Pets - Equipment Augment Slots

The Narc

All the pets are pretty neat up through level 5. Skeleton is good for a decent while longer. None of them are good for more than pulling levers/opening trapped doors once the content actually starts to get a little hard.
Agreed, as long as you are running R2 or lower the skeleton can stay alive fairly well, and the good news is that because the devs hate extra support they generally set the Ai to try and kill the skellie, so when manipulating the weakness in the devs ai you can basically be damage free(with controlled agro) while the skeleton is alive.

Key is everytime the devs try to make something smarter just use their new flawed system to your advantage, remember their goal is to try to create an Ai that will increase kills to try and increase store purchases, it does not actual mean the Ai is better at killing, it is just better at killing folks that dont know how to deal with it. Their newer Ai provides far more opportunities to speed up completion then the previous AI.

Fizban

I built a Ranger Dark Hunter and get pretty decent use out of my summoned wolf and by extension my summoned NPCs. Now they are by no means affective in high reaper but from normal through even R1 they can be pretty efective.
  • Druid past lives x3 = +6 ability scores (summoned)
  • Harper Leadership x3 = +4 ability scores (summoned)
  • Augment Summoning - +4 ability scores (summoned)
  • Improved Augment Summoning - +8 ability scores (summoned)
Astro - Dark Wolf
Strength - 77
Dexterity - 77
Constitution - 91 (HP - 2,393)
Intellegence - 44
Wisdon - 56
Charisma - 48

My Dark Hunter uses a longbow. My main tactic is to assign a hireling healer to my wolf and let him attack and he holds aggro well. He rarely dies in this scenario while I pick them off with my bow. I enjoy the summoned dungeon fighting. I also have the legendary wolf whistle and use the werewolf as needed.