Third Times the Charm - Donate your shinies for the 3rd fab Orien raffle 2024

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Dear fellow Orienites,
the stars aligned and the Orien Raiding Discord will yet again host a serverwide raffle for the community. We started this in 2020 for the 1st anniversary of the Orien Raiding Discord (ORD) and since it was very successful we repeated it in 2022 with even more prizes and participants. Since the 2 year mark is up again and DnD celebrates its 50th anniverary it seems to be a good time to host another one.

But I need your help to pull this off.
1) I need your shinies! Please donate whatever you think others might need and you can spare so we can make this as big a success as the past years. Orienites were always a generous bunch of people, make us proud.
2) Spread the word. Please tell your friends, guildies and random people about this.

Schedule
16th - 29th of February - Gathering Donations - give us your shinies
1st - 4th of March - 1st round of raffle
15th - 18th of March - 2nd round of raffle

We use a shortlink to this forum post. https://tinyurl.com/preview/orienraffle To make it secure there is a preview what the destination is.

+++ Rules +++
Every member of the Orien Raiding Discord with the exception of the management and the organizers can participate in the raffle. Join the discord here ORD
You need to have a character on Orien and provide us with the name when you win a prize and we will contact you. If this character exist we will agree on a time and day in a 48 hour span to meet up and trade your prize. We won't send the prizes via mail because we don't want it to get lost. So if the character doesn't exist the prize wanders back into the raffle. Every donation is documented as well as every recipient.
A bot will execute the actual raffle.

+++ How to donate +++
Raffleherald or someone from the Raffleteam (Bridgewater, Katalissa, Ronko or me Titus) will announce the Raffle via lfm.
We would appreciate it, if you don't file an ingame complaint against us for this. We try to reach all and every player on Orien and not only the discord members and we use every channel there is.
We setup f2p accounts for donations. Please send your shinies to
Rafflehoard and
Rafflemail
from the 16th until the end of February, to be precise the 29th.

+++ How to participate? +++
Depending on how the preparations are going I hope to open the raffle on the 1st until the 4th of march. A second possible weekend is the 15th to the 18th of march. This might change, it depends on the donations received. Maybe we do a whole week, maybe a 3rd weekend.

#1 Be a member on the Orien Raiding Discord
#2 Enter the channel named #raffleroom (does not exist yet)
#3 The single raffles will be executed with the help of a bot looking like this:

enroll-example.jpg

#4 If you want to enroll/participate in that raffle, click the party popper reaction at the bottom.
#5 The bot counts down and announces the winners when the time is over. There will be different duration times.
#6 If you are a lucky winner, you will get contacted by a member of the raffle execution team via discord. You can contact us, as well of course.
#7 You have to name us a character on Orien. If this character exists we will agree on a time and day to meet up and trade your prize. We won't send the prizes via mail because we don't want it to get lost. And we will make screenshots of the trade.
#8 If you want to get pinged in discord for each round, type -role raffle in #offtopic-and-bot on the discord.

The bundles and their content will be published in this thread as well as the winners.

+++ Ideas what to donate +++

- Any type of store code, if you have one.
- ingame tradeables:
https://ddowiki.com/page/Category:Unbound
- unbound Items (Ioun Stones Silver Longbow, Jeweled Cloak, Alchemical Weapons,...)
- Mats (CC mats/shards/bases, thunderholme, Slavers, Sharn, Heroic Shroud, Adamantine Ores, Omnispell Dust/Stones, ...)
- Cursed Cards
- Eberron Dragonshards
- Potions and Cookies (Eveningstar, Mnemonic Enhancer, Deathward, GH, Radiant Forcefield, Rising Fury, Greater Vigor...)
- Rare scrolls like Dim Door or Radiant Forcefield for example
- Jewelers Kits
- Senient XP
- Tomes
- Bigbies
- Necro IV fragments / shields
- Augments
- Filigrees
- Pet Certificates
- Otto's Boxes/Stones
- Art work (guild logo, character portrait, custom UI, ...)
- ???

Stay tuned for more information!!!

Cheers,
Titus

Last edited:

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Donors

- Sarghi
- Blighttongue
- Jaimmee
- Titus
- Loegin
- Haluk
- Waterstones
- Kruemeli
- Luckyday
- Moistenuff
- Christhemiss
- Zanerion
- Montypyton
- Boozegulper
- Cruxader
- [censored]
- Caeelyenius
- Khrandok /TavernTails
- Windmillcat
- LeoLionxyz
- Rubbel
- Rroarr
- JJMcQuade
- Lursana
- Syken
- Torimi
- Worngaarth
- Trese
- VonTozz
- Seekn
- Kozma
- Devrau
- Naargul
- Thazara
- Dkkd
- Callisthenes
- Emphyrical
- Comfy
- Huegoe
- Wanzer
- Lagwipe
- Gryben
- Salutations
- Willfried
- Yolt
- Imabadplayer
- [redacted]
- Nezzie
- Wamdalee
- Chrisssy
- Kolitsafra
- Godmundr
- Yuriku
- Eoin
- Ghostsaint
- Magmala
- Germanicus
- Geo
- Maverous
- Ronko
- Nyxian
- Soko Irrlicht
- Keithd
- Qif
- Quackerjack
- Acider
- Zavina
- Lurea
- Erofen
- Cuyar
- Divinepath
- Katalissa
- Keybreaker
- Maze

Last edited:

FatBudScream

Keeper of Kebabs
You have my support.
I can give away a whole nation and its players for free - but its cheaper than it appears.
I'll feed your hoard with shinies.

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
I am sorry to say that SSG won't support this event - maybe one of the biggest fan events in the game - with any donation whatsoever. They did it in the past but don't see the value in such a community event nowadays, I guess. Suffice to say that this is a big disappointment.
I reached out to other companies but since DDO is not their baby I doubt I get external donations.

So this will be all us, the players, that keep this game alive. So please think outside the box what a possible donation can be. Maybe you are good at artwork and can create a guild logo or even a guild UI.
I am looking into other possibilities like gifting someone an amazon or steam card. If you have any ideas, please post them here to inspire others.

Cheers,
Titus

FatBudScream

Keeper of Kebabs
You need more people to make a buzz about it, good initiatives are seen and supported when they go in the right direction and are wildly popular; like this one.
Let's make advertising inside and outside DDO forums.

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Four lovley people have taken pity on me and are helping me to pull this off. I added their names to the original post.
Thank you for your support, guys and gals.

Donations start at the 16th. Please spread the word about this event. Everyone can participate. Please only donate to the mentioned names in the 1st post.

Cheers,
Titus

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Yes, Donations start at the 16th but we are already receiving some. So I opened the Donors post. The Donors will be posted as a thread on the ORD, too. Honour to whom honour is due. I bow to your generosity. Keep the donations coming.

Cheers,
Titus

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Dear Orienites,

the official donation period starts tomorrow Friday the 16th but we did get some shinies already among other things a Heroic Otto's Box and a Traveler's Trunk, a bunch of Tomes and other knick knack. I am pretty hopeful that we can label this raffle fabulous at the end and we did it all on our own.
Thanks to the donors!

Cheers,
Titus and the Raffleteam

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
It is a wall of text, I know. I added a schedule so you know in which state we are in at the moment. Please feel free to contact me or someone from the team ingame or discord or here to explain it to you further or shorter or ... whatever is needed.

Cheers,
Titus

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
16th - 29th of February - Gathering Donations - give us your shinies
We prepared the bank, we prepared the inventory, we ran Coin Lord favor, in short: we are ready to receive your donations.
Please send to Rafflehoard or Rafflemail.
Thanks a bunch.

Cheers,
Titus and the Raffleteam

Last edited:

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
We are off to a great start. We reached 175 donations already.
Thanks to the Donors!

Cheers,
Titus and the Raffleteam

Last edited:

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
So the donations are looking good so far. I am pretty sure we can do 1 weekend already. But I'd like to encourage all to have a look at your bank toons. Maybe you need space and someone else needs your shinie.
Or you can offer your real life skill to offer a different prize. I am locking for guild themed mug for example.
And please, spread the word so everyone has a chance to participate.

Cheers,
Titus

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Hear hear!
We reached 399 donations as of now!
Sweet things, little things, big things, bling blings, ...

Thank you to all donors so far. You are a great bunch!

Cheers,
Titus

Last edited:

mordek

I am sorry to say that SSG won't support this event - maybe one of the biggest fan events in the game - with any donation whatsoever. They did it in the past but don't see the value in such a community event nowadays, I guess. Suffice to say that this is a big disappointment.
I reached out to other companies but since DDO is not their baby I doubt I get external donations.

SSG not supporting their player base? What a shock...

Hobgoblin

Please don't be a d bag and report them.... This is bringing in a lot of goodwill to people so let's pretend we're actually decent human beings and support it. If you can't support it then just ignore it

Titus Ovid

Mover and Shaker
Too late, the lfm account got banned. I appealed because I followed their (GM/SSG) suggestions and still got banned. Since this is Friday I don't expect any reaction until Monday or Tuesday.
Please help us out and promote this event in your discords, guild forums and even game parties, whatever platform you can think of.

A big thanks to all those who support this. You are the best!

Cheers,
Titus

Cordovan

Community Manager

So this will be all us, the players, that keep this game alive. So please think outside the box what a possible donation can be. Maybe you are good at artwork and can create a guild logo or even a guild UI.
I am looking into other possibilities like gifting someone an amazon or steam card. If you have any ideas, please post them here to inspire others.

Cheers,
Titus
As I explained to you prior to your public post, and previously the last time you asked for codes for your private Discord-specific giveaway, we are not providing free codes for Discord-only events. We are happy to support player-run events that take place inside of the game. There was a time when I began offering small point codes to private Discords, but their main purpose became trying to out-compete other Discords for membership, and ultimately I received so many reach-outs for private Discord giveaways that it became something we no longer wished to get involved with. It also became a source of drama as people wondered why we were picking Discord winners and losers. This is the case for all Discords in both DDO and LOTRO. If your giveaways happen inside of the game rather than requiring membership of your Discord, we are happy as always to support it.