Please prioritize lag reduction instead of content

Vox

This game is a joy on the moments when there isn't soul breaking lag, and sadly those moments are getting fewer and fewer.

We don't want new content(1) when we can't enjoy it.

(1) Unless it is Legendary Devils of Shavarath completely fleshed out as an expansion...

Upvote 4

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Their idea of lag reduction always translates into nerfs, so I can't entirely agree.
I've seen sooo many nerfs over the years, all in the name of performance. The nerfs keep coming, and the lag is still here. I have lost confidence that SSG knows how to do anything meaningful about it.

And yes, I guess I'm a cranky old man. Oh, well. Git off ma lawn.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Different devs do different things; they can't wish the artists and quest designers to work on code. These things get worked on simultaneously.

HoopleHead

"Please prioritize lag reduction instead of content"

[Deep Breath]

BwaaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAaaa!

*GURK!*

[Drops dead]

• Haha
Reactions: dur

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

i dont think we need to get rid of lag, just get rid of ddo lag and replace it with lotro lag that way when players lag the monsters do too and we don't end up dead :)

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
Obviously the plan is to add two new feats

Legendary Defensive Fighting: For each second of lag you experience gain 500 PRR/MRR and 500 Energy Resistance of each type.
Legendary Offensive Fighting: For each second of lag you experience gain +1000 Melee/Ranged/Universal spell power

Vox

Anybody ever read Ready Player One?

What did the players do there?

Book was so much better than the movie

Been a few years, didn't they break of the matrix so to speak & make their own 'server'?

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
Book was so much better than the movie

Been a few years, didn't they break of the matrix so to speak & make their own 'server'?
Nope.

<spoiler> The protagonist won the contest and got to be the new owner of the OASIS. <spoiler>

But that's not what I was referring to.

Many of the players moved to Columbus, OH where the servers for the OASIS were located. They did that to reduce the lag as much as possible. The OASIS was that good.

Spell

Unfortunately, there was less lag I was experiencing before the weekly server restarts/maintenance, and ever since those started it just keeps slowly getting worse. Unfortunately, it's hard for me to identify one type of lag from all the others, but in groups I've generally had less lag than most players I've grouped with (mainly play on Sarlona, but been in groups on all main servers except Wayfinder over time, while I do a lot with LfMs, both posting and joining), and most of the times I've had moderate lag others in the groups did too. That's with every route Google Maps shows from this house to SSG being more than 1,200 mi (and more than 1,950 km for those that use km).
It really makes me wonder what's going wrong.

Yamani

Tyrannical Overlord
Obviously the plan is to add two new feats

Legendary Defensive Fighting: For each second of lag you experience gain 500 PRR/MRR and 500 Energy Resistance of each type.
Legendary Offensive Fighting: For each second of lag you experience gain +1000 Melee/Ranged/Universal spell power
Hrm when will these feats apply and how to detect them... Cause the lag could be: server lag, latency lag, or a rotten potato of a pc lag...

Reactions: dur

dur

aka Cybersquirt
"Please prioritize lag reduction instead of content"

[Deep Breath]

BwaaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAaaa!

*GURK!*

[Drops dead]
One way to fix it?

Seriously: What causes "lag?" Is it sloppy/fat code? is it players X items.. All of the above?

(Yes, I am continuing *the quest)

**is it too many animation/effects at one time with too many people?

(btw, don't mention Star Wars. I'm a trekkie.)