Something seems off post U59

Ahpuch

100% agree...from watching combat logs post U59 my character is taking more crits. I noticed it the first hour of U59, like many of you.

My guess is they turned up mobs seeker. And I think the motivation was/is clear, make r10s harder. Likely there were several minor changes.
It does seem more likely to me that this was side effect of the codog optimizations that was unintentional. Because you are correct that if they were asking us to look for unexpected changes while making unannounced changes that would be .... Something I cannot say on the forums.

ForeverZero

It does seem more likely to me that this was side effect of the codog optimizations that was unintentional. Because you are correct that if they were asking us to look for unexpected changes while making unannounced changes that would be .... Something I cannot say on the forums.
While ninja nerfs have happend, and i could be misremembering cause i was a dumb teen in school at the time, i think they did eventually come out about it at some point. Dont quote me on thwt though. I just hope this is all an unintended drawback from the u59 reworks.

Dragnilar

Dragonborn of Bahamut
The biggest thing to me is the lack of even a quick “Read by a developer, kthxbai” response conveys apathy. The simplest communication can go a long way towards establishing trust, and in the absence of communication only distrust is built.
Agreed it is frustrating, but it's also not surprising. 😕

Bjond

100% agree...from watching combat logs post U59 my character is taking more crits. I noticed it the first hour of U59, like many of you.

My guess is they turned up mobs seeker. And I think the motivation was/is clear, make r10s harder

That would be a rather foolish way to make it "harder". How much MORE dead can a DPS get when an R10 non-crit will already one-shot most? I suppose they could add a mechanic where the resurecting cleric has to first gather up all the giblets.

It does seem more likely to me that this was side effect of the codog optimizations

The changes for NPC ranged seem like they're deliberate: more accurate, flatter, and faster projectiles. If people are seeing a lot more crits in general, the optimizations are (imho) a far more likely culprit than a stealth nerf. My understanding is that those changes are for players rather than NPCs, though.

With optimizations as the most suspicious change, the bug would be Fortification not applying correctly. That could be not always applied. Sometimes removed. Sometimes skipped. Etc. Etc..

eshadowbringer

My guess is they turned up mobs seeker. And I think the motivation was/is clear, make r10s harder. Likely there were several minor changes.

Honestly, i'm fine with the changes, but given that it was done during a feat refactoring for players. it is unclear if these changes were intentional. It's is possible that mob feats were also refactored or there was some halo affect there, only we can't really test changes in mob accuracy/crit_confirmation.

again, while i'm fine with the dungeon masters shaking things up a bit, i'd have preferred transparency and I'd also have preferred they not do this type of activity while doing a major overhaul (u59) b/c it makes the players feel like they are using a piece of software instead of a game. if you're gonna turn up the difficulty in the background, then please release some slightly cryptic release note indicating as much, so we don't guess at it being a bug. And if you've been caught tipping the scale, then come clean and own it OR if it's an unsolved/unknown, let us know you're investigating.
Well said!

Dogbreath68

I have noticed this as well. But I just thought it was ramped up on purpose. I have noticed more crits, and my caster is at 339% fortification. At least I'm not alone in this :).

ForeverZero

I have noticed this as well. But I just thought it was ramped up on purpose. I have noticed more crits, and my caster is at 339% fortification. At least I'm not alone in this :).
Indeed I've been told by some of my buddies raid tanks getting pegged in raids with 400+ fort.

Batman

Again, wait on J1NG. Hopefuly, he's still on the quest to get the numbers down.

Or he may have recalled out already and abandoned. lol, help us J1NG!

vryxnr

I wish I new if the current way things are is buggy or if the previous several years was buggy.

Several people (mostly people playing tanks in raids) have noticed things are hitting way harder than before.

Death's Teeth hits harder in skellies and/or his void cloud hits harder. The dragons in FoTP hit harder. The unicorns in Dryad reset their aggro much more frequently now and rush Hawthorn much quicker than before, so keeping them off her is more inconsistent/difficult, etc.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Sorry everyone I was away the last few days due to a family medical emergency and was basically not online the last few days or at my system to examine the videos from November last year and this post U59 for an R4 Memoirs run that I could make direct comparisons with to spot changes that might have taken place.

If anyone has progressed further with investigation then they may already be on the right track on finding the issue before I get back into the swing of things for DDO.

J1NG

ForeverZero

I can get them to invite you if you're down. :)

No worries Jing, i hope everything goes okay! Best wishes.

on side note. I'd love it if i recorded any of my past experiences but alas i haven't so i dont really have any substantial evidence except "trust me bro" energy. But ive been playing the character and as im aure many can attest to. We've built a link to these characters and can detect when "something" is off.

ForeverZero

I dunno bout seeker but a few champs that have fort bypass seem to be bypassing more fort at the very least.

Honestly, i'm fine with the changes, but given that it was done during a feat refactoring for players. it is unclear if these changes were intentional. It's is possible that mob feats were also refactored or there was some halo affect there, only we can't really test changes in mob accuracy/crit_confirmation.

again, while i'm fine with the dungeon masters shaking things up a bit, i'd have preferred transparency and I'd also have preferred they not do this type of activity while doing a major overhaul (u59) b/c it makes the players feel like they are using a piece of software instead of a game. if you're gonna turn up the difficulty in the background, then please release some slightly cryptic release note indicating as much, so we don't guess at it being a bug. And if you've been caught tipping the scale, then come clean and own it OR if it's an unsolved/unknown, let us know you're investigating.
I dunno about the seeker as its just more crit damage. But all damage seems different. But enemies particularly fort bypassing champs seem to be bypassing fort much more than before. Maybe something to do with them? Theres only 4 champs which is what 20% ish of all champs?

Now that i think about it. It seems only people doing reaper or elites seem to notice the fhanges, is it directly related to champions maybe getting erroneous benefits? Maybe it lies there?

Batman

Sorry everyone I was away the last few days due to a family medical emergency and was basically not online the last few days or at my system to examine the videos from November last year and this post U59 for an R4 Memoirs run that I could make direct comparisons with to spot changes that might have taken place.

If anyone has progressed further with investigation then they may already be on the right track on finding the issue before I get back into the swing of things for DDO.

J1NG
J1NG, real life first, especially when dealing with health!

And thank you for looking into the matter. Your knowledge and impartiality in the matter makes this easy, damm glad we have people like you in the community. :)

Batman

I dunno bout seeker but a few champs that have fort bypass seem to be bypassing more fort at the very least.

I dunno about the seeker as its just more crit damage. But all damage seems different. But enemies particularly fort bypassing champs seem to be bypassing fort much more than before. Maybe something to do with them? Theres only 4 champs which is what 20% ish of all champs?

Now that i think about it. It seems only people doing reaper or elites seem to notice the fhanges, is it directly related to champions maybe getting erroneous benefits? Maybe it lies there?
Hm, you know champs got buffed massively from DA.

Did any of you set off DA to any degree when this all happened?

ForeverZero

Naw in r10 i dont trigger da duoing bad idea.
The big one i noticed was thornwright for me. Id have a reaper in spawn of enemies to the left aggro and cause the trash around it to aggro. Me and a guildy would duo no problems usually unless i was hella reckless and did something dumb. Which happens but pretty rare given circumstances of r10 shortmanning as a melee and healer. With no casters for cc. I'm a dps not a tank i know my limits pretty well usually and that was when i really started noticing something was off.

Tilomere

It seems like the DA buffs were set to start at no alert. My bet is on DA because that is where the massive fort on mobs changes were in past, and that they added massive fort bypass as well in latest patch, but that it is starting with no-alert.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

In the absence of hard empirical data on any changes, a confirmation from Devs either way would be helpful.

Have there actually been changes, and if so, were they intentional?

Just answering that would calm any unwarranted concerns at least.

vryxnr

I've noticed this difference in raids done on normal, so no champs. No DA either most of the time.

Rathy

The static group I play with noticed a bump up in combat difficulty in various low-level Elite Heroic quests. E.g., 'Housekeeping' end fight.

Not in all quests or in all the fights, but in enough combats over enough sessions now for us to notice the harder hits, closer calls, or longer times to finish. Note that we do play a home-brewed rule-set for a level restricted, gear-limited, no ship buffs, permadeath style so I don't know if this info is helpful at all.

But yeah, something is making our combats noticeably harder every now and then and those don't feel like the normal Mean Random Dice times...but feels are not evidence of course!