PDK + Dragon Lord, most ideal?

Dogtrauma

Unknowable Member
"Wait, I don't understand where are you getting CHA/6 ? Like I still don't see where all these calcs are coming from..."
PDK gets a third of their charisma bonus as + on tacticals, making for (charisma-10)/2/3. The -10 part was omitted, perhaps making it a bit obscure.

Elminster

"Wait, I don't understand where are you getting CHA/6 ? Like I still don't see where all these calcs are coming from..."
PDK gets a third of their charisma bonus as + on tacticals, making for (charisma-10)/2/3. The -10 part was omitted, perhaps making it a bit obscure.
I see.

So really this comes down to how high you can jack up CHA while jacking up STR.

So, you're trying to answer is:

((PDKCHA-10)/6) + ((PDKSTR-10)/2) > ((XSTR-10)/2)

?

I just find it hard to believe that the righthand side is bigger than the lefthand side.

But then again I don't have those nifty gear plug-in software that can churn out theoretical stats at endgame.

Dogtrauma

Unknowable Member
With that formula the break even using the stats you posted earlier would be at 106 strenght, i have no idea what str values the cool kids have so...

Elminster

With that formula the break even using the stats you posted earlier would be at 106 strenght, i have no idea what str values the cool kids have so...
Also, remember you can't rage .. at all apparently. No rage pots, no madstone, no regular rage nothing. So the strength right there plummets by like 20 points ez.

Dogtrauma

Unknowable Member
Usually, only Rage from barbarian ( and big bears) is Rage from the perspective of this game no? I see no huge CC posts about this issue so i will assume that "flavor rage" is not rage here, laymans terms vs. the actual game mechanics and all that.

The formula is wrong i realize, your DC would be base+strength+charisma/2 (trance)+charisma bonus/3 VS. base + 1.5 Strength bonus ( trance included).

I am way to tired for this, good night.

Last edited:

Elminster

Usually, only Rage from barbarian ( and big bears) is Rage from the perspective of this game no? I see no huge CC posts about this issue so i will assume that "flavor rage" is not rage here, laymans terms vs. the actual game mechanics and all that.

The formula is wrong i realize, your DC would be base+strength+charisma/2 (trance)+charisma bonus/3 VS. base + 1.5 Strength bonus ( trance included).

I am way to tired for this, good night.
Yeah, again. Just can't see how base + 1.5 strength bonus is going to beat base + strength+ cha/2 + cha/3 etc.

SpartanKiller13

I read half orcs are up to 140 str thats alot of dc points
Lol for like 30s you can, but not for much longer than a screenshot. You gotta rage to hit those numbers, and you have to be out of rage to use clickies/scrolls etc etc. At least for me, when I was on a Barb around the end of last year.

120ish Str is much more maintainable, vs 90-100 for Cha at least when I'm running it. YMMV, and there's a fair bit of leeway of "hmm is X stat vs Y melee power worth it?"

Reactions: DBZ

Elminster

Lol for like 30s you can, but not for much longer than a screenshot. You gotta rage to hit those numbers, and you have to be out of rage to use clickies/scrolls etc etc. At least for me, when I was on a Barb around the end of last year.

120ish Str is much more maintainable, vs 90-100 for Cha at least when I'm running it. YMMV, and there's a fair bit of leeway of "hmm is X stat vs Y melee power worth it?"
So when you're running 100 CHA , how much can you pump up your STR by?

SpartanKiller13

So when you're running 100 CHA , how much can you pump up your STR by?
That 120+ Str toon had 60-64 Int (my trance stat for a hot minute, I started 12 Con for more Int lol). My 100 Cha Pally probs had like 35 Str lol, but that wasn't a goal for me.

Usually for me non-primary stats are low 60's barring stacking buff stuff (like a Barb has higher Con b/c rage bonuses), like Str can get Scream/Rage (spell)/Tenser's for another +10? So I'd expect like 70's presuming you can't rage. Rage is another 10 or so (4 base, 3 FotW, 3 Raging Strength)?

And then there's a lil' extra for like racial benefits, racial PL's, and how much you're willing to dump Con lol.

At some point it all becomes tradeoffs though. Filigree are an obvious point. How many MP will you trade for +2 Str? What about Fort bypass, how much do you want?