The New Trap Alerts Need Toggle!

MysticDragon___Littlemama

Since 2007 "We're supposed to know stuff??"
yes, please allow us to toggle this, I might use it on hardcore .. some peeps may like it, some don't ..
I agree is a bit much on the comic book style, not really fitting into the graphics of the game.
I almost expected to see the old Batman tv series bubbles pop up with 'BAM' 'WHACK' 'SLAM' during mob fights with it when I first saw the graphics.. lol.. 👀

Drunken.dx

I would nuke them from orbit, but there should at the very least be an option to turn them off/revert back to the old notification.
In my experience often you only get ! mark above head that you spotted trap, old notification in buff bar does not appear at all.

i'd like to see that trap's been spotted even after 3 seconds pass, thank you.

DreamingReality

I think the thing I most object to is that it doesn't look like DDO. I play with sounds off most of the time, so I don't know about that, but I would find it less objectionable if the icon that appeared looked more like a sorcerer's spell and less like something out of Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Memnir

The new versions feel like a troll upon the players. I'm sure I'm wrong about that - I doubt it's deliberate. But, they feel incredibly jarring in just how visually and audibly wrong they seem in comparison to the rest of the game.

I like the new system because the old one made it easy to miss trap alerts if a lot of other things were happening too.

That said, I’m not quite sure why they made it so other players would see and hear it too.

For that one reason alone there should be a toggle to turn it off.

Moeballah

I'm a Trapper, and I Hate everything about the new alerts.
I think the audio alert is a good idea, but the sound the used in BAD!
The visual alerts are horribly cartoonish and ugly. Also to big.
I find that the Alerts block my vision.

T.O.

I was running some quests on my trapper yesterday with 2 other trappers. I turned sound off.

Savage

Phoenicis' Wife
I like it a lot. Can't miss a trap anymore. Sometimes I run through a dungeon with my thoughts wandering off and then run in a trap, that's not happening anymore now, thanks to the new alert.

T.O.

I like it a lot. Can't miss a trap anymore. Sometimes I run through a dungeon with my thoughts wandering off and then run in a trap, that's not happening anymore now, thanks to the new alert.
That's great. I just want to toggle the sound off.

ACJ97F

Please give us an option to disable the extremely large, loud and cartoony trap warnings! They are disrupting my ability to enjoy the game, thanks.
It's beyond horrible, and I'm not even a rogue. My FvS sees it, too. It's like a cowbell attached to an [insert visual here]. Needs a toggle OFF option, badly. You managed to be the first game in history to have "Trying to level so my character is too stupid to detect a Trap DC" as a reason for XP. So, yeah.. grats on that.

Last edited:

Mary

Considering traps kill more players than anything else in Hardcore DDO it will be interesting to see if the new larger images and sounds, help. I am a fan and I agree they should have an on/off for the sound and a slider for how big the ! is - personally, I would use the slider to make the images very big as my screen is very large and sometimes I miss it the old warnings. These I like much better.