Please Add these Armors to the game

Arthuvin

Firstly, with all due respect to the development team and with great humility:

I would like to ask the development team to add these armor appearances to the game. These are models that already exist in the game, but whose combination is extremely rare to occur in randomly generated armor.

I suppose that since these appearances already exist in the game, it is feasible, and hopefully not too difficult, to take one of the following paths:

A) Increase the drop probability of this combination in randomly generated armor.
B) Add this appearance as a named item.
C) Add this skin to the DDO Store as a cosmetic.

Below are some of the appearances I request. Some are my ideas, others from @Aelonwy.

1) This first appearance is similar to the Rough Plate and the Nightforge Plate. What I'm proposing is an armor that I call the Stormreach Knight Plate, whose chest, shoulder pads, armguards, waist and shin guards are the same color as the Rough Plate (Grey), but whose base material that covers the character's body is the same color of the Nightforge Plate (Gray too).

It could be added as a Named Item at the end of one of Harbor's quests. Or just have its probability of being generated increased as a random item.

StormreachKnightPlate%20-%20Copia.png

These two are the originals of the game. Nightforge Plate and Rough Plate
NightForge%20-%20Copia.jpg
Rough%20-%20Copia.jpg

2) This one is an armor that only exists for NPCs, but I've seen all kinds of NPCs using it, and I assume it's already rigged for all types of playable characters. Because it is very special, it could be added to the DDO Store as a cosmetic.

I call it the Silver Flame Knight Armor. Helmet too.

Silver_Flame_Knight.jpg

3) These models are from NPCs too, from House Deneith.

Deneith Officer Half Plate. It could be added as a Named Item to the Sentinels Chain. Or as a cosmetic in the store. Pairs well with the Deneith Anniversary Cloak.
Deneith_Officer_Half_Plate.jpg

Deneith Mercenary Chainmail
Deneith_Mercenary_ChainMail.jpg

4) This one I call the Stormreach Guard Half-Plate. It could be obtained as a named item as a reward from the Sharn Syndicade chain in the Marketplace. Or Added to the DDO Store for beig special.
Stormreach_Guard_Half_Plate.jpg

5) This one is from @Aelonwy. She said she's seen a random player using it and hasn't been able to find the same yet. If you could add it as named in some quest it would be cool.
5kNxAU4.jpg

6) @Gyuma Bei requests this amor appearance. He says if it were offered in the DDO store, He'd buy it. He says that his Barbarians and Wolf/Bear Druids would want this:
Monster_Hunter.png

7) Collection of NPC Armor Appearances that @Aelonwy suggests to be added. I Agree:
mdan05S.jpg

5Qk6zFs.jpg

UeWXTN0.jpg

8)Also there are some armors that were once available at the game, but are gone now such as this one:

Cannith Armor With Tabard and Ornate Pauldrons

Canith_Red_Armor_With_Tabard_And_Pauldroms.jpg

I respectfully and humbly ask that the development team do us the favor of adding these appearances to the game.

We know that building a cosmetic system similar to LOTRO may not have an adequate return on investment and may be more expensive in terms of processing and network (causing lag).

Alternatively, we ask you to add some skins directly in the game or in the store. Many of us like cosmetics and their presence in the game adds to the fun for many of us. Not to mention it's a good way for the game to make a extra money.

Thank you very much.

Ps: I ask that anyone who liked it upvote the thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 26

Aelonwy

My favorite armor that seems to be "NPC only" is from Death Knights/Zakya Cultists/Duergar Blackguards, and it includes the helmet, sword, and shield, since they seem to be part of the armor package. Been wanting this set for years. Please tell me it already exists for players to acquire :love:

3523bc901691d93f2f4b3ae4486781cf.jpg

I can't sleep so... I am here.

The armor is available certainly it is the Epic Death's Rampart https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Epic_Death's_Rampart from Epic Desecrated Temple of Vol in Epic Orchard of Macabre.

The closest helm is Helm of the Moranon https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Helm_of_the_Mroranon from the Plane of Night Raid

I don't think the sword exists for players, however, the Drow Shortsword of the Weaponmaster is the closest https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Drow_Shortsword_of_the_Weapon_Master or maybe you might like Lacerator https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Lacerator.

As to the shield I couldn't find anything in a quick search that even remotely looked like this shield so NPC-only I think. However, there are a number of shields that could possibly still match the style even if they don't look like this exact shield.

Options:

dur

aka Cybersquirt
No. Add Cosmetics, sure, if that floats yer boat, but NO MORE THINGS TO KEEP TRACK OF.

Arthuvin

No. Add Cosmetics, sure, if that floats yer boat, but NO MORE THINGS TO KEEP TRACK OF.
I understand what u mean, @dur. It may be more expensive in terms of network and may add to lag. That's why I edited the post and added this observation. I made clear now that I'm just asking for new cosmetics with the current system of the game.

I ask if u support this Idea, that u upvote the thread, so the development team may see it.

Arch-Necromancer

I would like if they could return the old models to random loot robes. Robes used to have various (old?) models and now they usually only use few (new?) ones.

You can only get old robe models from some outdated quest rewards that still offer old random loot with bad stats.

This is probably the same for other armor too.

That's why people cannot find random loot items like the ones you see some people have, they probaly got them on old random loot.

Crustbucket

I would like if they could return the old models to random loot robes. Robes used to have various (old?) models and now they usually only use few (new?) ones.

You can only get old robe models from some outdated quest rewards that still offer old random loot with bad stats.

This is probably the same for other armor too.

That's why people cannot find random loot items like the ones you see some people have, they probaly got them on old random loot.
Back when you could actually loot the armors they preview of the classes when you start a character or reincarnate. They are ironically hard to find ...

Sammy

The green/brown one that the drow elf is wearing is a cosmetic I've wanted for years. A lot of ranger trainer NPCs wear it. It's the kind of tunic that makes the quintessential archer look. Whether it's this exact tunic or a very similar one, I'd like this look.

There are practically no options in game if you want to look like a prototypical archer, or just a lightweight tunic with the "skirt". The Epic Scales of Surety come close, but has a bit too much metal on it.

Could do with or without the quiver. I do remember when cloaks came out, a dev said maybe to adding cosmetic quivers to the game and I would still enjoy seeing that.

Arthuvin

Mr @Cordovan, please. Could u try to take this subject to the development team? Cosmetics adds to the fun for many of us.
If the team could add at least one cosmetic to the store a month or at each two months it would be something great! Simple armors that already exists at the game.

Also there are some armors that were once available at the game, but are gone now such as this one:

Cannith Armor With Tabard and Ornate Pauldrons
Canith_Red_Armor_With_Tabard_And_Pauldroms.jpg

They could be put back at the DDO Store! Many of us will buy it!

Last edited:

Arthuvin

It happened again. Two random generated armor apperances with just the breastplate and a bad base overlay.
We could use a improved cosmetic system. Maybe a crafting cosmetic system that generates a single cosmetic output.

green_chest.jpg
grey_chast.jpg

Arthuvin

I call those things sticking out below their chins, "puke catchers."

Truly awful looking.
I actually like the full version of this armor because it combines with the helm of the flame as I show here in the rough plate (left). I'm just frustrated because there is no variation with the overlay I show on the right. Also, there is no way to control the colors and variation of these appearences.
Rough%20-%20Copia.jpg
StormreachKnightPlate%20-%20Copia.png

Arthuvin

I thought it was to make it more difficult to get stabbed in the throat.
That's its purpose. But the "Rough Plate" base texture overlay has a big gap in the neck, leaving it unprotected. The neck should be covered with chainmail. That's why I've been asking the devs to make a variation of the armor as I show in the picture of the right.