Pet items and their augments

Erandon

Why is it when i set an augment to a pets collar or armor i can see it fine, but when i put the item on my pet the augment vanishes and the pet does not get the boost? also i've noticed that in comparison to the wolf and the iron defender, the dark wolf is weak at max level 32 does only 200 damage at most to anything it hits.

l_remmie

These have been broken for years.
Anything concerning pets and hirelings is on the backburner. These are so thoroughly broken that they need a major overhaul and that takes time, resources and dedication. And fixes don't pay the bills as opposed to spending that time and those resources on new content.

Maybe if they make an actual summoner archetype they will delve into this.

Onyxia2016

These have been broken for years.
Anything concerning pets and hirelings is on the backburner. These are so thoroughly broken that they need a major overhaul and that takes time, resources and dedication. And fixes don't pay the bills as opposed to spending that time and those resources on new content.

Maybe if they make an actual summoner archetype they will delve into this.

Back burner?

Hell it is in a Tupperware container in the back of the frig growing some new life form. :ROFLMAO:

l_remmie

Agree, i love the small fixes. QoL and player retention is so underestimated. But it's shiny new revenue the CEO's wants. Player retention is moot, the whales are not going anywhere.

Onyxia2016

Unless you can get the whales complaining about something it will likely never get addressed.
The meta is that pets/hirelings are beyond worthless so anything that pertains to them will likely remain broken.

I for one scoff at this meta. I run hirelings and pets and they do just fine for me. I do not park them at the entrance and only call them when needed. They are with me every step of the way with survival rates better than most PUG players.

But I digress. There are other threads that discuss using hirelings/pets in great detail.

Blunt Hackett

Unless you can get the whales complaining about something it will likely never get addressed.
The meta is that pets/hirelings are beyond worthless so anything that pertains to them will likely remain broken.

I for one scoff at this meta. I run hirelings and pets and they do just fine for me. I do not park them at the entrance and only call them when needed. They are with me every step of the way with survival rates better than most PUG players.

But I digress. There are other threads that discuss using hirelings/pets in great detail.
Yeah, they aren't as useless as many think. They are buggy and dated, and they are definitely frustrating if you don't understand how to work with their AI quirks. But they contribute well and make for good meat shields if you buff them and can make decent kill and assist kills if you build for it.

Speed

Because the devs haven't deemed it high priority enough to fix the multiple issues that plague pets for the past decade, such as augments being broken on them, or collars not working (funnily enough we had a thread about that too today).

I did some more tests in mentioned post.
Conclusion is that on hit effects and augments (even passive and after pet restart) seem to not work, but some passive effects are fine (at least on character sheet).

Erandon

well i hope the DEVs will do something about it there is little point in having a pet if it cant fight like its supposed to