Regularly scheduled Seasonal Events

Aelonwy

It would be nice if we could have some semblance of regularly scheduled seasonal events instead of this hodge-podge of whenever the devs feel like it. I understand that some events require added work because the rewards or the challenges get changed up each year such as Night Revels. But even Night Revels has some semblance of a regular schedule e.g. its always around Halloween.

But some events such as Champion Hunter Weekends or Mimic Event have such spontaneous, sporadic scheduling that huge gaps in availability occur and if you miss that one weekend you might be waiting an entire year for another.

My suggestion would be to give these events either a regular schedule like once a quarter or associate them with particular holidays so people know close enough when to expect them, like Crystal Cove on Talk Like a Pirate Day.

Upvote 5

Onyxia2016

Arrr I be agreeing to this. Oh wait wrong time of year.

This is very true for the short events. Wife and I play on the weekends so if it is a short event covering only a single weekend, we better not have other plans or we miss out.

festasha

It would be really nice if there was a tab added to either the forums page or the home page for schedules with notifications for everyone whenever it is updated. I can't remember the last time I got to do the mimic event :confused:

Dunspartacus

I swear this game used to have an event calendar at some point that just vanished into the aether or something, but I could be misremembering. Would also love to see this as well as maybe some semblance of routine for bonus weeks/weekends as I kinda modify my playtime depending on whatever bonus is going on that week, and they seem to be all over the place in terms of what follows what.

Ellisaria

Holding onto 100k remnants because we haven't seen the special offerings from the champ hunter since...July (?) is another storage headache on top of the rest of dungeons and storage online.

Crustbucket

Arrr I be agreeing to this. Oh wait wrong time of year.

This is very true for the short events. Wife and I play on the weekends so if it is a short event covering only a single weekend, we better not have other plans or we miss out.
I feel that!