Stat squishing reaper trees as a holdover

Status
Not open for further replies.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
Here's an idea... If you max out all your Reaper trees, the next enhancement point you get for them resets your reaper trees, removes the spent 156 points, keeps your current rxp total and amount needed to get another point, and doubles how many points each reaper enhancement costs, but only for you.

No additional power gained, because you just lost the benefits from your reaper enhancements. But now you get the "fun and challenge" of earning twice as many enhancement points to get the benefits back. With no limit for how many times this reset can happen, even if there is a hard cap on how much rxp is needed to earn a given point. Thus those who want to grind rxp endlessly get the joy of doing so for exponentially more Reaper Enhancement points just to buy back their reaper enhancements.

Note, this is a snarky joke. It's not a serious suggestion, and I recognize how bad of an idea it is. But it is a better idea then penalizing everyone else because you chose to grind out 300+ enhancement points in Reaper and have nothing to spend them on.
I like it. Getting tired of those with 40 past lives on one toon complaining that X is not challenging or whatever.

I like it. Getting tired of those with 40 past lives on one toon complaining that X is not challenging or whatever.
You clearly did not read the full post. Fitting signature also.

> Note, this is a snarky joke. It's not a serious suggestion, and I recognize how bad of an idea it is. But it is a better idea then penalizing everyone else because you chose to grind out 300+ enhancement points in Reaper and have nothing to spend them on.

dur

aka Cybersquirt
I like fitted things.. 🙄 OP said "..as well as reduce reaper power creep."

Should be more than 3 Reaper trees for variety, not have/ing every enhancement cost 2 points per.

Shardrena

I like fitted things.. 🙄 OP said "..as well as reduce reaper power creep."

Should be more than 3 Reaper trees for variety, not have/ing every enhancement cost 2 points per.

But only if you can only have 3 trees active at once, otherwise there's still power creep.

Reactions: dur

ChaoticDrivel

Which "they" would this be, again? I mean, is it the Ornate Order of Obtuse Ostriches? The Royal Rumbas Reliquary? The Grand Gregorius Gelatin Group? Or maybe The Potent Polyhedron Preservation Party? Or do you refer to one I'm unaware of?

I was just referring to those who actually implement the ideas they come upon, to the game itself(the devs). Although...Now I would very much like a quest involving each one of those societies you mentioned.

I think Tilomere's heart is in the right place, but I'm not sure a stat squish of the Reaper trees is the way to go.

I was jesting regarding the Reaper Past Lives, but if they actually buff all your party members(and not just you) - that wouldn't be so bad. I would gladly give up all my Reaper points for that - depending on the implementation, of course.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Why we stop here?

• Let's cut half the sentient exp too in all maxed sentient gems
  • Let's cut half all the mythic and reaper bonuses on all items everybody has
  • Let's cut half all the raid runes and fates stored in bank
Expand the list with your own ideas in the comments below!

🙂🙃

Shardrena

Let's cut in half the nonsensical whining as well.

Wait, that may be impossible. Let's instead cut in half the cheese ration for the whiners.

Archaic

On top of that, it will narrow the gap between "have" and "have not" which others are complaining about, as well as reduce reaper power creep, helping to provide solutions to multiple issues at once that people are bringing up with minimal development cost. Just shift a bit ovover.
No it wouldn't. Self destructive players need to stop jumping off bridges influencing crazy devs who take the leap with them

Shardrena

No it wouldn't. Self destructive players need to stop jumping off bridges influencing crazy devs who take the leap with them

Exactly. "It costs twice as much now" is not going to reduce any gaps. It can't, when the people its trying to bring in line have enough excess reaper enhancement AP to just max out all 3 trees despite the doubled costs. meanwhile anyone who's NOT able to do that will take twice as long to reach the same state as they did before. This doesn't reduce the power gap, it widens it.

Xgya

Careful now...This is the first steps toward Reaper Past Lives.
So long as all they give is cosmetics, I'm all for it.
Anyone that has reached wings can now go back to 0 points and get *shinier* wings! With extra skulls or sparkles!
People look at their point total and think it's too dang high? Here's a solution: make your wings shinier, with absolutely no limit to how much shinier it can get - though eventually you'll have to turn off the VFX because the game can only handle so much sparkle.

songswrath

Good idea, but bad implementation. They should make each enhancement cost 10 points, and you have to hit 2 billion rxp to cap it.

Gotta stop thinking so small-mindedly. I'd like to be griding rxp for at least 10 more years.
Make a 2nd toon what I did when guild needed a full time tank I'll started work on brakestuff. Now he 93 r points and 90 pastlifes. Thinking of swapping roles on my toons and getting more lifes. Like I said one of my toons is always a tank. Song or brakestuff

songswrath

and for the people that think raisecost will lower the power gap lol. There players with 300 points on one toon. Hell I got toons with 211 93 30 16 20.

Guntango

Why we stop here?

• Let's cut half the sentient exp too in all maxed sentient gems
  • Let's cut half all the mythic and reaper bonuses on all items everybody has
  • Let's cut half all the raid runes and fates stored in bank
Expand the list with your own ideas in the comments below!

🙂🙃
Let's cut half in half!

saekee

long live ROGUE
It will reduce the power gap, so the difficulty people play at will on average be less, making the dungeons better balanced against those weaker players, so the game becomes more enjoyable.

Weaker players get a more enjoyable game experience because the gap is less, more powerful players get a more enjoyable game experience because they can progress. It's win-win!
They did something like this with our local utility rates

droid327

Oh and another thing...

The stat squish affected both players and mobs. It preserved, more or less, the balance, but just reduced the magnitude of the values

This isn't proposing reaper mobs get nerfed equally to preserve parity, it's just a unilateral nerf

Tilomere

I hope they stop catering to gaming addicts and make it possible for others to catch up.
A new person at 0 points is 100% behind a veteran with 156 points. If we make it 2 AP per ability, a new person at 0 points is only 50% in points and 25% in total RXP needed to cap behind a veteran with 156 points, giving them a chance to catch up or even surpass the veteran on the way to 100%.

Plus the veteran has a reason to log in.

It's win-win.

Status
Not open for further replies.