The Vistani Mach R-O-B-O-T (Vistani Machrotech Renegade Offensive Budget Off Tank) A Melee Artificer for R8+ questing

Bardo

Sooo I tried to build a fresh bladeforged iconic for this build. I'd like to share a few thoughts about it if that's ok, and maybe also you could point what I'm doing wrong, in case I'm doing something absolutely wrong (I checked first your 1st life version of this guide):

I chose sacred fist over paladin, because core 1 and 2 in sacred fist seemed to be better than the KotC ones (I used the Lesser Reincarnation heart to choose SF instead Paladin at lvl 1). Also, at SF level 2 you get Evasion. Got IC: Piercing as I'm aiming to use a Golden Cursed Dagger. You can take Exalted Whirlwind in SF enhancement tree, so I think there is no need to buy Cleave feat, and I skipped the 13 STR for Power Attack, and put those points in CHA. (I assumed you want the 13 STR for Power Attack and you want PA to get Cleave feat). I took Thougness instead of PA.

Any suggestions on changes (or a fully fleshed build by anyone more experienced) would be welcome.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
15/3/2 bladeforged would work with a first lifer? could I run effective elite or low reaper solo with this? I have almost everything unlocked in the game, just too casual to TR
Elite and till r1-4 wont be a problem

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Sooo I tried to build a fresh bladeforged iconic for this build. I'd like to share a few thoughts about it if that's ok, and maybe also you could point what I'm doing wrong, in case I'm doing something absolutely wrong (I checked first your 1st life version of this guide):

I chose sacred fist over paladin, because core 1 and 2 in sacred fist seemed to be better than the KotC ones (I used the Lesser Reincarnation heart to choose SF instead Paladin at lvl 1). Also, at SF level 2 you get Evasion. Got IC: Piercing as I'm aiming to use a Golden Cursed Dagger. You can take Exalted Whirlwind in SF enhancement tree, so I think there is no need to buy Cleave feat, and I skipped the 13 STR for Power Attack, and put those points in CHA. (I assumed you want the 13 STR for Power Attack and you want PA to get Cleave feat). I took Thougness instead of PA.

Any suggestions on changes (or a fully fleshed build by anyone more experienced) would be welcome.
Precision -Dodge - Mobility - Whirlwind Attack also a way to go I just prefer the PA -Cleaves line for myself.
If you want evasion you cant take adamantine body and you will lose lots of ac/prr since RMM tree offers bonuses if you are in med/heavy armor or docent.
How will your ench tree setup look like? 24 vistani/7 SF/7Harper/rest RMM ??? or you got T5 Vistani 41/7SF/7Harper/Rest RMM ???

For heroic leveling it can be good or even better than the original build. For endgame it will be weaker.

Last edited:

Bardo

To compensate the lose of heavy/medium armor I guess I could use Sacred Defender tree. Honestly I don't know how to make the enhancements points fit. My endgame goal would be run to solo R1, remeber, first life with a Golden Cursed Dagger.
I also have a deep gnome and was going to level him using your first version 17 arti/ 1 wiz/ 2 ftr, it's just I can't figure out which one would be better for my purpose. Thanks for the reply, though!

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
To compensate the lose of heavy/medium armor I guess I could use Sacred Defender tree. Honestly I don't know how to make the enhancements points fit. My endgame goal would be run to solo R1, remeber, first life with a Golden Cursed Dagger.
I also have a deep gnome and was going to level him using your first version 17 arti/ 1 wiz/ 2 ftr, it's just I can't figure out which one would be better for my purpose. Thanks for the reply, though!
R1 will be fine on both variant

Asterphen

Before the server issues I threw my dealt myself three curses to throw on my gear set for my character. I ended up with +2 charisma, +2 to bluff, and +1 to disable device and open lock. Two of them make almost no difference and the third is negligible.

Looking a the set posted, I can't help feel a little jealous:
+2 to spot and true seeing on a raid helm (minor benefit, but not a huge difference)
curse of the power of the mind on a raid ring (pretty nice curse for this build)
curse of the tactician on the other raid ring (certainly helpful, but nothing to write home about)
deathblock on the raid gloves (again helpful, but not major)
dodge bypass on the raid kukri (eh... again helpful but not great)
and +1 evocation on the raid runearm (really nice curse for this build)

So of your 6 raid items, all seem to be beneficial with at least two being really good.

I feel that i ended with less than 30% odds of the curses helping me out, and you did much better than that. Just for perspective and expectation, I am wondering if your deck pulls were silly lucky, or it took multiple raid items and attempts till you ended with a combo of a riad item and curse combo?

Also, I know you were running with the handaxe from fire over morgrave with the upgrades. I am assuming that you are still running with the same set up and just changing the weapon. Vistani enhancements aren't built for handaxes, but all the boosts still work, just not the bonuses to attack and damage, and the dread set was not dependent upon your attuned kukri.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Before the server issues I threw my dealt myself three curses to throw on my gear set for my character. I ended up with +2 charisma, +2 to bluff, and +1 to disable device and open lock. Two of them make almost no difference and the third is negligible.

Looking a the set posted, I can't help feel a little jealous:
+2 to spot and true seeing on a raid helm (minor benefit, but not a huge difference)
curse of the power of the mind on a raid ring (pretty nice curse for this build)
curse of the tactician on the other raid ring (certainly helpful, but nothing to write home about)
deathblock on the raid gloves (again helpful, but not major)
dodge bypass on the raid kukri (eh... again helpful but not great)
and +1 evocation on the raid runearm (really nice curse for this build)

So of your 6 raid items, all seem to be beneficial with at least two being really good.

I feel that i ended with less than 30% odds of the curses helping me out, and you did much better than that. Just for perspective and expectation, I am wondering if your deck pulls were silly lucky, or it took multiple raid items and attempts till you ended with a combo of a riad item and curse combo?

Also, I know you were running with the handaxe from fire over morgrave with the upgrades. I am assuming that you are still running with the same set up and just changing the weapon. Vistani enhancements aren't built for handaxes, but all the boosts still work, just not the bonuses to attack and damage, and the dread set was not dependent upon your attuned kukri.
I was extremly lucky at the begining with the curses. Got a bunch of useful curses for my build. Some Items I had to farm again and again and again till I got I wanted (like 20 dino runearms, 6-8 KT gloves, 10+ dino belt artifact and so on)
I can say it was a mixture of great luck and endless grind.

I never used handaxe for this build. From the beginning till Vistani update I used daggers and switched to kukri when it was possible.

Huono

For leveling anything could work. And yes you can checkbthe AH for double slotted items to craft.

Non raid gear cap set:

Eyes: Legendary Eternal Flameguard Lenses (Deathblock)
Head: Titanias Glory (+20 Accuracy)
Neck: Legendary Family Recruit Sigil (Feather fall)
Trinket: Slavers Sheltering / Spell Lore Repair / Repair / Quality Int (+12 Charima)
Cloak: Legendary Cloak of Winter (+10 Protection)
Waist: Legendary Belt of Sure Strikes (Greater Heroism)
Swap Ring: Legendary Lionheart Ring (Essence of the Epic Litany of the Dead)
Hand: Legendary Hammerfist (Good Luck +2)
Feet: Legendary Deep Snow Boots
Ring: Dino Ring: +15 Int / Deception +12 / Sunder / +12 Resistance (+2 Festive Int / +5 Insightful Int / True Globe)
Wrists: Adamantine Bracers (+12 Natural Armor)
Body: Legendary Enforcers Plate (+12 Con)

Weapon:
Legendary Gold Cursed Dagger (Deconstructor / Repair SP)
or
Legendary Greenstone Dagger (Repair SP)

Swap Weapon to proc Enhanced Bloodrage: LegendaryDagger of the Liturgist

Offhand: Legendary Necronomicannon (+19 Intimidate)

Any suggestions on what to replace the Feytwisted items with? I am having real trouble getting them to appear (3+ hours and seen 1).

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Any suggestions on what to replace the Feytwisted items with? I am having real trouble getting them to appear (3+ hours and seen 1).

Legendary Crown of Fireflies https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Legendary_Crown_of_Fireflies if you want to keep the +30 MRR Artifact bonus.

or

Aspect of the Wild Hunt https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Aspect_of_the_Wild_Hunt but it is a DnD raid item.

Otherwise you can use any helmet you find till you find Titania's.

You can use cold iron bracers just you need to slot a repair amp augment into your set.

JustHavingFunBro

I feel like my PRR is extremely low. I am only level 16, but my PRR is only 80. Will it dramatically increase in epics/Legendary? Or are you just getting a bunch of PRR from gear and sets, which I am sure I do not have.

Thanks.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
I feel like my PRR is extremely low. I am only level 16, but my PRR is only 80. Will it dramatically increase in epics/Legendary? Or are you just getting a bunch of PRR from gear and sets, which I am sure I do not have.

Thanks.
Some of the PRR comes from epic past lifes.
On my 1st lifer at lvl 15 I had 81 PRR with the lvl 15 gear I posted so I think you ok.
Epic Destinies will grant you lots of defense too.
My 1st lifer variant got 250-270 PRR at cap IIRC.

Last edited:

Warned

I am trying the build out with a few changes, would like to hear your thoughts on them:
I removed all spell DC boosts, since I wasn't reaching my desired DC for high Rs anyway.
Items were replaced a bit, to use the Vecna Forbidden set+Snow set. Currently farming for a regular dino docent which should complete the build item-wise.
Took the displacement on Action Boost from LD.
Replaced SD points (since I now have only 10) with Fury and Quick Cutter coupled with the movement skill from there.
Took perma-haste for the convenience instead of Wiz PL.

This brings me to raw effective health of about 50K in Reapers with 100% uptime, 100K when using barrier. was wondering if your 200K+ calculation included AC. If so, I should be well above it, while mostly just sacrificing spell DCs, which I felt weren't really hitting anyway. If not, how are you reaching that AC if you don't mind me asking?

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
I am trying the build out with a few changes, would like to hear your thoughts on them:
I removed all spell DC boosts, since I wasn't reaching my desired DC for high Rs anyway.
Items were replaced a bit, to use the Vecna Forbidden set+Snow set. Currently farming for a regular dino docent which should complete the build item-wise.
Took the displacement on Action Boost from LD.
Replaced SD points (since I now have only 10) with Fury and Quick Cutter coupled with the movement skill from there.
Took perma-haste for the convenience instead of Wiz PL.

This brings me to raw effective health of about 50K in Reapers with 100% uptime, 100K when using barrier. was wondering if your 200K+ calculation included AC. If so, I should be well above it, while mostly just sacrificing spell DCs, which I felt weren't really hitting anyway. If not, how are you reaching that AC if you don't mind me asking?
If you can maintain your ac/prr/melee power above 300 any gear set or feat/enhancement/etc changes will be ok. I've played this build with many variations also without Tactical Detonation for years and was fun but I always missed 1 more crowd controll effect beside Dire Charge or Mighty Slam.
If your changes suit better for your playstyle then do those. If you have fun with it those are good changes.
I play this build on my main who is epic completionist, 1 time heroic completionist and got 200+ reaper points. Also min maxed his gearset so lots of extras come from there.
The 200k efective HP is a bit oldish but I think I was fully selfbuffed with displacement on and radiant forcfield active, etc. (Show off :) )
The AC breakdow I can give you later cause Zvd is lvl 5 atm.