top chain builds atm?

Aggy

Most swash builds use hand axe would you still go so much Vistani?

I will admit I am too lazy to do the math it is a lot of MP.
sooo many ways to build a character. I must admit I'm not sure anymore since I played a bunch of very similar builds and they now kind of blend together in my memory. I know I had the vistani buff at least. I like Vistani for the double strike, haste boost, the core 5 buff, the defenses and obviously the capstone.

Theoretically with a +2 universal tome you have 41 AP left after 41 points in Vistani.
you need to spend 6 AP iirc for swashbluckling stance leaving you with 35 points for DL or Frenzy. May or may not be enough to get everything from Tier 5 that you want/need. For Frenzy B version you want 33 points, for DL you could get away with 35 if you skip the dragon flight.

Thinking about it I did use a buckler (12 AP?), so from my own napkin math that wouldn't leave enough AP for the Vistani capstone.

Mokune

Gonna Roll up a DG, for an alt to get PL. 1 Wiz/3AoTS/16Arti, Get Chain Blast (probably cone too but...) RMM T5 0ASF with Heavy Armor, Repair Aura with Construct Essence etc etc

Chain the oly ell outta everything...

Hoping Runearm charges while Eldritchly Blasting LMAO

Reactions: DBZ

Ying

5000+ hours played
A guildy is running Dragon Lord 12/Rogue 5/Monk 3 with kukris and is tearing up R10. He's half-elf for the Ranger dilletante, T5 DL, T3 VKF and T5 LD. You could certainly go SDK chains instead if you wanted.

Weaponalpha

improved uncanny dont increase dodge cap right? whats so important about it?

Sarlona Raiding

improved uncanny dont increase dodge cap right? whats so important about it?
It does increase the cap and dodge is the only defense that doesn't scale with skull which is why it's so highly valued and included in so many builds. You can use improved uncanny dodge and follow that up with hood of unrest clickly for 45 seconds of 95% dodge. It's arguably a broken and highly exploited mechanic for R10 but the devs can't really fix it without angering a large part of the community that rely on it, including the most vocal members of the community. It's not likely to change soon.

AC isn't as effective for reaper raiding, but I find for for R10 questing a high armor class is quite effective and improved uncanny dodge is less important, but certainly never unimportant.

unbongwah

Theoretically with a +2 universal tome you have 41 AP left after 41 points in Vistani.
you need to spend 6 AP iirc for swashbluckling stance leaving you with 35 points for DL or Frenzy. May or may not be enough to get everything from Tier 5 that you want/need. For Frenzy B version you want 33 points, for DL you could get away with 35 if you skip the dragon flight.
Let's say you went STR-based (with enough DEX to take Improved Sneak Attack) so you could use DL's Battle Trance + Precision. What you want on a 12 rogue / 5 Dragon Lord / 3 bard split:
  • 41 Vistani for +5% attack speed and +20 Melee Power
  • 33 Dragon Lord for +2 crit multiplier and +25% HPs
  • 17 SDK for Greater Chain Attack
  • 12 Swashbuckler for Resonant Arms and Skirmisher (or Dashing Scoundrel)
Problem is that's a total of 103 APs so something obviously has to give. Fortunately the Vistani investment is entirely optional; 11 APs gets you +5% doublestrike and couple other perks, leaving plenty of APs for, say, Assassin (more sneak attacks + 3 Imbue dice).

EinarMal

Let's say you went STR-based (with enough DEX to take Improved Sneak Attack) so you could use DL's Battle Trance + Precision. What you want on a 12 rogue / 5 Dragon Lord / 3 bard split:
  • 41 Vistani for +5% attack speed and +20 Melee Power
  • 33 Dragon Lord for +2 crit multiplier and +25% HPs
  • 17 SDK for Greater Chain Attack
  • 12 Swashbuckler for Resonant Arms and Skirmisher (or Dashing Scoundrel)
Problem is that's a total of 103 APs so something obviously has to give. Fortunately the Vistani investment is entirely optional; 11 APs gets you +5% doublestrike and couple other perks, leaving plenty of APs for, say, Assassin (more sneak attacks + 3 Imbue dice).
I wrote up for SDK Rogue 12/ DL 5/ Bard 3 strength based hand axe.

Enhancements (98)
Dragonlord 40
Racial 18
Assasian 23
Swashbuckler 14
Thief Acrobat 3

But I never actually ran it.

Last edited:

EinarMal

A guildy is running Dragon Lord 12/Rogue 5/Monk 3 with kukris and is tearing up R10. He's half-elf for the Ranger dilletante, T5 DL, T3 VKF and T5 LD. You could certainly go SDK chains instead if you wanted.

This sounds interesting to me how close is this you think? Any suggestions on the other two epic feats, weapon focus/spec more tactics DC?

(SDK LG Dragonlord 12/Rogue 5/Monk 3)

Str 18
Dex 10
Con 18
Int 12
Wis 8
Cha 6

Progression:
1-Rogue
2 thru 13-Dragonlord
14 thru 16-Monk
17 thru 20-Rogue

Enhancements (98)
Dragonlord 40
Racial 18
Vistani 24
Assassin 12
Acrobat 3
Henshin 1

Epic Destiny (75)
Dreadnaught 35
GMoF 29
Shadowdancer 11

Feats: (7 +5 FB +2DL Aura)
1-SWF
2-(DL) Thraxata's Instinct
3-Dodge
3-(FB) Mobility
5-(FB) Whirlwind Attack
6-Precision
7-(FB) ISWF
9-IC Slashing
9-(DL) Velah's Fury
11-(FB) Offhand Versatility
12-GSWF
13-(FB) Spring Attack
15-Adapt of Forms
18-Master of Forms
21-OC
22-PSWF
24-Grandmaster of Forms
25-Crush Weakness
27-?
28-Embodiment of Law
30-?
30-Scion of Arborea
31-Doublestrike

Ying

5000+ hours played
I dont have details other than what I posted, but that looks pretty reasonable.

Cheeps

Tired Member
Is this a thread compilation of builds that are going to get a nerf, I mean a "pass", next update?

• Love

wardestroyer

What does the Ranger dilletante aggregate here?