Reifee - Orien

Hey Guys

I knew that we were going to get Gutted on the DB
It went from
1d6+10 With no real MCL
Or
2d6+20 with No real MCL
15 Sec recast

It also was 25, 20 or 15 mana for 3 Points.
Now for 2 points you get
1d6+5 for 25 mana
12 Second recast

Tell me this isn't the intenton? Around 38% of the damage, And the mana cost went up 40%? Shouldn't the mana cost be still 15 or is the 25 mana cost Also intended?

Lazuli

No matter the increase in spell points, DB is now useless like the rest of the caster strikes. I've been questing quite a bit with my wizard and I've simply stopped using it.

It must be accepted that caster strikes have gone the way of the dodo, exactly like the version of the shiradi for casters. Say goodbye, because the devs are not going to back down.

The strikes from the melees trees are much better. Orchid blossom has more than 20 times the effectiveness of DB even without having melee power. Add some melee power to your spellpower and you'll see 150K or more damage. The rest of the strike melees aren't as cute, but they're not capped at level 20. Face it, devs hate spellcasting.

If you are willing to give up a caster tree, with all the sacrifices that entails, orchid blossom gives better results than DB has ever given.

DBZ

I need 150 more heal amp just to get those working and only a melee tank can pull that off

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
No matter the increase in spell points, DB is now useless like the rest of the caster strikes. I've been questing quite a bit with my wizard and I've simply stopped using it.

It must be accepted that caster strikes have gone the way of the dodo, exactly like the version of the shiradi for casters. Say goodbye, because the devs are not going to back down.

The strikes from the melees trees are much better. Orchid blossom has more than 20 times the effectiveness of DB even without having melee power. Add some melee power to your spellpower and you'll see 150K or more damage. The rest of the strike melees aren't as cute, but they're not capped at level 20. Face it, devs hate spellcasting.

If you are willing to give up a caster tree, with all the sacrifices that entails, orchid blossom gives better results than DB has ever given.
Orchid Blossom's unintentional spellpower scaling is definitely getting fixed soon (and rightfully so).

Reifee - Orien

I think Epic strikes should have a fairlyh high amount of power. They should not be game changing but they should be better then a level 9 spell.

They aren't unfortunately.

its dissapointing that this turned into yet another nerf.

It was presented different and the mana costs were not made apparent.

Could we have this at least responded on officially?

Raedier

All caster strikes are garbage now.

If the goal of the DB nerf was to reduce homogengenization it has failed since every nuker is pidgeonholed into falconry now.

Not the best change.

Last edited:

seph1roth5

It's pretty garbage. My wiz was using it and completely metamagic'd up, my dragonbreath did roughly the same/less damage as an UNmeta'd meteor swarm. My DB hit for ~1900, my meteors for 400-500 each.

Now the damage boost at 26 definitely made it pull ahead, but it's still very sad for an "epic strike"

Aelonwy

We barely got interaction on the Lamannia forums about the chop-job they were doing on DB. They wanted caster Epic strikes nerfed to heroic standards. For whatever reason... take your pick... casual players completing quests too fast to need purchasing Ottos boxes, players not buying enough xp pots so slow down quest efficiency, shaking up the meta so people pay to respec A$/hearts/pots. Maybe we are at another one of those points in the cycle where casters are meant to be only the melees' support like old 20's-Only epics... you know heals/CC/buffs sit back and let the real heroes do their job. Whatever the case may be the DMs don't care what we think about it, they don't care that casters are having less fun, they only care that we continue to pay one way or another.

Sooner or later it will be the melees turn for major nerfs in the cycle and many of those same players telling casters to "walk it off" will be moaning and complaining about their own butt hurt. Despite having few melee characters myself I am NOT looking forward to such comeuppance. My hubby and son play mostly melee and I think if the devs make this game any less fun my hubby is going to quit. Then there just won't be any motivation for me to stay either. They are riding the line hard where sunk-cost fallacy is starting to feel like a BDSM relationship.

Elminster

We barely got interaction on the Lamannia forums about the chop-job they were doing on DB. They wanted caster Epic strikes nerfed to heroic standards. For whatever reason... take your pick... casual players completing quests too fast to need purchasing Ottos boxes, players not buying enough xp pots so slow down quest efficiency, shaking up the meta so people pay to respec A$/hearts/pots. Maybe we are at another one of those points in the cycle where casters are meant to be only the melees' support like old 20's-Only epics... you know heals/CC/buffs sit back and let the real heroes do their job. Whatever the case may be the DMs don't care what we think about it, they don't care that casters are having less fun, they only care that we continue to pay one way or another.

Sooner or later it will be the melees turn for major nerfs in the cycle and many of those same players telling casters to "walk it off" will be moaning and complaining about their own butt hurt. Despite having few melee characters myself I am NOT looking forward to such comeuppance. My hubby and son play mostly melee and I think if the devs make this game any less fun my hubby is going to quit. Then there just won't be any motivation for me to stay either. They are riding the line hard where sunk-cost fallacy is starting to feel like a BDSM relationship.

I really don't think this game can take another U66-like nerf again.

Like it would be the straw that breaks the camel's back sorta thing.

I know we're all under a form of stockholm syndrome but they need to be careful before pulling a "big one" like this.

Otherwise, everything seems OK in terms of the other aspects of development.

Raedier

I think Epic strikes should have a fairlyh high amount of power. They should not be game changing but they should be better then a level 9 spell.

They aren't unfortunately.

its dissapointing that this turned into yet another nerf.

It was presented different and the mana costs were not made apparent.

I’d love to hear an official response on this.

Why is dragonbreath suddenly too strong after all the time between the u59 destiny revamp and now?
In what content was it too strong specifically? Epic levelling? Legendary high skull reaper quests? Raids?
Was it too strong because it was not level capped?
Why is a higher level cap bad?

To me it seems like more of a coincidence that dragonbreath even got nerfed on the level cap, with the way it was handled on the forums nerfing the level cap did not seem initially intended at all.

It definitely did not need the level cap nerf on top of the damage dice nerf, the other strikes should have just been buffed to match the level cap of 30 or not having a level cap at all (I’m not sure wich one it was)

Strikes not having a cap in general would definitely make for some very interesting build choices.

Please give us a response ssg.

Onyxia2016

And with this latest round of changes DDO is about as close to D&D as WoW or Diablo.

Magic users should always have the highest damage output at higher levels period.
They can not take a hit as they are a glass cannon.
So now melee cannot only out damage a caster they can also take countless hits.
I am sure Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson are rolling over in their graves.

So congratulations SSG on create a new Hack N' Slash video game. Can't wait to see the new name.

Elminster

d745e530d74c75a37f49fb186f917125.jpg

Reactions: dur