Stat squishing reaper trees as a holdover

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tilomere

Can you increase the cost of reaper trees to 2 AP per ability purchased? By doubling the point cost to 312 or so to fill them all out it will create more specialization and end-game progression potential, at least until a more permanent review of reaper can be scheduled.

On top of that, it will narrow the gap between "have" and "have not" which others are complaining about, as well as reduce reaper power creep, helping to provide solutions to multiple issues at once that people are bringing up with minimal development cost. Just shift a bit over.

Last edited:

Tilomere

It will reduce the power gap, so the difficulty people play at will on average be less, making the dungeons better balanced against those weaker players, so the game becomes more enjoyable.

Weaker players get a more enjoyable game experience because the gap is less, more powerful players get a more enjoyable game experience because they can progress. It's win-win!

Dom

It will reduce the power gap, so the difficulty people play at will on average be less, making the dungeons better balanced against those weaker players, so the game becomes more enjoyable.

Weaker players get a more enjoyable game experience because the gap is less, more powerful players get a more enjoyable game experience because they can progress. It's win-win!
This is likely up there with one of your worst posts ever made, and full of complete non-sense lol.

Eoin

I would vote no or maybe only for T4/5? Making it 2AP across the board would hurt newer players more with catching up to the power spread.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Ah yeah, watching people have to slog an extra 25 million RXP will surely be a popular thing.
5UQ6iXe.gif

I agree with Sev on this one; it's okay for a gaming system to simply be done. You hit 156 then congrats, you're done with that!

Randomdude1223

Can you increase the cost of reaper trees to 2 AP per ability purchased? By doubling the point cost to 312 or so to fill them all out it will create more specialization and end-game progression potential, at least until a more permanent review of reaper can be scheduled.

On top of that, it will narrow the gap between "have" and "have not" which others are complaining about, as well as reduce reaper power creep, helping to provide solutions to multiple issues at once that people are bringing up with minimal development cost. Just shift a bit over.
You're just dividing everyone's reaper points by two, including those who are trying to "catch up." Did you even think this through?

jotmon

pointless.

I am doubtful it would make a difference between "have" and "have not" s.
The current "haves" invested time effort and resources to grind Reaper xp to get where they are now, the rest are on a longer more casual schedule.

woq

This makes no sense at all. How is the gap smaller if the key bonuses are suddenly at ~~40/80 rp instead of 20/40? Top players reach them anyway and average players are left out and new players are completely locked out. This would just make RXP one of the grindiest systems across all MMOs out there in one fell swoop and it's already grindy.

How on earth did you come to the conclusion that this helps anyone at all?

Did you miss out something from your thought processes that didn't make it to the thread, like overall reduction in reaper difficulty and/or increase in rxp gained or what?

Shardrena

Increase the costs by 3 for triple the fun and improved catch up mechanics. Or 4... oh wait make that 5...

Or remove the entire system entirely, and completely redesign the whole thing. Since the only thing reaper enhancements do is make you better able to survive reaper difficulty, and they assume you first could survive it to begin with...

woq

Or remove the entire system entirely, and completely redesign the whole thing. Since the only thing reaper enhancements do is make you better able to survive reaper difficulty, and they assume you first could survive it to begin with...
Getting initial Reaper Enhancements only assumes living through low reaper difficulties, and as you progress through gaining more rxp you move up in reaper difficulties.

Shardrena

Getting initial Reaper Enhancements only assumes living through low reaper difficulties, and as you progress through gaining more rxp you move up in reaper difficulties.

Which can be quite the challenge to do. Especially if "party wipe" means reset the dungeon rather then re-enter and take an xp penalty. It took me far too many failed runs to get enough rxp to buy a single reaper enhancement. And that +SP in reaper difficulty didn't exactly help that much when it comes to surviving a Reaper 1 run as a warlock. And the higher the class level, the harder reaper 1 becomes because the base dungeon is harder. To the point where I basically decided "!@#$ this noise" and just ran Elite difficulty, assuming my char could survive it.

woq

Which can be quite the challenge to do. Especially if "party wipe" means reset the dungeon rather then re-enter and take an xp penalty. It took me far too many failed runs to get enough rxp to buy a single reaper enhancement. And that +SP in reaper difficulty didn't exactly help that much when it comes to surviving a Reaper 1 run as a warlock. And the higher the class level, the harder reaper 1 becomes because the base dungeon is harder. To the point where I basically decided "!@#$ this noise" and just ran Elite difficulty, assuming my char could survive it.
Yeah, I had a similar experience starting out I'll admit. The first points are hard for newer players tackling it alone especially in lower heroic levels. Some quests are also deceptively more difficult when reaper difficulty is up - a large pile of weak little kobolds is something to mow down on Elite, and a dreadful timebomb on reaper spawning all sorts of carnage and famine to ruin your day.

That being said, if you're okay with going on elite until Legendary Levels, the first points come much faster even on Reaper 1 - and the challenge becomes far more manageable with just another extra player.

Status
Not open for further replies.