Stolen Power

TedSandyman

After running the first quest and really liking the dynamics, I have to say, Stolen power is a BIG disappointment to me.

I wish to modify some of my comments. The TITAN ground pound can knock you down or throw you into the water, regardless of where you are. So it isn't just melees. My original post had a bit about this being a melee attack, but it isn't.

I left after dying and came back and, within a few minutes, into the death water again. I was playing on normal just to see what the dungeon was about. Level doesn't matter when instant death is concerned. Most of the fights were easy. Then, bam, dead, nothing you can do.

I don't know if it simply felt sorry for me, but the third time I went back in the Illithid was on the platform. I simply killed him and ran away from the titan. Still almost got knocked in the water a few times.

The whole dungeon is a constant trap that you cant turn off where you constantly are hit with lightning and fire. Yeah, you can avoid some of these, but that means, during your melee with these severe hp bags, you have to stop every few minutes and run around the little purple shockers.

There is one room where you have to beat down one of those giant hp-bag crystals and the point is literally, can you stand and take the hp damage from fire while beating on this thing for 10 minutes or so.

It is as if a child were trying to design a hard dungeon.
  1. Make it so something is simply draining your hit points at all times.
  2. Make a super monster that has 1,000,000 hit points.
  3. Make it so every so often the super monster just kills you regardless of what you do.
I know these are supposed to be challenging dungeons, but I had hoped for more. They did an excellent job with the first one and, as I said, the second was a major disappointment for me.

There is one hidden room with one of the giant titans. After spending about 20 minutes killing it, I didn't even get a chest. Apparently it is in a different room somewhere.

Maybe I am missing something. Maybe there is a way to cover the instant death water. There seemed to be an awful lot of levers that don't really do anything. But my initial impression of the dungeon isn't good. I was optimistic after the first dungeon. Now I dread what might be in the next two.

Last edited:

Ying

5000+ hours played
The endfight is a blood bath on R10. We died so many times, and it was wonderful. It's a true challenge dungeon. On R1 it's a joke where mechanics can be mostly ignored.

The lag of the endfight is not welcomed. The floaty arcane-lightning balls are a cool mechanic, and you can jump over them. But any amount of lag means you're still going to get hit by them. The balls spawning cause the game to lag. I'm on a game system less than a year old that can play any modern game at 60+ FPS. Yet DDO's client pukes on that endfight.

My only complaint about the design of the quest is having to backtrack from the optional titan to get the chest. Dear developers: Backtracking in dungeons is lame design.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
For me, normal wasn't a joke because I kept dying in the water.
I did couple of R1 runs and havent experienced that at all. I was tanking the Titan and the Illithyd at the same time. Looked like a normal R1 quest to me.

Col Kurtz

any chance the Sentinel Destiny anti knock down w shield effect works in that dungeon???

will look for an answer b4 trying that dungeon... not interested in blowing an hour or two, messing with a dungeon like that, on one of my few days off of work unless there's some tactics to bypass stuff the OP described.

Players may need to start being more specific than ''I dont fall in the water like you did" Taunting people like that is not something the superfriends would approve of;)

TedSandyman

I did couple of R1 runs and havent experienced that at all. I was tanking the Titan and the Illithyd at the same time. Looked like a normal R1 quest to me.
If you didn't get knocked off the platform, then you were lucky. Or maybe you just have something to help with the titan hammer blast.

TedSandyman

any chance the Sentinel Destiny anti knock down w shield effect works in that dungeon???

will look for an answer b4 trying that dungeon... not interested in blowing an hour or two, messing with a dungeon like that, on one of my few days off of work unless there's some tactics to bypass stuff the OP described.

Players may need to start being more specific than ''I dont fall in the water like you did" Taunting people like that is not something the superfriends would approve of;)
There might be some mitigation. The one poster, ZVD, didn't have trouble. So they must have had something helpful. A bit more clarity from ZVD might be helpful on any anti-knockdown items or effects they used.

As for "dont fall in the water" I took it as a joke due to the smiley mostly. Get out of there that stuff will kill you. Well yeah.

PraetorPlato

It's like LoB—you need to position well (no back to a cliff when you're engaging titan). He knocks you around w/full knockdown immunity. If you have wings or boots, there's a timing to save yourself midair.

I dont Like gimps

I actually felt like the titan was way too whack (only r4 to be fair ) pug first time but the titan dealt less dmg than the archers in Memoirs thats how bad the dmg was and I didnt see anyone getting pushed into the water either. Only thing that really pissed me off and made it non fun is ego whip its just such Non fun to get -923492 Charisma helplessness by illithids/koprus

Col Kurtz

As for "dont fall in the water" I took it as a joke due to the smiley mostly. Get out of there that stuff will kill you. Well yeah.
yup..i took it as a Joke too..I was just teasing . Ying has a pretty big presence in forums...gotta poke him w a stick once in a while to make sure he's actually human :)

TedSandyman

I dunno. Ran it again, took off feather fall, that seemed to help. I didn't get thrown as far. Still got knocked in the water once.

Also, after I took off feather fall, jumping to the opt chest, I fell, into the water. Dead again. But at least that one had the decency to put be at a shrine.

Last edited:

Cemi

I dunno. Ran it again, took off feather fall, that seemed to help. I didn't get thrown as far. Still got knocked in the water once.

Also, after I took off feather fall, jumping to the opt chest, I fell, into the water. Dead again. But at least that one had the decency to put be at a shrine.

Couldn't open the chest though. It was locked. Bell of opening wouldn't open it.
kill the optional titan

TedSandyman

kill the optional titan
Yeah the titan opens the door, but chest is still locked. Kinda cruddy to lock a card chest but not complaining too much. My issue was I forgot how to use a bell of opening. It did work when I moved it to a toolbar. Wont waste another on that though. One card.

Lotoc

of the 4 it's pretty much the 'trapper' quest so the opt chest being locked and needing a fight you need to be able to find hidden doors for is pretty on point for theme.

Atralyx

You're always going to have the players going "way too easy we did it on R10" but then there's the rest of us who don't get heard often. Which is why the game always innovates toward the power player. IE Making it harder run it faster, put a reaper in it.

Bunker

Got zapped.for 12k on r1 in the water.

Don't jump in water. Lesson learned.

Agreed, could do without the lag but. *shrug

Mand O'Lin

Singer of Songs Drinker of Drinks
I have only run it a handful of times. R1-R7. I found it much easier, faster, and more enjoyable than the first quest. The only time I recall anybody end up in the water was due to bad timing on jumps... I have no idea why you encountered issues. I also have not seen lag in the end fight, until completion lag. Fortunately there is a hand-dandy res shrine in the event of a wipe due to lag. You can just run past some of the mobs and cannons too.

Just over the motes, and in the end fight there is always (?) a break in the wall of motes which move across the room. The wall appears a second or so before moving across the room, not the opening and (if possible) adjust your position accordingly.

nenetteblackmoor

For me, the two new quests felt more like a lineup of tedious and unpleasant elements rather than challenges.

The game design seemed to consist solely of stress-inducing components like crystals with nothing but high HP or relay mirrors that need to be spun around like crazy, to be frank, I didn't feel any excitement.

While Shield, Mender, and Lifecaller were enjoyable, I wished for a few more gimmicks.