Stealth-Nerf of Airship

Rornar

I actually noticed this too.

I went down to go to the farshifter to see if I could travel off of him and it turns out that every single amenity on my maxed out guild airship had been reset as well. :)

Everything was working perfectly fine and in its proper place last night at around 10pm CST so I assume it was due to the patch today.

Sheikra

The Captain's options are still there, they are just below the bottom of the chat window box. If you use your keyboard arrow keys you can move the selector down off the bottom of the options and then hit enter to select the Farshifter's options. Then the second dialog window appears as normal.
Very clever. Glad to hear it was just a mistake, not intentional nerf. I apologize for the erroneous assumption.

Eoin

So a developer or content designer added the teleport in the grove and to the menus, ran DDO in their local dev environment, validated the teleport work, validated the dialogue boxes, thought everything looked good, chef kiss, and checked in the change.

Pretty code reviews aren't happening unless a change is ground breaking, so after check in th build went to QA. The QA person read the change log and put together their test case based on that. They ran DDO in their UAT environment, validated the teleport work, validated the dialogue boxes, thought everything looked good, chef kiss, and green lit the build for production.

I'm assuming the developer and QA person that let this through to production are the same ones that let IceFlenser (missing a space) into the monster manual to production? I'm not expecting pixel perfect attention to detail, but if you are missing the obvious stuff...

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
validated the teleport work, validated the dialogue boxes, thought everything looked good, chef kiss, and green lit the build for production.
OpBmqwl.gif

rabidfox

The People's Champion
If an airship doesn't have a farshifter then someone probably wouldn't notice this bug. So I think we should hold a fundraiser to buy the QA department an airship with that amenity. 💲 💲 💲

(It could easily be as simple as tester X not having one on their airship and thus it got missed)

Smokewolf

Love how every bug is assumed to be a nerf.
Well you know that us veteran players have seen such situations come and go. Thus, until proven otherwise, it a nerf.

Besides, the Dev's could just be trying out a "stealth" change on the fly, to see how we'd take to it. Stranger things have happened before.

Ahpuch

If an airship doesn't have a farshifter then someone probably wouldn't notice this bug. So I think we should hold a fundraiser to buy the QA department an airship with that amenity. 💲 💲 💲

(It could easily be as simple as tester X not having one on their airship and thus it got missed)
Splendid idea. Lets all auction off our Elixir's of Discovery and send the proceeds to the devs for this purpose.

Kimbere

So a developer or content designer added the teleport in the grove and to the menus, ran DDO in their local dev environment, validated the teleport work, validated the dialogue boxes, thought everything looked good, chef kiss, and checked in the change.

Pretty code reviews aren't happening unless a change is ground breaking, so after check in th build went to QA. The QA person read the change log and put together their test case based on that. They ran DDO in their UAT environment, validated the teleport work, validated the dialogue boxes, thought everything looked good, chef kiss, and green lit the build for production.

I'm assuming the developer and QA person that let this through to production are the same ones that let IceFlenser (missing a space) into the monster manual to production? I'm not expecting pixel perfect attention to detail, but if you are missing the obvious stuff...
Has SSG done anything lately that would lead you to assume or even believe based on blind faith they have proper QA procedures? For a long time now, it is more surprising when things they list in updates as changed or fixed beyond simple typos actually work right the first time.

We were talking about this UI menu bug for the transporter NPCs in guild chat last night. The problem was immediately obvious to anyone using transporter NPCs on the airship, which tells us that the dev doing the work and/or the QA personnel (if any exist) didn't even bother to do that bare minimum amount of verification.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
The Captain's options are still there, they are just below the bottom of the chat window box. If you use your keyboard arrow keys you can move the selector down off the bottom of the options and then hit enter to select the Farshifter's options. Then the second dialog window appears as normal.
Keyboard arrows do nothing for me at all. Cant go down.