Pipe surfing is a thing...

Fleming

I just ran The Tide Turns and then Spies in the house heroic. My character Dwarf Barbarian with one level of rogue, (Featherfall augment equipped if you care), was floating across about 90 percent of the horizontal pipes. I.e. the pipes in the sewer section with rats and oozes in Tide.

It is not possible to jump when in this floating animation, which made completing Spies almost impossible. For the final ladder up to where the last shrine is, I had to back away from the ladder and use sprint boost to run and jump (skill 37) onto the ladder from a place where I was not doing the surfing pose.

Also, if you care, it does not seem possible to get conquest. I believe there is only 93 monsters in the dungeon and that is not enough to trigger conquest.

But my main issue is the pipe surfing....

Fleming

I sent a tell to someone else running Spies and they had the same thing. They are currently not able to complete.

Joenic2

This just happened to me in Spies which I was able to do a jump to the ladder and finish the quest thankfully. However, I don't think von 4 is completable now. I was floating all over the place in the lava area with pipes near the end and could not make any jump. The timer went and boom! Something broke with the new update. The common thing seems to be pipes. Please fix.

Grub

Same thing for me in spies but I dont have sprint boost and cant figure out a way to get on the last ladder. Almost all the pipes in the quest have the issue, they put you in hover/float mode which prevents you from jumping and prevents you from getting on ladders

Seppi Pearlsmith

Not just spies, I was going to runt Pit then Spies, favourite quests, looks like I wont.
When surfing, You can't jump from the pipe just go forward, backward etc. or slide off so some quest cannot be completed.
I'll try Tide Turns too. Here is a cute picture of my character pipe surfing.

Genkiba

Not just spies, I was going to runt Pit then Spies, favourite quests, looks like I wont.
When surfing, You can't jump from the pipe just go forward, backward etc. or slide off so some quest cannot be completed.
I'll try Tide Turns too. Here is a cute picture of my character pipe surfing.
Just ran Tides. Had some moments of pipe surfing but not much, and none so bad it delayed me at all.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
It's like asking a child how they managed to set the house on fire or a dog how they managed to make the pillow explode :D