Prismatic Ray Question (Help)

eshadowbringer

My question is, what is the state of this spell when cast from creatures like pixie enchanters? I seem to recall it being nerfed a while back to no longer bypass deathblock/deathward. but then there were some "incidents" with Pale Master!

I was not going to play HC 8 because of lag issues and such but decided to after all! I am really enjoying it and do not want ruin it with a death from lag or a broken mechanic! The gear in feywild would be super useful but not worth it if i can get intsa killed on normal.

Spook

PMs undead forms make you immune to death effects but violet beam is not technically a death effect so you still need a deathblock item as a PM. The bug in PM is that the capstone is supposed to grant deathblock but it currently doesnt.

eshadowbringer

PMs undead forms make you immune to death effects but violet beam is not technically a death effect so you still need a deathblock item as a PM. The bug in PM is that the capstone is supposed to grant deathblock but it currently doesnt.
thank you for your reply,

So, If I have a deathblock item or an augment it will protect from the violet ray from prismatic ray/spray. I read a reddit where, in a previous HC season, the sharn docks hybrids were using spray and it was killing some people! I am guessing if it were a major issue the forums would be blowing up with cases of pixies getting through deathblock items!

Im not even a PM I just dont trust this games mechanics to work as they should!

Spook

Yes DB works on violet (since update 34) because of this some assume its a death effect and that undead form alone would protect you but this is not the case.

TeeInVa

Can confirm! that violet beam is a real bugger. HC Season 7 my PM, decked out in all her undead finery killed by purple beam - actually a few purple beams, iirc - all at once from several of the Soul-Split WF casters down on the Sharn Docs in Underlane Assignment...? was level 19 :( some say "live and learn" I say "die and learn". don't forget your deathblock. (and skip the docs if you can lol)

eshadowbringer

Thanks for the reply! Yeah I have actually had DB on since i looted some snazzy armor at level 3. One of my group members calls me paranoid and he is correct!

Any thoughts or information on anyone getting popped that was wearing deathblock? I have heard a couple mentions but nothing I would call reliable?

i feel like if it were happening with even outlier cases there would already be a post ranting about it!

i think I'm going to plan on running feywild then! Unless any new info comes forward!

Frieling Slyhand

I was one shot from 300 hp to -1 from a pixie casting prismatic spray in Immortality Lessons this HCL. Luckily someone healed me before I died. I did not have deathblock. Now I do.

eshadowbringer

I was one shot from 300 hp to -1 from a pixie casting prismatic spray in Immortality Lessons this HCL. Luckily someone healed me before I died. I did not have deathblock. Now I do.
Close call!

Thank you everyone for taking the time to discuss this! I went ahead and ran Feywild WITH deathblock on at all times and had no issue!

... not gonna lie the pixie enchanters still died first in every encounter that had one!

Dogbreath68

I know this is off-topic of the Prismatic Spray spell, but it deals with Death Block. Being on my PM And at 339% fortification, Commander Alaina in Plundering the Pirates Booty vorpaled me. It put me at en exact -10 hit points but didn't show the vorpal strike in the combat log, just that I was killed by Alaina. Not sure how she was killing me instantly, I tried using deathward and re-entered. This is was what I was missing. Even being undead as well as being heavily fortified, that 20 on 20 wiped me out.
I always use dw now at all times.

Mary

for hardcore, I would be safe even if you are in an enhancement tree that grants death block and still equip a death block item.

I generally wear one the entire event as soon as I can afford to get one.
(they can be easily crafted with 0 crafting skill too)

If you have salt farming a 3 DW click is helpful too just to have it if you need it - 10 minutes of DW @ lvl 3.

Spook

Commander Alaina casts power word kill which is a death effect so if its killing you with undead form that one actually is a bug