Performance issues: not really fixed?

Zaszgul

It takes much longer than just a handful of transitions after 66.0.2 was released, but I'm still seeing worse client performance than pre-U66.

System specs:
i5, 4 cores@4.3ghz
32 GB ram
gpu: r9 290
Win10

-Mouselook performance degrades, but does not get nearly as bad as before 66.0.2
-System memory claimed by DDO increases higher than pre-U66, to a limit of about 2.9GB
-Once the 2.9GB limit is hit, CPU activity claimed by DDO does not drop below ~85% even idle in public spaces (which is exactly what it was doing before the 66.0.2 fix, but only took ~10 loading screens to achieve)
-GPU utilization doesn't increase
-doesn't matter if I'm running 4 clients or just 1, degradation is still worse and happens faster than pre-U66

After a fresh client start, memory consumption will be about 1.7GB and CPU load around 35%

DDO has always had memory leaks and degrading performance over time, and is still trending towards worse.
Anyone else seeing worse client performance over time than pre-U66? Not talking about network lag.

Onyxia2016

Haven't logged in for 1 1/2 weeks. Was just to much of a pain in the backside to deal with.
Year ago I would be surprised something like this would take so long to fix but anymore it does not.

Drunken.dx

66.0.1 memory leak was quite bad for me.
Once saw fps drop from over 200 to under 100 just by waiting for raid group to fill (~15 minutes).
But after 66.0.2 it didn't happen again.

glass_jaws

I don't see the issue as it was anymore. I still get it after switching characters though. That said, that's a long standing issue from my understanding.

Br4d

Still having issues here although not the lag,lag,lag type.

I had to wait for about 3 minutes for the coffin in Gerard Dryden's Tomb to become accessible after killing the last pack. Looting the chest was fine. Picking up the collectible in the corner was fine. Clicked on the coffin and got no dialog. I tried examining it and nothing showed up either. Decided to wait it out and after about 2 and half minutes examining the coffin produced the normal display item. 30 seconds or so later the coffin was interactive and I was able to complete the quest.

If you get issues completing a quest give it a few minutes and the option may open up for you.

Onyxia2016

I had to wait for about 3 minutes for the coffin in Gerard Dryden's Tomb to become accessible after killing the last pack. Looting the chest was fine. Picking up the collectible in the corner was fine. Clicked on the coffin and got no dialog. I tried examining it and nothing showed up either. Decided to wait it out and after about 2 and half minutes examining the coffin produced the normal display item. 30 seconds or so later the coffin was interactive and I was able to complete the quest.

If you get issues completing a quest give it a few minutes and the option may open up for you.

Well that is one way to slow players down and reduce lag 🤪

Drunken.dx

similar issues on sarlona currently.

ran Heroic GH wilderness to Cry, no issues, click on quest entrance, wait 2 minutes for window to pop

Br4d

Just wanted to add: Endgame Marguerite stopped progressing midway through the second landing. Waited around for 10 minutes and then left.

Drunken.dx

Just wanted to add: Endgame Marguerite stopped progressing midway through the second landing. Waited around for 10 minutes and then left.
Server hamsters on strike, we'll see if server reset will get them back to work

Jummby

66.0.1 memory leak was quite bad for me.
Once saw fps drop from over 200 to under 100 just by waiting for raid group to fill (~15 minutes).
But after 66.0.2 it didn't happen again.
I lock my frame rates now to 144. I am trying to have more stability while playing in any way I can. Before the frame rate drop nonsense I was fine.

I logged in 2 times today for guild raids. On Lord of Blades frames dropped to under 90 on the way to the main room to the raid boss fight. At that point fps dropped to under 50 at times.

The specs on my computer should be more than enough to play this game. I play real games on it, no issues.

32 mb of ram, rtx 3060, ryzen 7 chip.

Last year at this time, before locking fps I was over 500 fps and whan things LOB had a aloy going on, I would hit lowest 150.

Things a a mess right now, for sure.

TavernTails

Tuesday Trivia Host on DDOstream
I think there is still a frame rate issue as well. I have been doing a significant amount of bank toon cleanup and organization, so I am logging off and on with different characters. Over that time, my frame rate fell from the 140s to the 40s. Moving was once again jerky and slow.

I can track it over time if helpful - If someone would just send me a message to let me know. I just don't want to spend an hour tracking data if devs are already aware of the issue.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I think there is still a frame rate issue as well. I have been doing a significant amount of bank toon cleanup and organization, so I am logging off and on with different characters. Over that time, my frame rate fell from the 140s to the 40s. Moving was once again jerky and slow.

I can track it over time if helpful - If someone would just send me a message to let me know. I just don't want to spend an hour tracking data if devs are already aware of the issue.
FPS drops/mouse look slowdowns when swapping between bank alts has been a long standing issue for years. So while annoying, nothing new from the recent updates.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
FPS drops/mouse look slowdowns when swapping between bank alts has been a long standing issue for years. So while annoying, nothing new from the recent updates.
I wish they would fix this with the same haste as before. ANYTHING that makes a player log out or quit the game needs to be addressed right away. Keep the players in the game That's the bottom line foundation for everything else in the world. And they just... don't do it. They don't do anything about it. Have they ever even acknowledged this happens?

TavernTails

Tuesday Trivia Host on DDOstream
That's good.. and bad. Good that it's a different problem and that I have never experienced it in 18 yrs. Bad that it remains an issue.