TEACHING RAID NIGHT : SIGN-UP NOW!

Elminster

TEACHING RAID NIGHT

Hello, THELANIS !

I will be organizing raid nights for Thelanis Server.

If you want to TEACH or PLAY a raid please respond to this post with:

#1 DAY/TIME(Eastern U.S. or New York City Time) available (please allow adequate time to run the raid).

#2 Lead/Teach or Player

#3 Raid(s) willing to run.

SCHEDULE TEMPLATE
PLAYER NAME(S)
TEACHER/LEADER#1#2#3#4#5#6#7#8#9
NAME>#10#11#12#13(backup)#14(backup)#15(backup)#16(backup)#17(backup)#18(backup)

DISCLAIMER: This is a *TEACHING* Raid. It will go MUCH slower than a standard Zerg raid. Please be fore-warned before signing up.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

but i thought you didnt buy expansions because you couldn't run the raids. if you cant run the raids, how will you lead a group if you don't know the raids? shouldn't you be the one learning from teaching raids?

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

Elminster

but i thought you didnt buy expansions because you couldn't run the raids. if you cant run the raids, how will you lead a group if you don't know the raids? shouldn't you be the one learning from teaching raids?
Isn't it time to re-name yourself "Unfavored Soul" ?

Also, please keep the toxicity out of this thread. I really want this to launch and create a hundred Raid Leaders. Thanks! (please feel free to be toxic in the other sections though!)

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Without wishing to offend you Elminster, I really think you need to specify which raids are being covered here. This seems to be the protocol adopted elsewhere for teaching raids.

Otherwise, as you don't have access to the latest raids, which are naturally the ones most in need of being taught, you're liable to find yourself faced with quite a bit of disappointment.

Elminster

OK guys stop posting on these threads and read what I wrote more carefully. I don't care if I'm in or not in any of these raids. Like I said my playtimes are like midnight... there's no-one. However, I'm trying to get more players proficient in raids so raiding can become more popular.

Again, I know how most players (who at least post here) think, it's me me me me me me me me me me and me, so the idea of someone trying to help others, genuinely, is so alien a concept the mind is repulsed by anyone here.

But, that's what I'm trying to do because there is a silent majority out there who WANT TO RAID but just can't find the group. Perhaps if they get trained up and can lead their own they may at least be able to run some "half raids" with 2 other people or whatever.

Lazuli

Taking into account that you have had an absolute lack of empathy towards the players of the playstyles that you are not playing, it is normal for people to think that me me me me is you.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)
OK guys stop posting on these threads and read what I wrote more carefully. I don't care if I'm in or not in any of these raids. Like I said my playtimes are like midnight... there's no-one. However, I'm trying to get more players proficient in raids so raiding can become more popular.
Midnight which timezone? EST? Because I have a few groups/players/discords I could recommend.
Again, I know how most players (who at least post here) think, it's me me me me me me me me me me and me, so the idea of someone trying to help others, genuinely, is so alien a concept the mind is repulsed by anyone here.
You post that you want to start teaching raid runs and people assume it will involve you, odd. I gave you the benefit of the doubt that this was a genuine effort instead of just data points for future thread spam. I was wrong.

You received a positive response and if you were genuinely seeking a group to raid with you would have easily found it as you have been told repeatedly. If you find an actual player (not this hypothetical one who doesn't understand how to create a forum post, join a discord or use the LFM panel in-game) that is struggling to find a raid group- encourage them to do all the things I already mentioned.
But, that's what I'm trying to do because there is a silent majority out there who WANT TO RAID but just can't find the group. Perhaps if they get trained up and can lead their own they may at least be able to run some "half raids" with 2 other people or whatever.
No, there isn't. There could be a few people who log on occasionally and get disappointed that there isn't an LFM for the raid they want to run. But folks who seek out raid groups and put out even a minimum amount of effort will find folks who are willing to help them out. The DDO community is great like that.

Mornyngstar

On the Thread: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/ascension-chamber.4532/
I list what I run/have ran.

Time slot is Sundays 4pm EST/EDT (Changing to EDT tonight). We start with Ascension Chamber (Heroic Abbot) then move onto EE Chronoscope (Chrono), Vault of Night 5&6 (Von 5&6), Zawabie's (DQ2), Fall of Truth (FoT).

After that it is whatever people need for raids that are lv 30 and under which includes: Defiler of the Just (DoJ), Temple of the Deathwyrm (Deathwyrm), Fire on Thunderpeak, (FoTP), Mark of Death (MoD), Caught in the Web (CitW), Heroic Hound of Xoriat (HoX), Vision of Destruction (VoD), Master Artificer (MA), Lord of Blades (LoB), Tower of Despair (ToD), Reaver's Fate (Reaver), Tempest Spine (Tempest) (yes I have taught a few people the long way thru tempest. Some never knew that there was a water part in there.) Twilight Forge/The Titan Awakes (Titan), The Shroud (Shroud).

Now for all of these I am willing to teach them. I am also available other times for focused teaching where we don't complete but go thru the mechanics of the raid, example is Twilight Forge.

Elminster

Time slot is Sundays 4pm EST/EDT (Changing to EDT tonight). We start with Ascension Chamber (Heroic Abbot) then move onto EE Chronoscope (Chrono), Vault of Night 5&6 (Von 5&6), Zawabie's (DQ2), Fall of Truth (FoT).

After that it is whatever people need for raids that are lv 30 and under which includes: Defiler of the Just (DoJ), Temple of the Deathwyrm (Deathwyrm), Fire on Thunderpeak, (FoTP), Mark of Death (MoD), Caught in the Web (CitW), Heroic Hound of Xoriat (HoX), Vision of Destruction (VoD), Master Artificer (MA), Lord of Blades (LoB), Tower of Despair (ToD), Reaver's Fate (Reaver), Tempest Spine (Tempest) (yes I have taught a few people the long way thru tempest. Some never knew that there was a water part in there.) Twilight Forge/The Titan Awakes (Titan), The Shroud (Shroud).

Now for all of these I am willing to teach them. I am also available other times for focused teaching where we don't complete but go thru the mechanics of the raid, example is Twilight Forge.

Do you already have a raid setup/regulars going? or do you need players to fill your raids or are you filling up fine as-is?

What is your in-game Raid leader name if you don't mind me asking? So, if I do catch any players on Thelanis I can direct them to you.

Mornyngstar

Do you already have a raid setup/regulars going? or do you need players to fill your raids or are you filling up fine as-is?

What is your in-game Raid leader name if you don't mind me asking? So, if I do catch any players on Thelanis I can direct them to you.
Currently I start with Iaewen but I have a number of alts if we need something specific for the raids. There are some regulars, but it is first come first serve, if someone contacts me for learning some particular raid, I can guarantee them first slot available.
I always label the groups with "Mornyngstar Raid".

Elminster

Currently I start with Iaewen but I have a number of alts if we need something specific for the raids. There are some regulars, but it is first come first serve, if someone contacts me for learning some particular raid, I can guarantee them first slot available.
I always label the groups with "Mornyngstar Raid".

NICE !

beastmode-beast.gif

If I get anyone from here or on my travels through Thelanis I'll direct them to Laewen. But it looks like Thelanis has a regular Teaching Raid well in-the-bag.

Griglok (Karatemack)

Leader- The Casual Obsession (Khyber)

Thank you for building up the community! Further proof that raiding is accessible to everyone who puts out the effort to find groups willing to run/teach.

Soulstyme

Hello....I'm interested in learning the raids. Will we be using in-game voice or discord? If discord is used please provide url. ty

Mornyngstar

Hello....I'm interested in learning the raids. Will we be using in-game voice or discord? If discord is used please provide url. ty
I normally use in game Voice but currently my mic is not working. So mostly just typing instructions, slow but effective.