The new class forums have some issues.

Matuse

Issue 1- No Favored Soul or Fighter subforums exist.
Issue 2- There should not be specific subforums for archetypes.
Issue 3- There should not be specific subforums for every Iconic.

The list of subforums is simultaneously far too long and ridiculous, and also missing stuff.

Last edited:

Matuse

Oops on the Fighter/Favored Soul, will re-add it. If people feel archetypes and iconics shouldn't be included that would be a change I could make. I figured since Classes were mostly about builds it made sense.
I think the issue I have is that there isn't enough difference between the archetypes and the main class to warrant their own forums, and people can just put [archetype name here] in their thread title. I'm thinking in terms of how active the old class forums were, which was "not very" for most of them, and diluting a small post count into multiple threads. I don't believe that condensing them somewhat would be too much clutter within them.

Yhelm

Having Archetypes with the "parent" class would make things a lot easier for posting and searching for ideas. Often when coming up with what to play next you are just not sure which flavor (original or extra crunchy) you want to choose.

Eltronin

Kobolds don't matter
Keep the Archetypes. When clicking on the main class, have two sub threads show up. Main class and archetype. Both would then be under the main class and easy to find for newer players looking for different builds.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Oops on the Fighter/Favored Soul, will re-add it. If people feel archetypes and iconics shouldn't be included that would be a change I could make. I figured since Classes were mostly about builds it made sense.
Given that the builds for iconics and archetypes can be vastly different, there's no reason not the have specific space for them to make it easy to find those builds.

axel15810

I agree with not adding separate forums for archetypes. Just put them in the main class forum. The class forums were already low in activity and archetypes are similar enough to be included with the main class. It'll be more convenient to have all the builds together in one class forum rather than separated. As for iconics definitely no need for their own forum either IMO.

Panda

Rabble-Rouser
I agree. I am trying to plan out a new build, and will be using those areas to help with that over the weekend.
I think Axel makes a good point too, if I had to choose between the two it might make more sense to roll iconics into their base class, since we really weren't getting so many posts in the first place. Lord knows it was kind of tough to find other's up to date build ideas before.

droid327

I'd also repeat the suggestion I made on the old forums and have a section for Universal Trees too. Those (or at least some of those) can define builds as much as any class split does.

Lazuli

I agree with not adding separate forums for archetypes. Just put them in the main class forum. The class forums were already low in activity and archetypes are similar enough to be included with the main class. It'll be more convenient to have all the builds together in one class forum rather than separated. As for iconics definitely no need for their own forum either IMO.
I agree. In addition, too many forums are also a nuisance and complicate when looking for information.

Cordovan

Community Manager
I think I'd be interested in giving the current list a try and see what happens. If the Archetype and Iconic forums don't get used, we'll ditch them and roll them into the main class subforums.

Eltronin

Kobolds don't matter
I'd also repeat the suggestion I made on the old forums and have a section for Universal Trees too. Those (or at least some of those) can define builds as much as any class split does.
That's one 1 idea I wouldn't agree on. Universal trees are not classes or races and each class/race can use a universal tree. Doesn't make any sense.

droid327

That's one 1 idea I wouldn't agree on. Universal trees are not classes or races and each class/race can use a universal tree. Doesn't make any sense.
In effect they kinda are, though. Inqui builds, e.g., are defined far more by the Inqui tree than whatever their class trees are. If you have, say, a Rogue/Ranger Inqui, and a Wiz EK Inqui, and an Alch Inqui, they're all more related to each other than to their respective classes, and that's what new players would be looking for rather than searching each individual Class forum for the Inqui variants.