Poll: Will Dragon Lord get nerfed?

Will the Dragon Lord archetype class get nerfed?

• Yes, absolutely, it'll be nerfed and I'm going to mad as hell.

• Yes, absolutely, it'll get nerfed and I'll be very upset.

• Yes, it'll get nerfed and I'll be somewhat angry.

• Yes, it'll get nerfed and I won't care too much either way.

• Yes, it'll get nerfed and I expected it and I'm OK with it.

• Yes, it'll get nerfed and I'm perfectly fine with it.

• Yes, it'll get nerfed and it should definitely get nerfed.

• No, it will never get nerfed and I'll be mad it didn't.

• No, it will never get nerfed and I'll be somewhat angry it didn't.

• No, it will never get nerfed and I'll be happy with it.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
Well, I'm not playing one until they do whatever it is they are inevitably going to do to it.

No sense in getting worked up about DL only to wind up being disappointed.

8n8djb.gif

Dom

You know what, I have seriously seen more and more teaching/learning raids in the past month or so and it's been a massive boon for the game as a whole.

Take that for what you will.
Seeing your own teaching raid forum posts is not equivalent to seeing teaching raids in the game ... and don't try and use Voodu as an example, he's been teaching raids long before your posts.

SunTzu

160+ DC AOE instakill on every 30 sec with 5k+ hp heavy armored melee isn't OP.

It is just meta shift, devs want the best DC instakiller should be a melee, not a caster.
They sell the meta shift, and somebody call meta shift as OP.
They will do this again & again. It's their pattern.
So, just adapt. Do the meta until nerf. They will nerf current meta for next meta.

Last edited:
Reactions: DBZ

Wini

What are they going to nerf, anyway? The instakill doesn't work on elementals and some other creatures, and the high DC is due to generic fighter tacticals feats. It gets even less melee power than kensai so... what do you want to nerf exactly?

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
Everything will get 'balanced' eventually because there is no real overall plan for DDO. Actually, there is but it's bad because the people who write it aren't high skill players so they just wing it :D

Br4d

It would take a LOT more than some temporary fun on DL to get me to start playing regularly again.

This is one of the benefits of playing a melee play style. The fun is always there if you're moving and dancing in combat.

I was playing my EK the other night and I realized I like the playstyle more than the character or content. It's just fun to be constantly on the move doing intuitive things in combat. DDO is one of the few games that lets that reality shine because the physics engine is particularly forgiving on movement in combat.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
...nothing to do with DL.
I wouldn't say that.

I was looking into a few DL builds (a Bladeforged, dual LS wielding one appealed most to me at the time), but I stopped myself and wondered, "What's the point?"

I still might make that DL, but I might not. It really depends on SSG.

You know me. I have 30+ at-cap (and equipped) toons that I rarely TR and like to leave them the way they are. If I make a DL, it must be worth making and worth keeping.

Guntango

I wouldn't say that.

I was looking into a few DL builds (a Bladeforged, dual LS wielding one appealed most to me at the time), but I stopped myself and wondered, "What's the point?"

You know me. I have 30+ at-cap (and equipped) toons that I rarely TR and like to leave them the way they are. If I make a DL, it must be worth making and worth keeping.
You should try it; I think you'll enjoy it if you're playing. As far as nerfs go, some of the nerf bats don't sting as much as people make it seem.

Mordenkainen

I wouldn't say that.

That's really the rub with SSG.

It's like, "I'm going to invest time and money into this build buuuuut... it's going to get smashed to bits in a few months anyway, what's the point?"

Br4d

The best builds are still the best builds post-nerfs.

Wizard has always been a low-performing class compared to the best builds. Nothing about this will change.

It's like the Ranger-lovers. I want to be a Ranger dammit! Why can't I solo rx+?

Mordenkainen

You might be right.

But I'm not going to pin MY hopes on it. I suspect SSG might, though.
I can't help but to give applause to the Devs over at SSG. They really do try and make the best of what they're forced to work with.

I think people are expecting A LOT for MD, as in something brand new, but I think in the end it'll be re-hashed (albeit very cleverly) art and graphics.

IoD we had dinos and a new cat race and a jungle vibe that's somewhat different from the rest of the game. M.D. will be classic fantasy (like literally the classicist of the classics). I wonder how they'll set it apart from 90% of the game.