So When are we going to.....

Col Kurtz

lmao..I dont miss gold rolls daily ,unless im starting out in a fresh new reaper season.

Gold rolls fill your inventory with a pile of junk. They did help populate the servers with cool cosmetics and store grade horses.

Need a better idea than 'more gold rolls' to make vip benefits better. Something like the daily crates I saw in AOC maybe? Complete x number of dungeons for an xp and named item reward..lvl appropriate.

Fizban

10% run speed in public spaces
5% XP bonus
1% buddy bonus inside quests
Elite open on Hardcore

Thatā€™s it. Those are each nice but they arenā€™t ā€œmany other VIP benefitsā€ like you say.
You're leaving many things out. The ones off the top of my head are:
- Gold roll, weekly
- Extra bank space
- Elite opener on your main server (not just Hardcore)
- Ability to play any race
- Added content in updates are included at no additional cost
- Discounts on expansions
- 500 DDO points per month

Savage

Phoenicis' Wife
Say what you want about me, but thats all I get out of it!:devilish:
If you, like you say, are not getting:

- Extra bank space

you might need to submit a ticket.

popejubal

If you, like you say, are not getting:

- Extra bank space

you might need to submit a ticket.
Extra bank space and elite opener on my home server and ability to play any race and all content up through Vecna expansion minus two adventure packs are not coming from my VIP subscription because I already have all of that even without VIP.

VIP gets me
10% extra run speed in town (which I do like)
500 DDO points per month (which I can buy for considerably less than the VIP cost each year)
Elite opener on Hardcore (which I do like),
some extra XP (everybody likes extra XP)
one quest per saga skipped (which I like when itā€™s relevant - not Sharn or Ravenloft) and
up to $10 off Vecna.

I think that a single month of VIP is a no brainer to buy when someone is going to buy the biggest version of Vecna (if theyā€™re going to buy the biggest version of Vecna).

VIP subscribers actively lose the ability to buy content during sales.

VIP does offer some value. Thankfully I have enough money that throwing $10 into a game each month isnā€™t a big deal. It is disappointing when I look at what VIP used to offer in DDO compared to what it offers now. It is also disappointing when I see what other games are offering.

More than anything else, the fact that VIP now have to buy adventure packs (because SSG calls them ā€œmini expansions even though theyā€™re what really just what we used to get as adventure packs) really sticks in my craw and makes that ā€œadded content in updates at no additional costā€ untrue.

Onyxia2016

Easy question. Answer = When enough current subscribers cancel that the revenue drops enough to justify the cost of them doing the work.

As is, they clearly feel that there are enough VIP subs that their dev time is better spent elsewhere.

It is also possible that SSG sees there is not enough revenue from VIP subs to cover the cost of new content creation and why they switched to releasing x-packs instead of content updates that VIP where granted. The basic version of these new x-packs should be free to VIP. The other tiers with extra stuff I can see being a extra charge.
It is my belief that VIP subs have already dropped to the point that SSG does not see the advantage of implementing new VIP perks. Why else would they just sit on the planned updates to the system? If there was money in it they would have fixed it several months to a year ago.

Kimbere

Why else would they just sit on the planned updates to the system? If there was money in it they would have fixed it several months to a year ago.
Active/recurring subscriptions are a key metric for the MMO industry. It was referenced multiple times in the financials and presentations during the acquisition by EG7.

Dude

Why else would they just sit on the planned updates to the system?
Just a thought, but maybe Hanlon's Razer? The person working on the VIP perks project died. I can't even count how many times I've had work come to a halt because someone saved their part of a project on their desktop, instead of some sort of shared access place. If that happened here, all of that work would be lost and they'd have to start from scratch. I don't know that this happened with the VIP perks project, but it really wouldn't surprise me.

Wizard

If upping the numbers or offering things that are also in the store (raid timer etc.) is not financially viable, then how about some big VIP exclusive Quality of Life that is not in the store?

For example:

Auto-teleport to quest via Compendium would be huge for VIP I think. F2P should get this too, but only if a party member is already in the quest, so having VIP to teleport yourself is a huge QoL.
And quest auto-accept/ auto-share.

mbartol

Murder Hobo
The sad thing is, when SSG actually requested input from the community 18 months ago, many suggestions were offered.

SSG did nothing.

Then the goodwill gesture that was Daily Gold Roles ended (exactly when they said they would), and players were eagerly anticipating the new and improved VIP offerings.

SSG did nothing.

So players started suggesting many, many ideas for VIP again. Others posted their belief that SSG was waiting for the Producerā€™s Letterā€”surely SSG took some of the suggestions that were offered after they made the request.

SSG did nothing.

I suppose enough VIP subscriptions were canceled/not renewed during the first several weeks of the year following the end of the Daily Gold Rolls, because SSG scrambled to pull together a half-baked idea that was not well-received by the community. Once again, all the suggestions for VIP gets rehashed by the community.

Once again, SSG did nothing.

At this point, anyone still paying for VIP finds value in the current offering. Other players chose to close their walletsā€”the damage has already been done. Either way, any changes forthcoming for VIP subscriptions will have minimal impact. Sure, there are some players in the middle that will be enticed by some new VIP offerings, but I suspect it is not an overwhelming number.

Thereā€™s no point in making more suggestions. SSG is going to do whatever SSG does.

Jummby

The sad thing is, when SSG actually requested input from the community 18 months ago, many suggestions were offered.

SSG did nothing.

Then the goodwill gesture that was Daily Gold Roles ended (exactly when they said they would), and players were eagerly anticipating the new and improved VIP offerings.

SSG did nothing.

So players started suggesting many, many ideas for VIP again. Others posted their belief that SSG was waiting for the Producerā€™s Letterā€”surely SSG took some of the suggestions that were offered after they made the request.

SSG did nothing.

I suppose enough VIP subscriptions were canceled/not renewed during the first several weeks of the year following the end of the Daily Gold Rolls, because SSG scrambled to pull together a half-baked idea that was not well-received by the community. Once again, all the suggestions for VIP gets rehashed by the community.

Once again, SSG did nothing.

At this point, anyone still paying for VIP finds value in the current offering. Other players chose to close their walletsā€”the damage has already been done. Either way, any changes forthcoming for VIP subscriptions will have minimal impact. Sure, there are some players in the middle that will be enticed by some new VIP offerings, but I suspect it is not an overwhelming number.

Thereā€™s no point in making more suggestions. SSG is going to do whatever SSG does.
There is an xp bonus so some people pay for it? Others say they are supporting the game? No clue I haven't been vip in a while. I see alot of people unhappy the new destiny isn't free to vip. Destinies use to be I think.

Without flaming the devs, is there a legit reason to be vip? I can't think of one.

Jummby

You're leaving many things out. The ones off the top of my head are:
- Gold roll, weekly
- Extra bank space
If I have bought bank space, all my toons can open elite, I have all the races and have ddo points...do I need vip? A weekly gold roll? They put alot of fluff in those prizes. Though it is fun to take a random guildie and mail them 1 bigby hand at a time:), getting an 80 or more on your gold roll has gotten really watered down.

Added content on vip? I don't have a dog in that fight but seems like whatever is recent you are paying for it. Like others I let vip go.

popejubal

If I have bought bank space, all my toons can open elite, I have all the races and have ddo points...do I need vip? A weekly gold roll? They put alot of fluff in those prizes. Though it is fun to take a random guildie and mail them 1 bigby hand at a time:), getting an 80 or more on your gold roll has gotten really watered down.

Added content on vip? I don't have a dog in that fight but seems like whatever is recent you are paying for it. Like others I let vip go.
Yep.

In the last 3 years, there have been just 2 adventure packs that a VIP would have gotten access to.

2 adventure packs and *4* expansion packs that VIP don't get to access at no additional cost - even though that was the main point of VIP once upon a time.

misterski

Yep.

In the last 3 years, there have been just 2 adventure packs that a VIP would have gotten access to.

2 adventure packs and *4* expansion packs that VIP don't get to access at no additional cost - even though that was the main point of VIP once upon a time.
VIP never had access to expansion packs, just adventure packs.

popejubal

VIP never had access to expansion packs, just adventure packs.
VIP had access to all content up until they started making Expansion Packs specifically to make VIPs pay for content on top of their subscriptions. MotU made sense because it was an enormous addition to the game, but in the last few years DDO has pretty much turned off the tap for adventure packs and changed over to Expansion Packs for the large majority of new content - even when there isnā€™t any more content in the expansion than would go into an adventure pack. All to make sure that VIPs have to pay extra for the content.

The deal used to be ā€œbuy the content as individual purchases and have it forever or get VIP and have it all for nowā€ and SSG changed that to ā€œget VIP and STILL have to buy the content as individual purchases. Which is a big part of why so many VIPs now want more benefits for their subscription.

JabberW0ookiee

Iā€™d say nice try, but Iā€™d be lying.

Apparently youā€™re completely unaware that they added daily gold rolls for VIPs as a stop gap measure to add value back to VIP after they stripped so much of it away. They were also supposed to come up with something worthwhile and permanent and have so far completely failed to bring anything even remotely worthwhile to be the table.
They haven't been able to follow through as quickly as they would have liked as the developer that was working on those updates unexpectedly passed. (R.I.P. Humble Friar) So until they can get someone to replace him on that project, we are here waiting.