Sharing Build: The Holy Lawnmoer, a charisma-based SWF (with no real gear)

Drachmor

Hey guys! This is my first build I've ever really made from scratch so go easy on me! Constructive criticism and ideas very much welcome of course. The main idea is 12 monk, 7 sacred fist, 1 fvs for a charisma-based SWF dagger that'll have great single-target and aoe dps and decent survivability. With found gear and relatively few past lives / reaper points, I can solo around R6 with some thought. In a group with really responsive heals, I had a wonderful time pugging the Sharn saga on R8.

I do want to say right off the bat that this build was all possible due to Maetrim's DDOBuilder, which made the process of bold experimentation and rapid adjustments really fun. The tool allowed me to build a character that from start to finish has really felt like "my own." And good golly, it has actually been FUN, fast, and strong all throughout the leveling process!

Here's a paste of my current character bio, in-game, cuz a couple people have been commenting about it and I think it would be cool to normalize build summaries in our bios!

----
Current build I call the Holy Lawnmoer. Heheh. It's been really fast and fun all life, the main premise is you get cha to hit and damage (and saves... and AC) from Sacred Fist, FVS for the cha trance cuz u need that, and monk cuz monks are cool.

Take SWF feats (I do go offhand versatility), centered with daggers from VKF. I take core and T5s from Vistani, rest into SF for cool imbue + favored weapon + smite stuff, and 2 cores of henshin (plus can pick up shintao or FVS cores for an easy +10 hamp each).

Running in DC mantle because you need max BAB for max swingspeed (hence the lawnmower <3). Plus T5s in DC give me extra damage and perma-crusade with smite spam. Epic strike from GMoF is awesome, and pick up whatever saves / defenses you can. Goldcursed is definitely icing on the cake. Et voila!
----

I failed to mention the obvious, but with monk you do get the extra crit multi on 19-20 in sun stance (as well as extra damage in GMoF), improved evasion, plus you just look cool.

You end up with an easy dodge cap, actually pretty kick-ass saves, and with some effort, decent PRR and AC. My numbers are way down, I'm sure, but I stand to gain about 60 more AC easy from epic past lives alone. Point is: you can actually take a hit or two in high reapers, and that's about all you need. Plus with GMoF's epic strike (and goldcursed! wow it's been great on low legendaries), your CC is actually quite good.

I'm a half elf cuz they're cool (can't wait for PDK models to not be bulky. or at least like. cool bulky? like strong?), plus your second dance animation (cheerleading) kinda looks like pompoms with the Sacred Fist glow heheh. Definitely has that cool factor, and with Spring Attack + Abundant step + monk speed + SF speed, you'll be screaming along. Toggle GMoF mantle and use your phiarlan pendant of time for a standing 196% movement speed in public lol, just 4% shy of actual mount speed. The build also has two whirlwinds and an animation cancel with the boosted aoe smite, so overall it's just really fun to pilot.

Feats I actually am pretty happy with, though definitely open to suggestions. Enhancements are also pretty tight, so barring a different class split they are probably right about where they should be. I will say that it's unfortunate Sacred Fist doesn't get the charisma stance that regular paladin's do - they should fix that lol, but maybe that's me being greedy. Also, I just know I can squeeze an extra crit range or multi in the build somewhere, but I think that might end up being a rogue build, which is too different. Could easily easily go dex-based, and even consider the dex trance in Horizon Walker. Basically I'm longing for the ability to take 1 level of warlock for the 20 melee power, and also to officially be the most over-the-top looking character in the Marketplace hahaha. But I'd have to sacrifice quite a bit about what makes this build great.

----

Feat / leveling order: trying to upload an image but struggling lol.
Basically:

1-6, go Sacred Fist and pick up swf, child of faith, and iswf. For enhancements, grab whirlwind when you can, but invest in Vistani first for centering with daggers and haste boost.

7 take FVS for trance.

Then you just take 12 or 13 levels of monk (13 gives you spell resistance which is cool, I just went 7 SF cuz it bumps u up to an even religious lore number for the T5 in DC, plus raises your saves cap from charisma due to being a pally, increases smite damage, etc. Definitely don't need another level of FVS tho.)

Can take precision, dodge, mobility next. Improved Critical asap ofc (lvl 12 with this setup). Spring attack next level at 13 (wish we could take these earlier, taking advantage of monk's martial arts feats, though it's currently a bit bugged).

GSWF at 15, then whirlwind for more aoe goodness. Really it is nice to rush into a group of mobs, epic strike aoe, hit rapid slash for 20% dagger doublestrike, then smite (aoe) for extra melee power, and two whirlwinds. It's a lotta aoe which means a lot of nice CC with goldcursed.

In epics, overwhelming crit, PSWF, offhand versatility, crush weakness. I go blinding speed cuz I don't feel like keeping up haste lol but really should pick up some extra defenses if you can. Sometimes convenience is just more pleasant for a build / better for action economy. Embodiment of law with the DC T5 is kinda cool though I'm not sure if it's good, and I just took Arborea and elusive target. Definitely open to suggestions if you think there's more damage / survivability to be had (kind of in that order).

----

Enhancements are simple: 42 vistani for cores and T5s (even tho Vendetta is bugged and should really be a passive ability... also Vistani fortune should be a passive you have to select or something). 29 Sacred Fist make sure to get all the smite stuff, whirlwind, movespeed, can pick up cha, cores for saves and imbues, extra prr at the top, favored weapon stuff. Invest some into FVS for the trance, pick up some henshin cores if you please.

Definitely there are better ways to utilize racial ap, I just have none lol.

----

For gear I just have family set, adherents, goldcursed. I do have Titania's helmet for smiting stuff, and a couple rando filigree on my weapon atm (will build to prowess I guess, and dreadbringer as I acquire more slots). I also FINALLY FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER AHHHHH got red dragonscale!!! So, that'll be worked in eventually. Gear is where I'm lost. With what I have I got about 250 standing melee power, +150 attack and damage, which I know isn't too bad (the melee power is super lacking, but yeah, I do seem to land hits)

----

That's all I can really think of atm, lmk if you have any questions! You should craft a double-augmented ML4 dagger to get hella d6s for lots of damage in early heroics - this outpaces crit-range daggers at low levels. Then barovian's is fine, honestly just barovian + syranian is fine until 21 where you do want drow weapon master for crits. For damage at cap, lots of good daggers. I want keeper of the crimson covenant, but honestly just using Suffering for the -to prr, or whatever you have on-hand, will do for low mid reapers. You really do want goldcursed at cap though, it's a super easy farm and very fun to use at least in mid reapers.

From 10 to 29 I wore heroic Ravenloft + Fens sets and was very happily and speedily murdering everything in my path, so for a melee this actually doesn't need that much gear to have an enjoyable leveling experience (especially with your saves). Ran some heroic content at R4 without much issue.

Lmk if you have any questions! I'm raiding rn but will probably edit this post a bit. Also any feedback about this post itself lol. Ik it's wordy.

Also yes, spelling of "Moer" in the title was a typo when I first started crafting this build, but I kinda like it cuz moer is an actual word that kinda makes sense? Yeah it has character it has character.

Last edited:

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
U can use almost the same gearset I use on my Vistani ROBOT build. With a bit of modification.

• Dread Stalker (+3 SA Dice/+15 MP and RP/+15% DS and DSh/+15% Dmg vs the Helpess) - Artifact bonus
  • Legendary Dread Isle's Curse (+15 Mp and RP/+25 Uni SP/+30 PRR/+2 Spell DC/+2 Ability Score/+3 to hit and Dmg) - Profane bonus
  • Mind and Matter (+30 PRR and MRR/+30 MRR cap) - Artifact bonus
  • Paragon Guard (+15% AC) - Artifact bonus
Filler item slots are boots/gloves
u can use Echoes of the Walking set instead of Dread Stalker if U need more Imbue Dice and can slot another Augment set instead of paragon guard too.

U can see my own gearset if U scroll down here: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?th...f-tank-a-melee-artificer-for-r8-questing.373/

Drachmor

U can use almost the same gearset I use on my Vistani ROBOT build. With a bit of modification.

• Dread Stalker (+3 SA Dice/+15 MP and RP/+15% DS and DSh/+15% Dmg vs the Helpess) - Artifact bonus
  • Legendary Dread Isle's Curse (+15 Mp and RP/+25 Uni SP/+30 PRR/+2 Spell DC/+2 Ability Score/+3 to hit and Dmg) - Profane bonus
  • Mind and Matter (+30 PRR and MRR/+30 MRR cap) - Artifact bonus
  • Paragon Guard (+15% AC) - Artifact bonus
Filler item slots are boots/gloves
u can use Echoes of the Walking set instead of Dread Stalker if U need more Imbue Dice and can slot another Augment set instead of paragon guard too.

U can see my own gearset if U scroll down here: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?th...f-tank-a-melee-artificer-for-r8-questing.373/
This is a really helpful place to start, thank you!

I did just pick up the Legendary Red Dragonscale Robe, and it's pretty kickass, so I know I'm going to need to work around it.

Anyway will definitely take a look!

Drachmor

OH I'VE SEEN THIS POST!! Dang your numbers are insane! Definitely gonna look really thoroughly

Edit: Haha it's cool to see you and I go for some similar things, I mean clearly yours quite a bit more successfully (that ehp is unreal compared to mine lmao. It's like. 20 times higher lol >.>). But this build of mine DID start with the intention to just be... a lil' more survivable than my last SWF? (Which was absolutely not built to survive R2). And be super FAST, I remember that was a big part of it as well, cuz I wanted to maybe level EPLs, so I had to go monk with all the fixings.

But I really just like your "visual bonus" section heheh. Cuz when you really work on a build I think it shapes up to be something visually unique as well. I certainly considered just having the monk animations as an important part of my build, also I did emphasize max swing speed (because holy lawnmower). And argh, I'm jelly you do get the warlock in there! Using intelligence w/ KTA is smart... I've considered dropping SF / cha of course, but... I notice my whole build begins to crumble when I actually try to make something "better" heheh :p

Which is telling. Admittedly telling! I'll have to figure out what my priorities really are, and what things I'm needlessly holding onto.

Last edited:

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
This is a really helpful place to start, thank you!

I did just pick up the Legendary Red Dragonscale Robe, and it's pretty kickass, so I know I'm going to need to work around it.

Anyway will definitely take a look!
My gearset doesnt include Ki generation so u need to fit it in somewhere. Trinket or bracers

Drachmor

My gearset doesnt include Ki generation so u need to fit it in somewhere. Trinket or bracers
Honestly in sun stance alone I really don't need it >.> which is astonishing but like. I posted recently about how devs should add something that lets you expend all of your ki in one huge burst, cuz I really sit around ki cap most of the time in-quest. I mean it's just exalted whirlwind, abundant step, GMoF epic strike... sounds like a lot but when you're hitting that fast, and aoe, it just zoops right up there.

But yeah ki gen is on so many things I'm sure I could work it in there. Also am I crazy or was there some sort of like... ki-generating augment...? Or something? Idk.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Another option if you look at on old forums the HolyStick build it can give you another POV gearwise