Thought Exercise: Player Kills

Is there an efficient and effective way to kill another player?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
If I wanted to kill another player, what are some of the best ways (and simplest) ways to do this?

I ask because we were on Temple of the Deathwyrm and a whole bunch of people needed a backpack ride for the jumping portion.

Which got me thinking... how does one efficiently kill another player? I mean is there some wierd ways you can think of any?

Mickeymouse

find out where they live, and blow smoke near or preferably at em. they will surely perish of second hand smoking in 2 decades or so, best of it all you will come off scot.free.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Which got me thinking... how does one efficiently kill another player? I mean is there some wierd ways you can think of any?
You don't kill other players. The only weird ways would be friendly fire bugs and doing so on purpose would likely fall into exploiting or griefing.

LeoLionxxx

Lion of Orien
If I wanted to kill another player, what are some of the best ways (and simplest) ways to do this?

I ask because we were on Temple of the Deathwyrm and a whole bunch of people needed a backpack ride for the jumping portion.

No active grifeing/exploits to kill other players that I know of.

In this specific case, the good way for a character to kill themselves is to go stand in a laser.

cdbd3rd

Just like traps, where the code asks our character to politely kill itself when it dies in a trap (~Lil/Tonq)

Politely ask said character to perform a /death.

Col Kurtz

Just like traps, where the code asks our character to politely kill itself when it dies in a trap (~Lil/Tonq)

Politely ask said character to perform a /death.
well, based on the Forum, i'd expect Suicide to have the highest death rate by players:) .... someone cue in some Ozzy for us please;)

Mordenkainen

/death OMG.. if this works I'll be so mad. We're were stuck down there for 30 minutes figuring out how to kill our characters.

But I hink the lazer trick works. Again, we're newbs all brand new to raiding.

• Haha
Reactions: DBZ

PurpleSerpent

Monster Hunter of Moderate Renown

Well... I guess you could always mess up the Dragon's quiz in Litany of the Dead on purpose? Heck, I think you can force everyone to restart the whole quest that way.

P.S. Please don't do this.

Mordenkainen

Well... I guess you could always mess up the Dragon's quiz in Litany of the Dead on purpose? Heck, I think you can force everyone to restart the whole quest that way.

P.S. Please don't do this.
Yeah.. uh this is quest griefing.

We just want a ride up the jumpy tower because the game is so damn laggy.

axel15810

In deathwyrm the best way is to have their character go to the 1st room and stand in the light beam.

Mordenkainen

In deathwyrm the best way is to have their character go to the 1st room and stand in the light beam.
Yep. Got this, now we know.

finger-quotes.gif