Shadow Dancer Epic Destiny: Rebalanced from Unbalanced Melee/Range

VinoeWhines

Don't get me started on Shadow Dancer Epic Destiny:

Why did you take away Shadow Manipulation and give it to a Range Tree in Shiradi as Beguile Charm(as if they needed it as a safer Ranged toon) Rogues and stealth melees needed it to enter into touch range melee styles, which is a very dangerous type of combat, compared to 20 feet away Casters and Range characters.

Why did we loose Consume as a Stealth(Rogue player here) and give it to Casters(even Artificers?) in a better form as (AOE instakill Mass Phantasmal Killer)Weird("WITH" a ONE MINUTE COOLDOWN!) in our own Tree? That really sucks devs; almost every other Tree has Mass Frog, Everything Is Nothing, Cut the Strings, etc... and Shadow Dancer gets absolutely nothing, when it had "Somethings" before?
We had Executioner Shot/Strike(only a 30% chance, which was a very weak chance) to take out a mob(now Rangers DH get an Assassinate), While Casters get: Slay Living, Finger of Death, Power Word Kill, Frog, Mass Frog, Phantasmal Killer, etc on SECONDS(<60) for cooldowns.

Even Dire Charge is nice, why wasn't Shadow Dancer given a way to create an AOE CC like Dire Charge? Even Greater Master of Flowers, Fury, Divine Crusaders ALL have, AOE stuns?

The fact we have to choose Meld as a choice between a Epic Strike and Survivability is bad as it use to be able to be TOGETHER!
You could of just lowered the (%)Dodge Chance like you did; but keep it separate from the Epic Strike as it has nothing to do with dealing Damage - but "survivability" as a squishy class.

What in Dungeon Realms is Wand and Scroll Mastery doing in Shadow Dancers tree? It was promised to be a multiplier to Heroic Trees Wand and Scroll Mastery but it isn't(It was Suppose to Stack per your pre-notes) and is a waste of points in that Tree.

It should of been this which would of kept as is BUT added a real positive benefit for Trapmakers:

Sleight of Hand:
Passive: +2/4/6 UMD. +25/50/75% (Stacking)damage and healing of your wands, scrolls and other items that cast spells. Adds +1/2/3 to the save DC's of your offensive wands.
Active: 1/2/3 points
Sleight of Hand: Traps and Vial Mastery: You can make Noisemaker Traps or Noisemaker throwing Vials(on exploding they stick to door/wall and make ticking sound), with the ability to place(traps) or throw(Vials) in stealth.
Active:
(Tier 1): If you have the Trapmaking Feat, you can now add your Sneak Attack Dice and Damage to Traps and Veils.
(Tier 2): You can use the higher of Melee or Range Power to Traps and Veils you Throw.
(Tier 3):You can inscribe scrolls as Traps and Alchemical Recipes as Vials.

Suggestions: maybe have specific Alchemical Vials like Mass Suggestion/Confusion, Turn to Frog/Bat, a real Tanglefoot a la "Sharn exploding goo"(with DC: Reflex (DC 20 + Rogue Level + Stat Modifier + Assassinate Bonus)
and Shadow-Thunderstone: Alchemical Vial Trap Attack: 1d6+2 Force an damage per character level and dazes in an area. Fort DC (12/16/20 + Rogue Level + Stat Modifier + Assassinate Bonus).

Anyway you cut it, Melee and as a Rogue(less old Shadow Dancer) is almost extinct and a heavy burden to play, as seen as a very unforgiving playstyle and tedious then ever before. Especially in Reapers getting one shotted now.

The Epic Destiny, Epic Moment puts you in Harms way of HAVING to get swung at and Missed!(You basically become a swinging Pinata target) in order for the Epic Moment to work defensively, so you either turn into a soulstone or you wait another 5 minutes to get extra Sneak attack dice.

Please move the Force Caster side of Shadow Dancer to Manus of the Eclipse, where it is more thematically relevant there, as an additional damage type (Force Damage option) to it's already Cold Damage, Negative Damage slim options and synergizes better with it going up the Tree as relevant Caster type options.

Shadow Dancer has to waste useful spots in it's own Tree that does absolutely nothing to it's Melee/Range option, when it has to share with a Caster DC's and other Spell choices, that are completely overlooked at in that spot for Rogue/Stealth players.

Example in Tree:

Core 4: Cut to the Soul: When you cast the spell Trap the Soul, it automatically applies 3 stacks of the Darkness debuff even if the enemy survives the spell.
(Maybe put in instead: "Gain an AOE sap or stun ability.")

Tier 1 (Requires Character Level 20):
Well of Darkness: +30/60/100 Spell Points, Rank 3: +5 Force/Universal Spell Power
(Put back Tumble through enemies , like it use to be before. Adding in a Stun effect) Could also build/add instead: Create Traps. DC's based off Disable Device score 65%/80%/100% of your Disable Device Skill(Improved Traps Enhancement)

Tier 3 (Requires Character Level 23, 10 points spent in tree)
Shadowdancer Spell Focus: Multiselector:
Shadowdancer Spell Focus Abjuration +1/2/3 Abjuration DCs
Shadowdancer Spell Focus Enchantment +1/2/3 Enchantment DCs
Shadowdancer Spell Focus Illusion +1/2/3 Illusion DCs
Shadowdancer Spell Focus Necromancy +1/2/3 Necromancy DCs
(This should be where Meld into Darkness can be separated and "add" things like Stun, Sap, higher % of the Dodge cap)
Add this instead -
(Passive)Meld into Darkness: Grants you 10% uncapped dodge when attacking or tumbling. Can Tumble through enemies.(GMoF kept it in their Tree.)
Shadowdancer Focus: Multiselector:
Defensive: Add 5/10/15 PRR
Offensive: Your next melee/Range attacks deals +25/50/75% damage.
Crowd Control: Improve Deception(When attacking an enemy cause it to believe it got attacked by another enemy or cower based off of your Bluff score)

Tier 4:
Improved Meld: put another 5% more uncapped Dodge in Meld bringing it up to 15% Dodge.
Improved Depths of Darkness: Your Shadowdancer Destiny Mantle gain a stacking 10% Incorporeality and 15% Concealment.

Tier 5 (Requires Character Level 30, 30 points spent in the tree)
Greater Shadowdancer Spell Focus: +1/2/3 Spell DCs
Put back Consume or a similar ability like Cut the Strings.(It has a 60 second cooldown)

Side Note:
Tier I's "Stealthy" included "Assassinate" TOGETHER before and now it's split up?
+1/2/3 Reflex Saves, +2/4/6 Hide and Move Silently. Rank 3: Gain the Hide in Plain Sight feat. +2/4/6 to your Assassinate DCs.(they were together before)

This would open up a spot in Tier one to put down "Dance in the Dark": +1/2/3 Sneak Attack Dice
That way you can put back in Tier II "Shadow Manipulation"(Dominate ability with the Slay Living effect at end);
just like Shiradi Champion has "Beguile Charm" in it's Tier II.
(Though as a melee character, Shadow Manipulation should be more useful for melees being at a disadvantage than range characters.)

VinoeWhines

You can also put back in Tier 4
Improve Epic Strike:
(Active) Executioner Strike/Shot (like Vistani you get a melee and ranged ability)

Executioner's Strike/Shot: Active Ability: (Cooldown: 12 seconds) Melee or ranged attack. Perform an attack with +[1/2/3][W] damage, +1 critical threat range and +1 critical damage multiplier. On hit: You have a 35/55/75% chance to kill a target instantly if the target fails a Fortitude save (DC 10 + character level + Stat modifier + Assassination bonuses). Even on successful save target takes an additional [50/75/100] damage from this attack.

Bjond

IMHO, all the EDs need some major rebalancing, mostly around the epic strikes.

Melee & Ranged Epic Strikes need to match Adrenaline or Hunt's End for burst and utility; ie. SD & US need upgrades.
DC needs a real strike and consecration should be an SLA in the tree, not an epic strike.
LD needs a real strike and Dire Charge should be an ability in the tree, not a strike.
Spell'ish trees all need AE strike options that match DB in DPS. IIRC, Carrion comes in about 2/3 of DB and the rest are worse.

SD stands out as the only tree without a mantle. OK, not really, but it's Mantle is utterly pointless because of reaper's nerf to concealment. A tree without a mantle is a bad thing.

The problem we have is that there's usually one very obvious stand-out choice for strikes and mantles. There should be more of a conundrum.

VinoeWhines

They really need to move the Caster side of Shadow Dancer to Magnus of the Eclipse OR allow ALL melees to access ALL of Shadow Dancer and not just the Casters/Artificer in a tree that was used by Rogues/Stealth players from its inception.

You invite a friend to stay over and the "Parents" give the friend, the keys to the house and the key to the Porsha in the garage(you don't even have the emergency key).

VinoeWhines

How does a Rogue/Stealth player not have access to it's own Tier 5 abilities in IT'S OWN TREE and yet can waddle over to any other Tree's tier 4/5 and get Ruin Intensified (Ruin or Greater Ruin), and every other Tier 5 ability from every other tree?

VinoeWhines

Looking into it further, it's not coincidental, there was a conscious effort for exclusion.
1. Remove Tumble through enemies. Grand Master of Flowers kept theirs.
2. Split Stealthy into 2 wasteful abilities, when Assassinate modifiers were built into it before.
3. Removal of Shadow Manipulation but give it to a Range tree in Beguile Charm character that ranges from a safe distance(they never had it/don't need it), when it was needed/and used by stealth/melee characters to help draw aggro away, since they are in death melee range of getting taken out.
4. Executioner Shot/Strike, a very useful ability as a secondary option when going on the offensive.(C'mon it was a 35% chance from original tree)
5. Consume, (oh we changed it to an ability called "Weird" but you can't use it) it was another defensive choice as a counter strike once you were targeted by mobs, to give you a chance to survive a mob encounter, especially with the broken aggro in Reaper difficulty.

We got Wand and Scroll Mastery plain flavor.(a character level 1 or 2 "Heroic" Enhancement)

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
@VinoeWhines
While I never got to try EDs before U51, I am of the opinion they were too gutted (to a point where I am going to leave if Vecna Unleashed doesn't interest me). That aside, I agree with all the stuff you've said, from having tried using Shadow Dancer a couple of times. The ED feels like a mess to me.

Case in point on the wand/scroll mastery ED enhancement - WHY? This doesn't really do much to help with the problems with wands & scrolls. Like you said, it feels like only plain flavor or at worst, a trap to get people to waste time trying it out.

@Bjond
I agree with you on the things you have said as well. I could live with what they did post U51, but so much of it right now feels too restrictive and/or too "obvious". I am also not saying I want the old twist system back either, but this... It just doesn't feel right.

Maze

Yeah...they did rogues dirty with what they did to SD. I wasn't happy at all when they changes came around

VinoeWhines

@VinoeWhines
While I never got to try EDs before U51, I am of the opinion they were too gutted (to a point where I am going to leave if Vecna Unleashed doesn't interest me). That aside, I agree with all the stuff you've said, from having tried using Shadow Dancer a couple of times. The ED feels like a mess to me.

Case in point on the wand/scroll mastery ED enhancement - WHY? This doesn't really do much to help with the problems with wands & scrolls. Like you said, it feels like only plain flavor or at worst, a trap to get people to waste time trying it out.

@Bjond
I agree with you on the things you have said as well. I could live with what they did post U51, but so much of it right now feels too restrictive and/or too "obvious". I am also not saying I want the old twist system back either, but this... It just doesn't feel right.
I can give you a quick play by play of what the the Old Epic Destiny for Shadow Dancer was like with the twists:

Shadow Manipulation:
When entering a Room with several mobs/Reapers, you were able to get a mob or reaper to draw aggro to allow to enter stealthfully and use your Sneak Attack dice for damage on mobs focusing on your(Dominated) pet to be able to strategically go after the first mob that needed to be dispatched that would cause the most problems.
Guess who gets that ability now? Shiradi Champion(Beguile Charm) a Range tree that is not worried or benefits to the same extent as a sneak attack dice melee(more dangerous playstyle) character.

Pass through enemies on Tumble:
Very important ability when you were surrounded by mobs and couldn't move left/right/back or forth to get out of harms way.
Guess who still has that ability now? Greater Master of Flowers, that's great and glad they didn't loose it, so why did Shadow Dancer loose it again?

Executioner Strike/Shot:
Ability to take out and kill a mob, at only 35% chance of it landing. Not very consistent but when it landed was extremely helpful if you built up the DC's for it.
No reason to remove it from tree at all, it was at a Tier where it couldn't be twisted in at all.(twist were only allowed for tiers 4 and down on a tier 6 tree, so tiers 5 and 6 weren't twistable or "able to add to your Destiny Tree as a twist")

Consume:
Whenever you were spotted and started to get a group of mobs to chase after you, you could use Consume(implosion) to try and escape getting ambushed and gave you a chance to reduce the amount of mobs you had to deal with that falsely aggro'd on you.(Remember Stealth in Reaper is very broken, still to some degree)
Guess who gets that ability now but somewhat better and controlled(and only 1 minute cooldown) because you can point to a particular crowd to initiate? Fatesinger in Cut the Strings, you get to CC a group of mobs and one shot(assassinate) them per hit and they dance prone there and not attack you.

Shadow Dancer gets a nice ability in Weird, but wait you can't choose it.
I can go(as a Rogue) and choose Mass Frog, Cut the Strings, Dire Charge, Improved Greater Ruin, Everything is Nothing(congrats monk on not loosing it)

Meld into Nothing:
95% Dodge( was high but a long cooldown)
It was not an Epic Strike at all but a defensive ability, that should of been just lowered to maybe a stacking 35% Dodge every 30 seconds cooldown.

Dark Imbuement:
Was a top tier choice for you to take if you wanted that would increase your swing(melee) to a Great Cleave distance in a way, to attack from a safer distance and your Range attack had a chance of proccing an large radius AOE damage to an area.(range part is gone)

These are the possible Twists:
Twists from Shiradi in Double Rainbow(can do on live still)
Twists from Shiradi in Otto's Whistler or Pin(can do on live still)
Twists from Fatesinger to Mesmerize Reapers or mobs from a range distance for 10 seconds and tick -2 CON damage every two seconds in Sirens Song is gone.
Twists from Primal Avatar in Cocoon(can do on live still)

Last edited:

Nemodus

I just came back to the game after a couple of years and HEY! What happened to my shadowform? *** happened to everything I was doing? Damn, it's such a shame it came to the state it is. I had so much fun building my rogue to what it was and the devs just said "nah, screw you".

Thanks for explaining everything that happened and for letting me know I'm not the only one who is really disappointed. I'll find some other game to fall in love with (and put actual money in). DDO is done.

EinarMal

Agree would love the caster stuff like Weird moved to Magus, and then make this a better rogue melee tree.

Weird by the way is a standard level 9 arcane spell, should be in the arcane spell list as well.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

IMHO, all the EDs need some major rebalancing, mostly around the epic strikes.

Melee & Ranged Epic Strikes need to match Adrenaline or Hunt's End for burst and utility; ie. SD & US need upgrades.
DC needs a real strike and consecration should be an SLA in the tree, not an epic strike.
LD needs a real strike and Dire Charge should be an ability in the tree, not a strike.
Spell'ish trees all need AE strike options that match DB in DPS. IIRC, Carrion comes in about 2/3 of DB and the rest are worse.

SD stands out as the only tree without a mantle. OK, not really, but it's Mantle is utterly pointless because of reaper's nerf to concealment. A tree without a mantle is a bad thing.

The problem we have is that there's usually one very obvious stand-out choice for strikes and mantles. There should be more of a conundrum.
Respectfully, I disagree with some of this...

The last thing I want to see in the game as it stands is even more power handed to non-melees. One of the few things I liked about the new EDs was adrenaline no longer working on ranged. If anything I want to see melee compensated with more damage than present to close the balance gap for the comparative safety non melee enjoy. I have both epic strikes from Fury and LD. The fact I can't use both at the same time means making situational tactical choices, which for me adds to the fun, though YMMV.

I also disagree with the notion of the SD mantle being useless because of reaper impact. IMO the SD mantle is the only thing that actually makes concealment half way useful in high reaper content due to its stacking with displacement, etc. It is a strategic choice to pick it over more damage dealing mantles such as LDs (and remember damage dealing is also impacted in higher reaper), but it's not fair to call it pointless.

VinoeWhines

Shadow Dancer is a shell of what it was. And I understand some here are trying it out as a splash or revisiting an Epic Destiny they never had as a main Destiny. For those of us who used this as their main Destiny for what it was and spent time messaging it out to be a great Epic Destiny are seeing how the interesting concept of bringing Caster abilities to the Tree was going to be very intriguing, it end up being a Tree that blocks out classes from using the Caster side of it. A Rogue/Stealth player can go to any Tree and get Mass Frog, Ruin Intensified, Cut the Strings, and all other Caster abilities BUT CAN'T EVEN GET IT'S OWN ABILITIES FROM IT'S OWN TREE!
Move Caster part to Magus, since again MAGUS means MAGICIAN, and illusion Caster(Weird) is a Magus(Magush) using illusion and Force and Magus of the Eclipse, even by name indicts it as such.
Therefore Shadow Dancer could be close to what it was. Here is a sample a few of us put on another thread: -----

The feed back is much appreciated as this Epic Destiny is still not near where it should be and Weird being Off Limits when All other Abilities in each tree can be chosen with no class requirements is ridiculous.

I still propose to move the Caster part of Shadow Dancer to Magus of the Eclipse as even the name implies Magician of the Eclipse which is an Illusionist at heart. Take it to it's Home in Magus of the Eclipse.
This will open up Shadow Dancer to make it a Tree for Stealthy, Sneak Dice and Evasive/Incorporeal/Dodge type players.

Shadowdancer

Core 1 (level 20): Shadow Training: You gain the Quick Draw feat if you didn't have it already. Each core ability including this one grants +5 Melee Power and +4 Ranged Power, +1 Sneak Attack Dice, 3% Dodge/Dodge Cap, +1 Epic DC, 5 Sneak Attack Damage and 10 Heal Amp on Sneak Attack stacking 5 times and last for 12 seconds.
Core 3 (level 23): Step Through Shadow: Dimension Door SLA. Cooldown of 2 minutes. You also gain the ability to tumble through enemies.

Core 6 (level 26): The Darkest Luck: You have Evasion, normal Evasion rules apply. If you have Evasion already, you gain Improved Evasion. If you have Improved Evasion already, you no longer fail Reflex Saves automatically by rolling a 1 and are immune to glancing blows.

Core 12 (level 32): Cut to the Soul: +3% dodge bypass, +3% fortification bypass, +3% damage versus the helpless. When you blind an enemy, it automatically applies 3 stacks of the Darkness debuff even if the enemy avoids the Attack. This effect also applies on Sneak Attacks. Darkness debuff: You are vulnerable to Sneak Attacks. -3 Spell Resistance, -3 PRR and -3 MRR per stack. Lasts 12 seconds, stacks drop 1 at a time. Max 5 stacks and if you have Bring the Darkness this increases to a max of 10 stacks.

Tier 1 (req level 20):

• Stealthy: +1/2/3 Reflex Saves, +1/2/3 bonus to sneak attack damage, +2/4/6 Assassinate DCs, Hide and Move Silently. Rank 3: Gain the Hide in Plain Sight feat.
  • Cover of Darkness: +10/20/30% less threat from all sources. Rank 3: Gain a permanent benefit of Nightshield.
  • Well of Darkness: +60/90/120 Unconscious Range while stealthed. Last for 15 seconds out of stealthed.
  • Assassinate Proficiency: Your Assassinate gains Strikethrough%.
  • Technician: +2/4/6 to Search, Spot, Disable Device, Open Lock. Rank 3: If you have the Nimble Fingers feat, +3 Sneak Attack dice.
Tier 2 (req level 20):

• Sleight of Hand: Stacking+2/4/6 UMD. +25/50/75% damage and healing of your wands, scrolls and other items that cast spells. Adds +1/2/3 to the save DC's of your offensive wands and +1/2/3 to Trap DCs. Your Traps and Vials gain Sneak Attack Dice to their Damage if you have the Trapmaking feat and scale with Melee or Range Power whichever is higher. You gain the Distract ability. Distract: Your familiar appears at a targeted location, acting as a distraction and attracting attention of monsters who may be searching for you in the area.
  • Dance in the Dark: +1/2/3 Sneak Attack Dice and +1/2/3 dodge and dodge cap. 5/10/15% stacking Displacement.
  • Shadowform: Shadowdancer Destiny Mantle. Grants +15% Quality bonus to movement speed, 25% Quality bonus to Sneak Speed, 15% Quality bonus to Attack Speed, and grants ghost touch on all attacks.
  • Lithe: +2/4/6 reflex saves, AC and light armor Max Dex Bonus. 10/15/20 PRR for Cloth or Robes. Rank 3: +50 Unconscious Range.
  • Multiselector: (Epic Strike)
    • Shadowstrike (melee): Epic Strike: +5[W], +3 Critical Threat Range and Critical Damage Multiplier. Enemy must make a Fortitude save vs (20 + highest ability score + assassinate) or be cursed with Shadow Loss. Cooldown: 15 seconds.
    • Shadowstrike (ranged): Epic Strike: +5[W], +3 Critical Threat Range and Critical Damage Multiplier. Enemy must make a Fortitude save vs (20 + highest ability score + assassinate) or be cursed with Shadow Loss. Cooldown: 15 seconds.
    • Shadow Loss: You no longer cast a shadow. In addition, you have -5 PRR, MRR. Stacks 3 times.
Tier 3 (req level 23):

• Grim Precision: +10/20/30 Strikethrough on Sneak Attacks, and you bypass 5/10/15% enemy Fortification.
  • ShadowMaster: Multiselector:
    • MeldMaster: Killing an enemy grants you 20% Uncapped Dodge and 10% Uncapped Incorporeal for 10 seconds. -10% Cooldowns to Tactical abilities. Your critical hits blind monsters with no save for 5 seconds. Immunity to Energy Drain.
    • Shadowstriker: +10% Doublestrike and Doubleshot. Your critical hits blind monsters with no save for 5 seconds. Immunity to Energy Drain. -10% Cooldowns to Tactical abilities.
  • Depths of Darkness: While in your Shadowdancer Destiny Mantle, you gain 35% Incorporeality, 35% Concealment and 10% dodge and dodge cap.
  • Shadowdancer Focus: Multiselector:
    • +1/2/3% Dodge bypass.
    • +1/2/3 Sneak Attack Dice.
    • +1/2/3 Assassinate DCs.
    • +1/2/3 Imbuement Dice.
  • Epic Strike Upgrade: Dark Imbuement: Your Epic Strike now imbues your weapons attacks with the Slay Living effect on Vorpal (DC20 + highest Ability mod + Assassination bonuses) Your weapons are Imbued with Evil energies for 10s: You deal 1d6 per Sneak Attack Dice in Untyped damage on hit (scaling with Melee or Ranged Power whichever is higher.)
Tier 4 (req level 26):

• Pierce the Gloom: +2/4/6 Accuracy, to-hit with Sneak Attacks, to-hit while flanking. Rank 3: You gain immunity to Silence, Quell, Blindness and gain -3 Enemy Dodge bypass.
  • From the Shadows: You dissolve into shadows, passing though enemies, before appearing some distance in front of you (No longer requires stealth to use) . This grants you the buffs from your Shadowdancer Epic Strike if you have them trained. Cooldown: 20 seconds. If stealthed while in use, you Stun enemies for 5 seconds as you pass by their Shadows.
  • Dark Mercy: Your Shadowdancer Destiny Mantle now grants you +5/10/15% Helplessness damage and your sneak attack dice of vampirism on critical hit.
  • Bring Darkness: When you roll a natural 20 on a melee or ranged attack, you envelop the target in shadow, applying the Darkness debuff. If you have the feat First Blood, the trigger of First Blood now also applies to every successful Sneak Attack Hit and debuffs any enemy casted buffs for 5 seconds, and First Blood no longer has an HP requirement to take effect. Darkness: The target is no longer immune to Sneak Attacks. -10 Physical Resistance Rating and -10 Magical Resistance Rating per stack. Lasts 12 seconds, stacks drop 1 at a time. Max 5 stacks.
  • Epic Strike Upgrade II: Multiselector:
    • Reaching Imbuement: Dark Imbuement now increases your melee range.
    • Shadowed Imbuement: Dark Imbuement now grants 15% doubleshot.
    • Blind Imbuement: Dark Imbuement blinds enemies on Critical Hits for 10 seconds. DC20 + highest of mod + Assassination bonus.
Tier 5 (req level 30):

• Shadow Consumption: You create a destructive resonance field around yourself that lasts 10 seconds(Implosion). Every 2 seconds, the aura causes one nearby corporeal enemy to collapse in upon themselves and die, with a DC20 + highest mod + Assassination bonuses to prevent the death. Cooldown: 60 seconds.
  • Just a Taste: +1 multiplier on an attack roll of 19-20 with bows, thrown weapons, crossbows, quarterstaves, and finessable melee weapons. This bonus doubles if you are using a Shadowblade or Elemental Blade (Conjured Shadowblades, Flameblades, Thornblades and the Dryad and the Demigod Raid Weapons.)
  • Greater Shadowform: You also gain +10 Sneak Attack Damage. While in your Shadowdancer Destiny Mantle, you float as if you had Feather Fall, gain +20 Hide and Move Silently, and no longer trigger Tremor Sense and pressure plate or bear traps. (Note: As a result of the floating, you are also immune to Trip and Knockdown effects.)
  • Greater Shadowdancer Focus: Multiselector:
  • +1/2/3 Sneak Attack Dice
  • +1/2/3 to Assassination DCs
  • +1/2/3 to Imbue Dice
  • Meld Into Darkness: Epic Moment: Dissolve into a whorl of shadow, leaving your corporeal form behind. While in this form, you are considered Sneaking and Invisible regardless of what you do. You gain Legendary Vorpal. You also gain 12d6 Sneak Attack Dice, 50% to Incorporeal and Dodge and Dodge Cap, your Epic Strike gain Mortal Fear. Duration: 30 seconds. Cooldown: 5 minutes.
Legendary Vorpal. If your target has fewer than 5000 hit points, it is instantly slain.
Mortal Fear: On Hit: 8 to 64 Force Damage. In addition, 5% chance to cut non-boss foe's current health in half.

This would not bring Shadow Dancer to what it was before but it would at least make it more conducive to being a viable Tier 4 and 5 Epic Destiny for it's intended classes.

VinoeWhines

Visage of Terror:
  • Terrorize up to six enemies, killing them with fear if they fail a Will save vs. 10 + Constitution modifier + half barbarian level.
    • Enemies who make their saving throw are paralyzed with Fear for six second instead.
    • Doesn't affect bosses or monsters immune to fear or paralysis.
This is a nice boiler point for having this as a Weird option for Shadow Dancer Tree:

Shadows of Terror:
  • Terrorize up to six enemies, killing them with fear of their own Shadows if they fail a Will save vs. 20 + Highest Stat modifier + Assassinate bonus.
    • Enemies who make their saving throw are confused with Uncertainty and Attack one another for twelve second instead.
    • Doesn't affect bosses or monsters immune to sneak attack.
    Enemies who make their saving throw are stunned with Uncertainty for six second instead.
  • Cooldown 60 seconds.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Visage of Terror:
  • Terrorize up to six enemies, killing them with fear if they fail a Will save vs. 10 + Constitution modifier + half barbarian level.
    • Enemies who make their saving throw are paralyzed with Fear for six second instead.
    • Doesn't affect bosses or monsters immune to fear or paralysis.
This is a nice boiler point for having this as a Weird option for Shadow Dancer Tree:

Shadows of Terror:
  • Terrorize up to six enemies, killing them with fear of their own Shadows if they fail a Will save vs. 20 + Highest Stat modifier + Assassinate bonus.
    • Enemies who make their saving throw are confused with Uncertainty and Attack one another for twelve second instead.
    Enemies who make their saving throw are stunned with Uncertainty for six second instead.
  • Cooldown 60 seconds.
/Not signed. The barb enhancement is a pretty unique and flavourful capstone. It should be left as that IMO. 👍

VinoeWhines

/Not signed. The barb enhancement is a pretty unique and flavourful capstone. It should be left as that IMO. 👍

Sneakywink brought up this as an option for Weird, The barb enhancement is similar to EIN in that it's a Mass AOE instakill with a flavor of Daunting-Roar's Fear but he was just suggesting something to replace Weird and I echoed it, wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes but the thing with Epic Destinies is it dips into other abilities to slot in from classes, like the new Arti Rune Arm use with the Epic Destiny, but I do understand where your coming from. Look at just Dark Hunter, they get an Assassinate ability that was supposed to be exclusive to Rogue per the devs and now they get separate Assassinate DCs in tree like Falconry tree where Assassins don't have that, better use of traps by being able to throw bear traps and smoke bombs again which Rogues can't do either and benefit from Primal bonus to Search and Disable Device skill bonus equal to your number of Wilderness Lore feats that Rogues can't benefit from.

Though Shadow Dancer did have Implosion SLA before called Consume and Shadow Manipulation which was Dominate SLA with an Slay Living ending if failed save, these two alone where very helpful in stealth and managing aggro.

I use to be able to twist Daunting Roar as an ability before, though it had DC's that 30% of the time they saved from.

Sirens Song was great to Dance Reapers for a few seconds as well.

Pin or Otto's Whistler was twisted on occasion as well as Double Rainbow.

Now Shadow Dancer Epic Destiny is a shell of itself having to deal with an illusion caster in the Tree that should be in Magus(Magician = illusionist) of the Eclipse.