Some nice and some not so nice.

Wender

Yeah because it is SO FUN standing around waiting. /s There isn't much to do in DDO waiting for healer/rogue. (not even an open world with solo quests that can be interrupted at any time while waiting)

I was there for a while in ~2006 when you still needed roles in your party. I quit because I was fed up with waiting, no soloing and only being able to play during prime-time (almost no parties outside of that)

The game has NOWHERE enough population for role dependent parties. Even high population games have long queues waiting for the lesser played roles (usually tank and sometimes healer there).
It is true what you point out that nowadays more playstyles are available. And, even though the population is low, the game is still alive after so many years. So, even though I miss those times because I didn't mind the waiting, I'm up for anything that keeps this game alive.

LuisJones

I have not seen a single negative thread in ddoreddit in months, care to link us some examples? And there are no other "ddo forums", unless you mean that special place the nature of which certainly could not have eluded you.

"They just say this is the best and everyone else sucks" - I doubt they phrase it that way. My guess is you came up with some build idea and were told it is not a good idea. That is good advice. Do you want people to lie so you can feel happy about your build ideas or would you rather have good advice on a build?

"So why not as much love for those like me or those who just stated and have no past lives?" - Because people do not owe you anything? People post the builds they find interesting and intrigueing, come up with your own builds if they are not to your liking. People on the internet are not monkeys to dance to your tune.
I agree with you. By the way, to check if all the answers from these people are valuable and helpful, you can review them. You just need to go to the person's profile and you can see all the previous responses.