slayer pots run during quests now???

Nickodeamous

Ok, maybe I missed this , but I just noticed that slayer ports are counting down while in quests. The tool tip even says only pauses while in public area.

was this nerfed??? If so, holy moly...

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Mine is still pausing just fine. Maybe a lag spike while entering the quest caused it not pause for you?

Nickodeamous

Mine is still pausing just fine. Maybe a lag spike while entering the quest caused it not pause for you?
so, it was funny cause the tooltip didn't say pauses in a quest. If you look on the wiki, it clearly says "pauses while in quests". Mine ticked down 8 mins while in roll call. BUT, like you say, there was a few lag spikes and I needed to relog when I got a loading screen. This happened while entering roll call. So, maybe it just tripped up. just odd that the tool tip was missing this info. hmmm...I'll have to be on the lookout next time I play.

Jummby

Ok, maybe I missed this , but I just noticed that slayer ports are counting down while in quests. The tool tip even says only pauses while in public area.

was this nerfed??? If so, holy moly...
They run during load screens at times, log ins and changing instances. It's a slow time.shave that adds up.

My last TR, I started the life with 27 min on the pot. I started leveling right in the harbor and never went to a slayer zone. After all harbor quests I was at 25 min.

It's only 2 minutes but it adds up. I would imagine they plan it that way? If you can slowly kill the pot timers without people noticing, they can make sure we buy more I guess.

Vua

so, it was funny cause the tooltip didn't say pauses in a quest. If you look on the wiki, it clearly says "pauses while in quests". Mine ticked down 8 mins while in roll call. BUT, like you say, there was a few lag spikes and I needed to relog when I got a loading screen. This happened while entering roll call. So, maybe it just tripped up. just odd that the tool tip was missing this info. hmmm...I'll have to be on the lookout next time I play.
Whenever this has happened to me, my time gets added back after leaving the quest or entering a slayer zone. It seems to me the clock stops server side but continues to run client side so you see it running down. I'd suggest checking next time to see if you get the time back.

Sarge_USA

This is interesting I have seen a little bit of shaving off of my pots during and after running quests, I do not know by how much but I will be running a lot of slayer later today and will have to check this out.

TavernBrawler

My 50% XP pot ran down while I was logged off from the game couple of weeks back. Lynnabel said he will work on Tumble changes to compensate for that, because obviously Tumble is important than bugs affecting customers.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Normal slayer pots seem to count down while logging in, and possibly a little while zoning.

Minor slayers pots used to count down in quests in general, though... last time I tried one. Some years ago. Might possibly be fixed, who knows.