Suggestion: add anniversary champs that have party favors

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I personally can only stand farming out the anniversary quest so many times before I feel burnout. It'd be nice if we had anniversary champs that had chests with party favors (or if regular champ chest had a chance for them). I know there's party punch in the store, but that actually requires being the person who gets the kill, which makes them anti-grouping in nature and I dislike that. It'd just be nice to have an extra source of party favors to buy the fun toys.

Upvote 21

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Deity of choice, yes. I get really bored by those, really fast, and getting a little from just playing while the event is on would be great.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I decided to get a coffee on my 2nd favorite character on Sunday. It took 7 runs over almost an hour and half for it. But the end I was questioning if I even cared enough to do the final few runs. I can't imagine if I had wanted more than one item this year (or one of the more expensive things like a sentient jewel for 3x the grind). The event is fun the 1st few times each year when checking out what all has changed, but a single quest on repeat gets old soon after.

The Narc

I personally can only stand farming out the anniversary quest so many times before I feel burnout. It'd be nice if we had anniversary champs that had chests with party favors (or if regular champ chest had a chance for them). I know there's party punch in the store, but that actually requires being the person who gets the kill, which makes them anti-grouping in nature and I dislike that. It'd just be nice to have an extra source of party favors to buy the fun toys.
I am good with all events having champs that drop special loot, but please have an option for people that dont want them to turn them off.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
I decided to get a coffee on my 2nd favorite character on Sunday. It took 7 runs over almost an hour and half for it. But the end I was questioning if I even cared enough to do the final few runs. I can't imagine if I had wanted more than one item this year (or one of the more expensive things like a sentient jewel for 3x the grind). The event is fun the 1st few times each year when checking out what all has changed, but a single quest on repeat gets old soon after.
To save our sanity the wife and I did a pile of them the first day to build up most of the favors we needed to get what we wanted, then only ran 2 per day after to fill out what was left.

On a side note, I died more doing the anniversary event at level 26 5 up than I did running anything R1 in between.

Lazuli

While champions are often seen as nuisances that break the normal rhythm of quests, the truth is that I would prefer to get most of my party favors through champions.

I like the anniversary quest, but to play it a couple of times , not to repeat over and over again, that kills me with boredom.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I ask for this every year...

Sell Party Punch for Party Favors, like you can buy the analogous items for CC and Mabar
Party punch in it's current form is really bad IMO. It requires getting the killing blow to have that 5% chance to get one. So if you're not solo, every time someone else gets a kill, that's a zero percent chance of a favor for you. It removes any desire to group/play nice in groups. It creates a gaming experience that I very much dislike and find unfun.

erethizon1

Sounds good to me! Would make it more like snowpeaks and cove events where you get a little something just for going about your quests.
The devs can each build a champ in their name.
This is the most fun part of most seasonal events. Getting bonus chests or bonus items in chests make regular questing more enjoyable.

droid327

Party punch in it's current form is really bad IMO. It requires getting the killing blow to have that 5% chance to get one. So if you're not solo, every time someone else gets a kill, that's a zero percent chance of a favor for you. It removes any desire to group/play nice in groups. It creates a gaming experience that I very much dislike and find unfun.

Running the Challenge in a group is way better anyway, though. I dont think Punch would create competition for those already groups, I think its simply an alternative for those who were soloing anyway.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Running the Challenge in a group is way better anyway, though. I dont think Punch would create competition for those already groups, I think its simply an alternative for those who were soloing anyway.
I'm a social butterfly; I don't solo from 1 to 32 when leveling, I generally put up LFMs for anyone to join (unless I'm going AFK a bunch because of real life distractions). And at cap, I run in full parties zipping thru r10s with my friends. The choice between repeating the same quest over and over again or having to solo to get kills isn't a good trade-off choice. Punch is a bad design for a MMO where people are encouraged to hang out with other people. If punch did something as simple as letting party favors drop in any chest (for the person using it) then it wouldn't be an anti-party mechanic; but as it is currently, it actively encourages playing the opposite of the gamestyle I enjoy.

droid327

I'm a social butterfly; I don't solo from 1 to 32 when leveling, I generally put up LFMs for anyone to join (unless I'm going AFK a bunch because of real life distractions). And at cap, I run in full parties zipping thru r10s with my friends. The choice between repeating the same quest over and over again or having to solo to get kills isn't a good trade-off choice. Punch is a bad design for a MMO where people are encouraged to hang out with other people. If punch did something as simple as letting party favors drop in any chest (for the person using it) then it wouldn't be an anti-party mechanic; but as it is currently, it actively encourages playing the opposite of the gamestyle I enjoy.

I still dont see where giving soloists the option for Punch would decrease grouping

People who want to group can still group, and its still better rewards/minute than punch

People who want to solo can do so and get favors

People who want to group and not run the Challenge can still do so, because right now that choice offers zero favors

If you're upset merely because people would have an option to solo, even if there's no incentive to solo because the rewards are still better while grouping...then I'd say I am not here to be your content, and I should have the choice to go solo if that's what I prefer

The Narc

I still dont see where giving soloists the option for Punch would decrease grouping

People who want to group can still group, and its still better rewards/minute than punch

People who want to group and not run the Challenge can still do so, because right now that choice offers zero favors

If you're upset merely because people would have an option to solo, even if there's no incentive to solo because the rewards are still better while grouping...then I'd say I am not here to be your content, and I should have the choice to go solo if that's what I prefer
His implications is that if people are running party favor punches it will impact group play because all of sudden kill count becomes the main focus versus party synergy and completion, and it likely would have an impact. Just like people running xp pots want to get thru the quests as fast as possible also impacts group play. Ultimately if either is the case people could choose to not group with those people, but that in itself is not the best approach by the game to encourage a fully engaged social community.

rabidfox

The People's Champion

I'm all for soloists to enjoy the game and be able do things. But party punch has an anti-grouping bias in how it currently works and I'm 100% against anything that actively creates an environment where being in a group is harmful/detrimental to achieving one's goals. It would be like having less XP and reduced named dropped rates with more players; it's reverse of what the game's design should be. So unless that negative aspect of it is fixed then no, I wouldn't want it to be made easier to obtain.

Lazuli

Punch is very poorly designed. It needs to be redesigned so that any death activates it, even if it is not caused by the user of the punch. This design penalizes support classes (e.g. healers) and creates an unhealthy competitive environment in the group. We have had other similar abilities before, and they all had to be redesigned, like in the old ED legendary dreadnaught.

droid327

His implications is that if people are running party favor punches it will impact group play because all of sudden kill count becomes the main focus

That argument might have more weight if people werent already overly obsessed with kill count when grouping lol

I'm all for soloists to enjoy the game and be able do things. But party punch has an anti-grouping bias in how it currently works and I'm 100% against anything that actively creates an environment where being in a group is harmful/detrimental to achieving one's goals.

Thats exactly what I mean though - there's no reason TO pop a Punch if you're going to be in a group, because it gets penalized so much. Its an item that only a soloist would have much need for.