THANK YOU for keeping the HC season 8 after party up BUT when is the REAL MUST TRANSFER BY Date?

cursedblessedone

Trigger Me Elmo
Giving me lots of stress and frustration transferring my toon before every Wednesday restart to find the server still up to my joy and frustration from premature transferring cause we were told Aug 15th originally. More folks would be on there playing than the handful of diehards or newbies if we HAD A DEFINITE Server shut down date please and thank you.

Lazuli

But why haven't you transferred already? What is the objective of not doing it? There is no chance to receive a prize, there are no dice rolls, there are not almost people... transfer the character and forget about the server until the next season. You can play permadeath on your own server if that's what motivates you.

I didn't even know the server was still available.

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown
But why haven't you transferred already? What is the objective of not doing it? There is no chance to receive a prize, there are no dice rolls, there are not almost people... transfer the character and forget about the server until the next season. You can play permadeath on your own server if that's what motivates you.

I didn't even know the server was still available.
First-time favor rewards on the Hardcore Server, I'd assume. Those reset with every season, so you can get a half-decent amount of DDO Points if you keep playing for a while after the main season ends.

Cordovan

Community Manager
The Hardcore server should definitely be closed by now, we'll have to get it shut down immediately. Sorry we left it open longer than intended.

C-Dog

Did you ever give formal notice? (I couldn't find it easily...)

If not, maybe do so and leave it up for a couple days, just pro forma?

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Did you ever give formal notice? (I couldn't find it easily...)

If not, maybe do so and leave it up for a couple days, just pro forma?

You mean the notice they gave 1 1/2 months ago when the season ended?

Reminder that the 8th Season of the Hardcore League runs through Tuesday, July 18th, shutting down with maintenance on Wednesday, July 19th (~9am Eastern). The After Party begins when we return from maintenance and runs through August 15th!

Make sure to spend your Hardcore server Astral Shard balances prior to the end of the season.

Cordovan

Community Manager
Yes, the after party was intended to end on August 15th, although it looks like the server has been available beyond that date due to not being properly closed automatically after restarts. We will get this server closed, as we do need it for other things.

PurpleSerpent

Yes, the after party was intended to end on August 15th, although it looks like the server has been available beyond that date due to not being properly closed automatically after restarts. We will get this server closed, as we do need it for other things.
Could we have an exact date on this? It looks like everyone with a character left on there needs to jump ship ASAP.

PurpleSerpent

You had until August 15th of this year, get your characters off now. Thankfully, there are only a few of you still logging in.
Understood. Doesn't affect me, but I wanted to put a warning up on the wiki.

(To be fair, anyone still there is three weeks into borrowed time already, so I suppose fixing a second date is sort of irrelevant...)