RAID Shadow Legends

DDO Gaming

Just spent some time playing this game. Its a nice turn-based game with cute graphics but really...folks complain way too much about DDO.

I think the problem with DDO is its too big and you need to be dedicated to actually enjoy it

DDO Gaming

so having played Raid Shadow reasonably substantially for about 1 week here are my thoughts:

1. Currently DDO loading screens occasionally display words of widsom (eg press <SPACE> for swim). These COULD be replaced by flashsales screens linked to the DDO store to tempt gamers into buying stuff from the DDO store (there are huge amounts of flashsale adverts integrated into Raid Shadow)
2. Raid Shadow Events often have linked packs for sale. SSG could extrapolate by offering pack sets for events (eg crystal cove) that reduce the grind (eg 10 Stolen Amethyst for $10)

Regarding gameplay, you're kindof stuck with DDO. if you tried applying anything from Raid Shadow you could only have 3 fixed spells for your wizards...and those would be timed so maybe the wizard could only cast firebell every 5 minutes. We're actually lucky with the depth, breadth etc of DDO gameplay BUT...complex calculations (especially with a team that can sometimes include gamers from across the world for a single quest) result in tasty lag

DDO Gaming

I think one of the core problems with DDO is that it doesn't have a clearcut identity. Raid Shadow clearly has evolved from DnD and other turnbased games whereas...whilst DDO has her roots in DnD...its is actually unrelated to any tabletop game and plays completely differently.

I have no idea if this was a deliberate decision back in 2005 (or whenever) since I have no idea what was popular in the gaming marketplace back then but if the game is ever re-engineered the core reason for its existence needs to be re-examined

DDO Gaming

I think one thing SSG can learn from raid/legends is providing three precreated characters fully equipped so newbies aren't forced to experience the hell (and for new gamers it really is hell) of multiple screens, multiple options etc etc to create their first character. After that just deliver a namechanging token to their inventory so instead of being named something random like "125EEEXYTTT" gamers can change the name to something more meaningful. Or they can delete the precreates and enjoy the hell of building their own characters

DDO Gaming

Sadly the one feature of raid/legends that remains insanely brilliant and can NEVER be replicated in DDO is multibattle. Multibattle makes a mockery of grind and a gamer can very quickly buildup digital assets whilst focusing on other life activities

DBZ

Yeah played that one for awhile on a burnout brake was ok but became repetetive after awhile

Doing the challenge things for the Arbiter became insane the amounts of raids n drops n dps needed to get there

They run out real fast like 75 million dps to clan bosses on nightmare lol

Kasanje

YouTube Creator
I first tried #Raid Shadow Legends back in 2020 for a GPT offer. I think I got around $50 for that and then later there was a slightly different offer for $90 (after purchases). Currently, the reward is $164 if you finish all the objectives within the time limits.

I enjoyed the collecting and merging mechanics for upgrading heroes. I've been uploading Raid shorts on my channel every Friday since January 2022.