Please just give xp pots in the future

vryxnr

That sucks and I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm in game right now and running smooth. I know this doesn't make anything better, and is likely just going to make people even more angry. I even logged on to Orien a few minutes ago because lots of reports are coming from there. Sadly, I did not experiencing crippling lag, though I also only stayed there for about 10 minutes running around (checked my bank there, ran through several areas in stormreach and sharn, went into several wildernesses as I heard they are acting worse than quests, felt normal to me), though my character there is a fairly low level first lifer i used for favor many years ago.

I do not know what is causing the lag and I am NOT BLAMING PLAYERS FOR THE LAG THEY ARE EXPERIENCING! My posts are coming from the perspective of someone who is playing right now who is also trying to assess what SSG is doing and why they might be doing it, while also pushing back against blanket false statements such as "they gave us nothing" without any more info or nuance than that. I find THAT kind of discourse disingenuous.

And how I act and view things does work well for me in the real world. Thanks?

Can SSG do more? yes. and I wish they would. In the past I have stated what has actually causes non-client-side lag for me, and that still happens, which is upsetting. But one thing I will not do is declare something true that I can't reproduce. Likely, sure, but not absolutely fact.

Do I think giving everyone an exp pot is the best solution that should be done right now no matter what? No, not really. It would be nice, of course, but I can understand why SSG would be reluctant to do so. THAT is what I've been trying and apparently failing to say. SSG has it's reasons, and whatever they may be, it might be related to what I mentioned above, and if it is, I can understand that perspective. It it actually their position? I don't know. Is it a reasonable position? maybe. I'm not saying "ef everyone because of a few bad actors", but I am saying that those bad actors do cause negative impacts on everyone by making those in charge less likely to want to do things that they can exploit. That IS how things often work in the real world too.

Valerianus

Former Captain Of The Rotten Shark
The only real question is: Where is all our money going?

MIken4N.jpg

This also applies to games... as it applies to everything else.

I dont Like gimps

I've certainly enjoyed the double bonuses, went 10-20 in one day instead of the 10-12 and 12-14 or so I'd probs have done in the two weekends without the bonuses lol
fair fair I went from 8 to 14-15 from friday eve to Saturday eve but sorta depressing when from then on Im stuck on 15 until 1-2 Hours ago

Mickeymouse

Truly DDO server lags should be discussed In talkshows I cant wait to see a talk with Bernie sanders ,Cordovan and some random "expert" who brings like 2 nonsense contributions and a host who keeps interrupting everyone
The view have the 4 smartest women on the planet. clearly you never watched it! also, no idea who that Bernie Sanders fella is, he sure sounds like a jerk!

Falkor

Ok, so Vyx and I are obviously in a back and forth and some of you think I'm referring to you in specific? Seriously?

Snark? I can give you snark for jumping into a conversation and making assumptions that what is being said is about you. I mean, what in the world bruh?

Did I specifically point out someone not leveling quickly? Hello? Where is the basic reading comprehension? Where was ANY of that previous conversation directed at anyone leveling quickly or deny that they do?

Of course people who can actually login and play are able to level quickly. Some of us can't even login or are experiencing crippling lag.

And who is comparing anything about this to US and Ukraine. That's so tasteless and out of whack.

This community ... omg. I really don't know why I bother. I'm an idiot sandwich for participating and not learning my lesson the previous 1,034,321,454 times I've received snark for simply being here.

Last edited:

I dont Like gimps

The view have the 4 smartest women on the planet. clearly you never watched it! also, no idea who that Bernie Sanders fella is, he sure sounds like a jerk!
sorry Im not from Fried Triple whopper with extra cheese on the cheese diabetes Land I cant even tell if you're sarcastic