Tumble is gone, rest in peace fun DDO :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarandra

Our guild's Message of the Day.

I railed against the excess that was tumble, but dang, don't nerf it like this! There is no more tumbling!

Jump out of the way twice? That is not enough for the use cases I used it in combat. What it is now, is practically unusable. Big fail!

Lacci

I´m honestly surprised that tumble seems to be that important.
I practically never used it. Like, it´s a bit clunky to use and paired with the lag, it never helped me avoid any form of damage anyway.

Speed

Jump out of the way twice? That is not enough for the use cases I used it in combat.

Jump is more effective evasion when Feather Fall is turned off, otherwise it slows you down and it takes longer before you reach ground.

it never helped me avoid any form of damage anyway.

Timing (and points in skill) matters just like evading projectile physics or trap.

Dom

Our guild's Message of the Day.

I railed against the excess that was tumble, but dang, don't nerf it like this! There is no more tumbling!

Jump out of the way twice? That is not enough for the use cases I used it in combat. What it is now, is practically unusable. Big fail!
I love how SSG's solution to the problem that THEY implemented on their own was to completely nerf tumble. Why not just add the new dodge changes but remove the "experimental tumble controls" option so that tumble was the way it used to be? Crazy logic, I know.

RIP Bards - can't wait to see bards taking 187683 minutes to buff the party.

Ellisaria

RIP Bards - can't wait to see bards taking 187683 minutes to buff the party.
Could make Buff song apply to everyone in the bard's aura rang? Everyone hears the fiddle spam if their volume is on anyway, is there really a need to serenade 12 people individually? If that's 'too strong' maybe reduce the number of base songs, but tbh I dont see many using fascinate or dance songs.

Sarandra

Jump is more effective evasion when Feather Fall is turned off, otherwise it slows you down and it takes longer before you reach ground.

Timing (and points in skill) matters just like evading projectile physics or trap.
I meant tumble out of the way, obviously... Seriously.

PersonMan

Could make Buff song apply to everyone in the bard's aura rang? Everyone hears the fiddle spam if their volume is on anyway, is there really a need to serenade 12 people individually? If that's 'too strong' maybe reduce the number of base songs, but tbh I dont see many using fascinate or dance songs.
Its used to buff the party, except each effect had to be played separately. Works better for small group/solo now, but raid is much worse. Also Fascinate used to last like 10 times as long

Archaic

Was movement speed really that much a factor that they felt they had to do something to slow people down?
Granted I never seen anyone Tumble through quests and if they were kiters it probably was a means of survival more than Zerg.
Kind of Arbitrary.

Ellisaria

Was movement speed really that much a factor that they felt they had to do something to slow people down?
Granted I never seen anyone Tumble through quests and if they were kiters it probably was a means of survival more than Zerg.
Kind of Arbitrary.
As long as (XP) Pots tick down on a timer, movement speed will always be that much of a factor.

Dom

As PersonMan said above, it used to work this way but had to apply each buff individually. If they made it one song to apply all the buffs (like it is now) AND made it AoE to apply to anyone in range, that would be a solution for that one thing. Still doesn't address the ridiculous tumble nerf.

HoopleHead

Heh.. we did entire Heroic Gianthold +raid in like 70 minutes... I was the only party member that wasn't tumbling the whole time

Shambhala

what you mean, tumble recived a huge buff. If you mean exploiting as a moving mechanism, i agree it got fixed. Since the only thing that moves aroud tumbling is sonic.

ACJ97F

Just want to be able to turn the {insert language that would kill an orphan here] green pips off, so I'm not looking at them when we're just
tanking. They could have put that anywhere, but just like the [more language] trap icons, they just had to stick it right next to our character.

As for Bard buffs, they should have added an AOE Raid option, even if it burned 10 song uses at once, or even was 1/Rest for a SS T-5.

Dom

what you mean, tumble recived a huge buff. If you mean exploiting as a moving mechanism, i agree it got fixed. Since the only thing that moves aroud tumbling is sonic.
Ahh yes, so the change SSG implemented originally (on their own will - no one asked for it) is an exploit. SSG went out of their way to implement an exploit based on your assessment above, that's a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.