Sacred Fist Warforged?

Rairyuken

Hello! So returning player. I liked the overall look on paper at least of the Sacred Fist and thought it might be interesting. I'm trying to figure out the best ways to make it work, however. Any advice out there other than "don't do it" from the good forum goers? Please?

Purr

Warforged with 8 levels of fighter for kensai and 12 of sacred fist might be a lot of fun since you could run with a greatsword.

Rairyuken

Warforged with 8 levels of fighter for kensai and 12 of sacred fist might be a lot of fun since you could run with a greatsword.
That's actually an interesting idea. Would be able to take advantage of racial and class enhancements if I wanted to, I think.

Rairyuken

So I'm struggling a bit with this concept. Seems like Cha/Str/Con should be my main starting out? I noticed at mid-levels I get to swap to flat out Cha on Attack and Damage on the SF tree.

Eleazzar

I am pretty sure you just keep divine dream which you get a SF level 6 which is your to CHA hit and dmg and just user that. I am pretty sure WIS can still be a dump stat and just Max Con and Cha with all levels in to Cha. However you will need 15 str for THF so maybe enough Str to get access by levlel 3 when a +8 tome begins to hit. Now you have me thinking

Purr

start with enough str for THF, and then use feydark for charisma to hit/damage until you get divine dream.

You could also just go str for hit/damage the whole way and use charisma as a nice kicker for save bonuses.

this is going to be a subpar build no matter what, so min/maxing won't help.

Eleazzar

start with enough str for THF, and then use feydark for charisma to hit/damage until you get divine dream.

You could also just go str for hit/damage the whole way and use charisma as a nice kicker for save bonuses.

this is going to be a subpar build no matter what, so min/maxing won't help.
Why do you think its a subpar build?

Purr

Sacred fist is a charisma build, generally, and WF get a penalty. Drow or dragon would be a better choice.

Sacred fist is a favored weapon centered class, and GS is only available (until lev 23) by being wf (bf starts as regular paladin).

Wf get poor healing, which is what sacred fist offers. LoH helps offset, but not like how bf handles it.

in short, the best robopaladins are bladeforged, and the best sacred fists are non-warforged.

Subpar might be too harsh, though. Might be a lot of fun, but won't be min/maxed

That's the best part of TRing, though. :)

Eleazzar

Sacred fist is a charisma build, generally, and WF get a penalty. Drow or dragon would be a better choice.

Sacred fist is a favored weapon centered class, and GS is only available (until lev 23) by being wf (bf starts as regular paladin).

Wf get poor healing, which is what sacred fist offers. LoH helps offset, but not like how bf handles it.

in short, the best robopaladins are bladeforged, and the best sacred fists are non-warforged.

Subpar might be too harsh, though. Might be a lot of fun, but won't be min/maxed

That's the best part of TRing, though. :)
yeah that makes sense. I thought your were referring to the fight splash.

Kimbere

Hello! So returning player. I liked the overall look on paper at least of the Sacred Fist and thought it might be interesting. I'm trying to figure out the best ways to make it work, however. Any advice out there other than "don't do it" from the good forum goers? Please?
It won't be a min/max'd meta build, but 18 Sacred Fist, 1 Monk, 1 FvS using handwraps is decent. FvS for the Divine Might. Monk for the stances.

A little low on the DPS side but pretty sturdy on the defense side, which might be a benefit to a returning player while you figure out all the changes.

Warforged Sacred Fist Handwraps
18/1/1 Sacred Fist/Monk/Favored Soul
Lawful Good Warforged

Level Order
1. Sacred Fist 6. Favored Soul 11. Sacred Fist 16. Sacred Fist
2. Sacred Fist 7. Sacred Fist 12. Sacred Fist 17. Sacred Fist
3. Sacred Fist 8. Sacred Fist 13. Sacred Fist 18. Sacred Fist
4. Sacred Fist 9. Sacred Fist 14. Sacred Fist 19. Sacred Fist
5. Monk 10. Sacred Fist 15. Sacred Fist 20. Sacred Fist

Stats 32pt Level Up
---- --------
Strength 8 4: DEX
Dexterity 16 8: CHA
Constitution 18 12: CHA
Intelligence 8 16: CHA
Wisdom 8 20: CHA
Charisma 14 24: CHA
28: CHA

Skills S S S S M F S S S S S S S S S S S S S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
------------------------------------------------------------
Balance 2 2
Concent 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 21
Tumble 1 1
------------------------------------------------------------
4 1 1 1 3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

Feats

1 : Two Weapon Fighting
3 : Precision
5 Monk : Swords to Plowshares
6 : Adept of Forms
6 Deity : Whatever You Want
9 : Improved Two Weapon Fighting
12 : Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
15 : Greater Two Weapon Fighting
18 : Two Weapon Defense OR Quicken Spell
21 Epic : Overwhelming Critical
22 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
24 Epic : Master of Forms
25 Destiny: Doublestrike
27 Epic : Grandmaster of Forms
28 Destiny: Embodiment of Law
30 Epic : Epic Damage Reduction
30 Legend : Scion of: Astral Plane
31 Destiny: Deific Warding

Spells
Sacred Fist
1. Cure Light Wounds (4), Bless (8), Divine Favor (16), Ki Bolt (20)
2. Angelskin (10), Righteous Command (12), Sacred Fist Empowerment (18)
3. Incinerating Wave (13), Cure Moderate Wounds (14)
4. Holy Sword (16), Zeal (17)
Favored Soul
1. Nightshield

Enhancements (Spent: 79 +0r +0u / Max: 80 +0r +0u AP)
Sacred Fist (41 AP)
• Sacred Flame, Strike Evil, Soothe the Suffering, Defend Against Darkness, Rising Hope
1. Sacred Strike I, Deft Strikes III
2. Sacred Strike II, Exalted Whirlwind, Fast Movement
3. Sacred Strike III, Light of Hope, Stat: Charisma
4. Sacred Strike IV, Light of Glory, Iron Skin III, Stat: Charisma
5. Sacred Strike V, Divine Strike, Avenging Whirlwind, Violence Begets Violence
Sacred Defender (25 AP)
• Holy Bastion, Sacred Defense, Divine Righteousness, Redemption
1. Extra Lay On Hands III, Improved Sacred Defense: Durable Defense III
2. Bulwark Aura III
3. Resistance Aura III, Greater Sacred Defense: Tenacious Defense III, Stat: Charisma
4. Swift Defense, Greater Sacred Defense: Hardy Defense III
Vistani Knife Fighter (9 AP)
• Knife Expertise, Knife Juggler
1. Undead Hunter, Mist Stalker, Acrobatic I
2. Haste Boost III
War Soul (4 AP)
• Smite Foe: Melee
1. Divine Might: Divine Might III

Last edited:

morningfrost

It won't be a min/max'd meta build, but 18 Sacred Fist, 1 Monk, 1 FvS using handwraps is decent. FvS for the Divine Might. Monk for the stances.
Hi, I need a paladin life and I will probably try this. I like warforged. Is Blood of Vol adding something to this build?

Kimbere

That's not the point. You should correct the build you posted.
The point is, there's no correct/incorrect choice for that feat.

I explicitly said the posted build was intended to use handwraps. Sacred Fists get handwraps as a favored weapon by default at level 1. The FvS deity feat is irrelevant beyond flavor/personal preference.

Want to also use daggers as favored weapons? Take Vol. Want to use quarterstaves? Take Aureon. Want shortswords? Take Vulkoor. Makes no difference to the build if you're using handwraps.

To avoid further pedantry though, I updated the build.

unbongwah

You get access to One with the blade with 5 levels of fighter. Why 8 levels?
Fighter 6 gets you Strike with No Thought (+1 crit multiplier). Important because this build doesn't get Holy Sword (unless your plan is Sacred Fist 14 / fighter 5); and the Sacred Fist tree has no crit bonuses besides Violence Begets Violence (which is blocked by tier-5 Kensei on this build).

Fighter 8 lets you take Greater Weapon Focus which is required for the last two Kensei Weapon Specialization + Mastery enhancements, which is also where Kensei's Competence bonus to HPs is. Although Sacred Fist has the option of taking Sacred Defender's Tenacious Defense instead due to Divine Dream ("while centered, you qualify for the bonuses from the Greater Sacred Defense enhancements").

However fighter 8 / Sacred Fist 12 doesn't get Divine Might, so if you want that (by splashing cleric or Favored Soul), you need to give up either fighter 8 or Sacred Fist 12 (losing level 12 core enhancement and a level 3 spell slot).