RXP stones !

Shear-buckler

Oh man. Shared grind is desperately needed, the situation for alts is getting worse and worse each year.
I just don't think RXP should be a part of it. It's the quintessential endgame-grind that should stay strictly character specific to encourage players to push all their characters and not just do easy-mode on their already maxed on toon to boost their lower ones.

bleach

Reaper difficulty was created to bring challenge to the players. It would be against the foundational reason of reaper difficulty if an alt would get rxp without playing reaper difficulty.

The reaper trees are, as you would say : against the foundational reason of reaper difficulty. Yet here they are, from the start. So, once crossed that line, that argument about the challenge lost any kind of sense. But that would be a discussion for another thread I think.

droid327

Yeah I get what you're saying, but it just wouldnt work that way. It'd be a way to level up alts without actually playing them, and SSG will never go for it. Even with a 50% penalty, its still a fundamentally bad idea to let you gain long-term progress on a character without actually playing it

The most I could see is maybe letting capped players trade in a big chunk of their "extra" RXP for a BTA RXP pot, that would let you earn RXP on your alts faster, but still require you to actually play them.

Lazuli

Well, I have always said that this game needs more mechanics linked to the account and catch up mechanisms, because the grind is currently out of control.

But stones are not the solution. As we already know, those things have been duped and will probably be duped again at some point. But there are other solutions that could be taken to help alts.

bleach

But stones are not the solution. As we already know, those things have been duped and will probably be duped again at some point. But there are other solutions that could be taken to help alts.

Yes, it may be not the best method but something like that would be good I think. If they could, somehow, make sure no one could abuse it.

Airmaiden

Looks like SSG will NOT be doing anything for those that have 156+ RP.
SO......if you have a toon that is complete, just quit the game.....seems like that is what SSG is wanting you to do!!
I left for 3 months.....came back to get my 3 DL's PL's in and will now be gone from the game until Aug.....will come back for a couple weeks to play new content....then will leave the game until Feb 2025.

Players have been telling SSG to put cosmetics into the reaper system (for a carrot to chase for 5+ years)....and they have done NOTHING!!
Lost soo many friends from this game because there was next to nothing to do.....no need to spend money on this game, no XP pot required, no VIP required.

Vote for OP's proposal: NO

No Need to change the Reaper system......all SSG would need to do is add cosmetics!!

Last edited:

Sylvado

You must be against daily rolls xp stones then too...some just can't be helped I guess
I have gotten 30K XP a few times over the years but 30k XP is less valuable than 10 RXP, even at half you would be getting much more and as often as you want.

Ahpuch

Still slower rxp gain than play the alt with ftb on r5....
First thing they would need to do is remove the x2 multiplier on Legendary quests for that to be true. And a Capped Reaper character can run a quest much faster than a No to low Reaper XP character so that would have to be factored in as well. Dropping your number to a 10% Rxp stone would still be larger than SSG would ever go with.

You are right but I am loath to use duping potential as reason to not do something. They really should have fixed that problem by now and using it as an excuse gives power to buggy code. Ick.

Sarlona Raiding

Personally, I don't think SSG should place a high emphasis on reaper points over 156. A much larger segement of the population would prioritize making systems more alt-friendly and/or providing catch-up mechansms on old systems like reaper xp. Capping reaper points is an unintended catch-up mechanism and perhaps this is the conclusion SSG came to. Provide a catch-up mechamism by simply doing nothing - economical, favored by the majority of players, doesn't close any doors to expanding reaper points in the future if they change their mind.

Unfortunatey I think reaper xp beyond 24,336,000 will continue to be the dead horse getting beat unless SSG patches and hard caps rxp to end the debate.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Players who have got 156 reaper points...
SSG has the numbers on their end for how many accounts have a character with 156+ points. My bet would be the number of people who actively post on the forums vs the number of players in the game with 156+ are vastly different; and that SSG doesn't see the need to cater to the minority of us who have them (and I can't really blame them if we're the small percentage I assume we are).

woq

SSG has the numbers on their end for how many accounts have a character with 156+ points. My bet would be the number of people who actively post on the forums vs the number of players in the game with 156+ are vastly different; and that SSG doesn't see the need to cater to the minority of us who have them (and I can't really blame them if we're the small percentage I assume we are).
I'm not one of those people (not even close) but I've been surprised about how many ppl I play with that have 156+. Definitely still a minority, but not as small a portion as I expected. I'd add that a change to 156+ would also make the prospect of playing more reapers more appealing to those in the 100s too as a potential goal, not just those who are already past 156 to spend their number-go-up hoards on. I think retaining the interest of those people is also important. Whether that should be by keeping 156+ an interesting goal or by increasing the value of alts... Who knows.

However, I acknowledge that the time SSG has to implement things in the game is limited and they can't just do everything, and that's assuming they agreed with the premise that such a change was positive for the game.

Sarlona Raiding

I'm not one of those people (not even close) but I've been surprised about how many ppl I play with that have 156+. Definitely still a minority, but not as small a portion as I expected. I'd add that a change to 156+ would also make the prospect of playing more reapers more appealing to those in the 100s too as a potential goal, not just those who are already past 156 to spend their number-go-up hoards on. I think retaining the interest of those people is also important. Whether that should be by keeping 156+ an interesting goal or by increasing the value of alts... Who knows.

However, I acknowledge that the time SSG has to implement things in the game is limited and they can't just do everything, and that's assuming they agreed with the premise that such a change was positive for the game.
I don't notice much difference on a character with 100 reaper pts vs 120 vs 156. I do notice a big difference on a deep alt with only 30 reaper points and no racial past lifes. The build options are much more limited, although I can still come up with builds that are useful in R10.

A raiding favored soul with 0 reaper points has 500 fewer spell points for a non-reaper raid raid and I see healers running out of spell points even on lower difficulties. And that is before the bonus point multiplier so the difference is actually much more.

So yeah I tend to feel more empathy for the people that have fewer reaper points and have less power and would prioritize some sort of help for that part of the community vs. someone like myself getting more hp that I don't need. I mean I already get over 1000 hp on my main characters when stepping into reaper mode. Why should it be SSG's priority to give me more vs. other people that have alot less?

There are options for people that maxed out a character. It's a personal choice not to consider those options and instead continually ask for more power that isn't even needed and benefits a tiny % of the population and even a smaller % of the characters. This request would be at the expense of things SSG could do for the global community that would impact many more people. SSG has the #s and has to know this which is likely why they reached the right conclusion.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
A raiding favored soul with 0 reaper points has 500 fewer spell points for a non-reaper raid raid and I see healers running out of spell points even on lower difficulties. And that is before the bonus point multiplier so the difference is actually much more.

So yeah I tend to feel more empathy for the people that have fewer reaper points and have less power and would prioritize some sort of help for that part of the community vs. someone like myself getting more hp that I don't need. I mean I already get over 1000 hp on my main characters when stepping into reaper mode. Why should it be SSG's priority to give me more vs. other people that have alot less?
To be fair, it doesn't take long to get 25 reaper points. It was pretty easily do-able on HC via r4's. So I think people on live shouldn't have much trouble gaining some of the basic reaper tree power if they really want it.

Sarlona Raiding

To be fair, it doesn't take long to get 25 reaper points. It was pretty easily do-able on HC via r4's. So I think people on live shouldn't have much trouble gaining some of the basic reaper tree power if they really want it.

If they have 25 reaper points they are either down 100 hp + 350 spell points in a non-reaper raid or they are down 500 spell points. And this is for a non-reaper raid.

Anyhow, when you say "to be fair" - I don't think it's fair to assume people can earn 25 points on a raiding alt. Many have limited play time and are trying to squeeze in time on their main character and fitting in raids. Finding the time and group to earn reaper points on a deep raiding alt that might not be very good at soloing isn't something that should be assumed as easy.

And my main point anyhow, is why should SSG focus resources on giving more power to people that don't need it when there are people that don't even run reaper that are already so far behind on power in non-reaper raids.

DBZ

50 on my final alt before ed pass killed it 3 pls 30 epls was gonna finish it

Not now just grindin frags

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Anyhow, when you say "to be fair" - I don't think it's fair to assume people can earn 25 points on a raiding alt. Many have limited play time and are trying to squeeze in time on their main character and fitting in raids. Finding the time and group to earn reaper points on a deep raiding alt that might not be very good at soloing isn't something that should be assumed as easy.
I don't assume anything, I just don't think it's hard to get initial reaper points for those really want them. Time management is an issue for anyone playing; one picks where and how to spend that time. If that initial power is something someone really wants, then that's where they should concentrate that time. We all make trade-offs for choices and how our time feels best spent. That stuff gets done on HC in short periods of time is just a good indicator that it can be done on live where dying isn't a big deal.

And my main point anyhow, is why should SSG focus resources on giving more power to people that don't need it when there are people that don't even run reaper that are already so far behind on power in non-reaper raids.
I don't really need extra perks for being well over 156 on my main so I'm right there with you on that point.

Airmaiden

The only options for one that has hit 156 RP and wants to get any progression are:
1. Start an alt......and run all the same quests you have run 100+ times on your main (your main that you have spent YEARS on!!).
2. QUIT the game....which is what a LOT of people have done!
3. Log on once a week to play with friends (raiding).......this option does little to nothing for the game!

Reactions: DBZ

Lazuli

The only options for one that has hit 156 RP and wants to get any progression are:
1. Start an alt......and run all the same quests you have run 100+ times on your main (your main that you have spent YEARS on!!).
2. QUIT the game....which is what a LOT of people have done!
3. Log on once a week to play with friends (raiding).......this option does little to nothing for the game!
If they add rewards for more than 156 reaper points you will still have to play those same quests that you have repeated thousands of times with that character. These rewards are not going to magically add more content. That kind of argument doesn't work...