PDK + Dragon Lord, most ideal?

Owlbear

Huh, interesting. I wonder why that is? STR and CHA aren't too dofficult to come by in endgame I think.
Because if you go full STR you save a lot of stat and skill points to put in other things. It's just a better way to maximize your stats and hitting your DC more often and more reliable.

Personally I have a CHA based Dragon Lord because it's more fun to me. And the toon doesn't run endgame stuff anyway.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Because if you go full STR you save a lot of stat and skill points to put in other things. It's just a better way to maximize your stats and hitting your DC more often and more reliable.

Personally I have a CHA based Dragon Lord because it's more fun to me. And the toon doesn't run endgame stuff anyway.
Do you go the feydark colour spray route by chance? it looks pretty nifty

Mordenkainen

That makes you a caster (as per your prior definitions) and not a melee...

8ng6x9.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Mordenkainen

images

I do think CHA Dragonlord Tanks are better than STR based tanks. That much I think we can agree upon

Mordenkainen

dude that's insane for these hearts. Like what possibly could be the reason to get these things apart from some one off like iconic.

Reactions: DBZ

Bjond

I really hate it that this game's combat system essentially revolves around crit profile and nothing else... it sucks.

That's great, because it doesn't. It's more of a kitchen-sink thing -- you have to consider power, double, and ALL the other factors; eg. a VKF build with 16x3 profile ends up similar DPS to a Haxen Bard with 15x5 profile due to the extra double and power in VKF.

The hard part isn't even balancing all of that to get a good melee, it's balancing sustained versus burst versus AE versus CC and that's almost entirely due to lack of persistent logs that can be parsed.

Kind of irrelevant, but if you want to try iconic with Dragonlord, try Shadarkai light pick, which has 4 crit multipliers +2 from Dragonlord.

Adrenaline is consumed by the 1st thing it touches (it's a one hit wonder). You'll want a Haxen Bard style build with Dragonlord instead of Frenzied Berserker if you want to go for a crit-monster. It ends up with 15x5 profile. I'm running one now on an SDK. It's fun (especially the chains), but IMHO a 15x4 TWF with VKF will out-perform it.

BTW, the reason to go STR is for the tactical feats. Sunder, Trip, & Stunning DCs are STR based. CHA primary costs double zStacks on CHA & STR and trading STR/2 DC scaling for CHA/6 is a bad trade. It's not going to be horrifically bad because you'll still get Low.STR/2 to the DC -- probably closer to a zero-sum in the end -- but now you'll be pudgy.

Mordenkainen

That's great, because it doesn't. It's more of a kitchen-sink thing -- you have to consider power, double, and ALL the other factors; eg. a VKF build with 16x3 profile ends up similar DPS to a Haxen Bard with 15x5 profile due to the extra double and power in VKF.

The hard part isn't even balancing all of that to get a good melee, it's balancing sustained versus burst versus AE versus CC and that's almost entirely due to lack of persistent logs that can be parsed.

Adrenaline is consumed by the 1st thing it touches (it's a one hit wonder). You'll want a Haxen Bard style build with Dragonlord instead of Frenzied Berserker if you want to go for a crit-monster. It ends up with 15x5 profile. I'm running one now on an SDK. It's fun (especially the chains), but IMHO a 15x4 TWF with VKF will out-perform it.

BTW, the reason to go STR is for the tactical feats. Sunder, Trip, & Stunning DCs are STR based. CHA primary costs double zStacks on CHA & STR and trading STR/2 DC scaling for CHA/6 is a bad trade. It's not going to be horrifically bad because you'll still get Low.STR/2 to the DC -- probably closer to a zero-sum in the end -- but now you'll be pudgy.
Wait, I don't understand where are you getting CHA/6 ? Like I still don't see where all these calcs are coming from...

So I go CHA PDK, that's like 80 Strength moderately geared at endgame. I sit at 90 CHA.

vs.

STR Halforc which is like 100 strength and like 70 CHA at endgame.

Sure I'm down -10 DC on tacticals but then I gain like another +18 DC from PDK. At worst, it's a wash. Not sure what everyone else is seeing.

Although, OMG they are so ugly...

Toregar_Falmon.png