U60 Lamannia Preview 1 - Machrotechnic Epic Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edrein

That was an oversight also, hey missed it.

On the other hand they did give last core greater death aura.
Problem with that is the fact that we've now got three undead class options: PM, Warlock, and Dark Apostate. I'm sure the reasoning behind not letting that mantle heal undead was the inclusion of the capstone greater death aura for PMs. Abysslock definitely needs that kind of support. Apostate doesn't need it but it'd be a nice QoL in epics as an alternative to running Exalted mantle and getting half heals.

ACJ97F

I was hoping they'd eventually make the runearm Instant, with a simple Recharge timer based on your stable tier.
The current charging system (and ever-present) indicator in the middle of the screen is an un-needed visual blot.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Good news on that, one of things with this update is the runearm charge ui can be moved around. :)
Since it wont be around the top of your character, the shape of it can be rectangular now and horizontal/vertical options just like hotbars. For better positioning. Same size runes.

Actually I would love the best If the runes had the same size and could be moved and placed separately

Last edited:

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
I'd actually like to see it generate a large amount of temporary hp. That fits the forcefield theme it's going for and would be useful to everyone.
How large? Unless its 4 digit it will be meaningless, but ssg never gives 4 digit temp hp.

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Problem with that is the fact that we've now got three undead class options: PM, Warlock, and Dark Apostate. I'm sure the reasoning behind not letting that mantle heal undead was the inclusion of the capstone greater death aura for PMs. Abysslock definitely needs that kind of support. Apostate doesn't need it but it'd be a nice QoL in epics as an alternative to running Exalted mantle and getting half heals.
Still whatever the reason they missed it now we dont want them to miss it, so shout out for auto repair! Dont let them make the same mistake AGAIN!

Preacher

The theming of this destiny is really unique. Kudos on a really good overall idea and hooks on the "drive" portion - I really like having these secondary pieces to consider if you fully commit to the tree. My main points of feedback are just some number tweaks and specific effects:

1. The cores each give +3 of each healing amp. I think it would be fine if they gave +5 instead, I don't think +3 will be very noticeable even maxing the tree out and generally the effects of each core would justify a bit more defensive oomf.
  2. Spell Resistance buff from Magical Recoil - this is such a hard effect to make use of. Spell resistance isn't great right now because either you have so much that enemy spells can't touch you already or so little that any buff amount will be completely useless and never get proc'd. It's the same issue that old ac had basically. Assuming we continue to get some updates on that end for SR and I'm ok with this, but I wanted to point it out - I wouldn't be mad if it was replaced with an AC bonus or an elemental resist or a temp HP buff or something that is more broadly useful. I know most will take this only if they want the Spell Power as of right now.
  3. Super Charge metamagic cost reduction - I think a small universal spell power or crit, or a temp spell point buff would be a lot more welcome and fitting of the supercharged label. Even just a 1% extra universal crit chance would be more welcome in my opinion. Perhaps 2% but only sonic, repair, and electric instead.
  4. Trap Damage Absorption paste life - just a minor point but would love to see this get buffed up to 10% at full stacks. The majority of vet players don't really need this, but it's kinda an interesting option as a toggle when trap running on specific quests, and maybe this allows the devs some leeway on getting some deadlier traps in the game again?
  5. Finally MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE: You have shifted into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE and for 30 seconds you gain 300% Rune Arm damage, your rune arm shots have drastically reduced cooldown and do not discharge built up charge, you have +10 runearm DCS, you have 30% movespeed, any enemy you defeat while in this OVERDRIVE gives you 25% of your Maximum HP as temp health, and any enemy hit by your Runearm shots gets the "WAY OVERCHARGED" debuff and deals deals 10% less damage and explodes on death in an electro-sonic boom with damage equal to galvanic blast + sonic boom with a 2 sec cooldown (or no cd but slightly worried about performance, so depends on implementation).

Bjond

I think this tree will be artificer only until and unless you fix MDB values for WF (ie. make them equivalent to other races).

Folks like that RA, WF, and/or Artificers will probably like it. Personally, RA & WF are on my "avoid" list and the ED is unlikely to change that.

The tree is not suitable as a primary tree for tanking. Unsure if this is where you wanted it to land, but in order to be a tanking tree it would need features that match or exceed those of other trees; eg. US has essentials like KD immunity and forced-agro, which this tree lacks. EA has leap and GMOF has run-speed, which are the other tanking essentials.

If you want to go a different route than leap and perhaps replace EA as a supporting tree for tanks, you could add a draw-in feature. Make it similar to Throw the Boom. Single target at first then becomes AE and includes same forced agro as Knight's Challenge. That gives the same tactical effect of a leap (well, almost .. leap would still be better for tanking things like VOD where Suulo chains the tank unless the pull-in worked on bosses, too).

It sort-of makes sense for an RA to draw in, too. Or at least it makes more sense for RA to do that than for a shield to supply the feature.

Zuldar

How large? Unless its 4 digit it will be meaningless, but ssg never gives 4 digit temp hp.
Well Shardstorm gives 25% of your hp which is roughly 1k on a non-tank character, so use that as a starting point. Would need some balancing one way or the other depending on proc rate and how important the ability is meant to be for the tree but that's a good starting point.

Or better yet, have it be roughly the same dice as Exalted Angel's healing but scaling with repair spellpower.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I think this tree will be artificer only until and unless you fix MDB values for WF (ie. make them equivalent to other races).
I splashed it on a warlock, silly fun. Stormsinger bards with runearms? Fun times. Electric EK with arm cannons? Yes please. I can't say where things will fall for meta builds, but for fun and flavor there's lots of options; I suspect some solid builds will shake out of it too.

BananaHat

Maximum Overdrive: For 20 seconds, your runearm fires automatically at the closest enemy within range once per second. It starts at Tier 1 and upgrades to the next tier every 3 seconds. You can still manually fire your runearm independently of this Epic Moment and your Stable Charge tier becomes 5 for the duration. Firing your runearm manually also triggers your selected Discharge Epic Strike and any modifiers to it without putting it on cooldown.

Think of it as the lantern archon auto-firing at close enemies on steroids. It would ramp up in output over time so you essentially get 3 shots of each tier until you hit tier 5 shooting out 8 shots at the end (3-3-3-3-8).

Alternate

Maximum Overdrive: For 30 seconds, you gain a protective forcefield that lowers all incoming damage by 50% and you automatically trigger your Discharge Epic Strike choice every 2 seconds which does not put it on cooldown. During this time, all allies in the dungeon that cannot normally be repaired are granted 50% base healing from repair spells and they are granted a forcefield that reduces incoming damage by 10% and are effected by the Ablative Armor spell as if you had cast it. If you have chosen Lightning or Thunder Hammer, that ability fires automatically at the closet enemy in range every 3 seconds. Finally, triple the bonuses from Armor of Legends while this Epic Moment is active.

I like the idea of your Maximum Overdrive just auto-firing off all manner of the abilities that you chose in the tree, I think it would really give a feeling of going into "Maximum Overdrive!" to just go nuts releasing abilities.

BananaHat

I'll add one more idea for Maximum Overdrive, add in that your rune arm discharges also auto-fire a satellite laser (a.k.a. Divine Wrath animation) at a nearby enemy and have it deal electric/sonic/repair to the area instead.

Also, speed boosts. You can't have Maximum Overdrive without some sort of movement speed boost.

Oliphant

I just cant bring myself to spam the rune arm enough to move the needle but could be interesting on INQ builds anyway for the +Xs

albertjr

Folks like that RA, WF, and/or Artificers will probably like it. Personally, RA & WF are on my "avoid" list and the ED is unlikely to change that.

The tree is not suitable as a primary tree for tanking. Unsure if this is where you wanted it to land, but in order to be a tanking tree it would need features that match or exceed those of other trees; eg. US has essentials like KD immunity and forced-agro, which this tree lacks. EA has leap and GMOF has run-speed, which are the other tanking essentials.

If you want to go a different route than leap and perhaps replace EA as a supporting tree for tanks, you could add a draw-in feature. Make it similar to Throw the Boom. Single target at first then becomes AE and includes same forced agro as Knight's Challenge. That gives the same tactical effect of a leap (well, almost .. leap would still be better for tanking things like VOD where Suulo chains the tank unless the pull-in worked on bosses, too).

It sort-of makes sense for an RA to draw in, too. Or at least it makes more sense for RA to do that than for a shield to supply the feature.
unfortunately this is not a tank tree. your draw in request would be nice but not happening because of prior mentioned reason. this came directly from steelstar. this tree is a good in addition to, not a replacement.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak

I splashed it on a warlock, silly fun. Stormsinger bards with runearms? Fun times. Electric EK with arm cannons? Yes please. I can't say where things will fall for meta builds, but for fun and flavor there's lots of options; I suspect some solid builds will shake out of it too.
I agree totally. This tree is good mostly for flavor builds who wanna run r1-4. For High reaper this tree will fall. It wont be a main tree on any build in high reaper not even a 2nd or 3rd

Last edited:

Tuxedomanwashere

*Disclaimer* Just spitballin' here.

Maximum Overdrive (Multiselector):

No Kill Like Overkill - For 20 seconds: Your PRR, MRR, Saves, Fortification, SR, and absorptions are set to 0. You gain a circumstance bonus to movement speed equal to half the SR you had before triggering "No Kill Like Overkill". You gain casting alacrity equal to a third of the fortification you had before triggering "No Kill Like Overkill" (this does not stack with sorc's casting speed). Your spells deal increased % damage equal to a quarter of the PRR value you had before triggering "No Kill Like Overkill". You gain a circumstance bonus to Evocation and Conjuration DCs equal to half the Reflex save you had before triggering "No Kill Like Overkill". You gain a circumstance bonus to Transmutation and Necromancy DCs equal to half the Fortitude save you had before triggering "No Kill Like Overkill". You gain a circumstance bonus to Enchantment and Illusion DCs equal to half the Will save you had before triggering "No Kill Like Overkill". Your spells inflict an exceptional penalty to monsters' MRR equal to a quarter of the MRR you had before triggering "No Kill Like Overkill" (this has a .1 second cooldown and does not stack with itself). You gain a circumstance bonus to each spellcrit dmg equal to the respective absorptions you had before triggering "no Kill Like Overkill". While you have "Death's Handiwork" or "Golden Orb of Death" equipped, you gain a chance to ignore spell damage equal to your spellcost reduction. The penalties last for 10 seconds after the buffs wears off.

A Good Offense - For 20 seconds: Your PRR, Dodge, Saves, Fortification, and AC are set to 0. Your attacks gain doublestrike and doubleshot equal to half the fortification value you had before triggering "A Good Offense" and your doublestrike can now roll over (up to a maximum of 400%). Gain a circumstance bonus to tactical DCs equal to half the Will save you had before triggering "A Good Offense". Gain a circumstance bonus to damage equal to half the Fortitude save you had before triggering "A Good Offense". Gain a circumstance bonus to attack equal to half the AC you had before triggering "A Good Offense". Your attacks gain a circumstance bonus to strikethrough equal to half the PRR you had before triggering "A Good Offense" and you can now strikethrough regardless of combat style. Your attacks inflict an exceptional penalty to monsters' PRR when you successfully attack them equal to half the passive dodge value you had before triggering "A Good Offense" (this has a .1 second cooldown and does not stack with itself). Inflict stacks of vulnerability equal to half the Reflex save you had before triggering "A Good Offense", up to 20 stacks (this may happen once per 3 seconds and does not stack with vulnerability items). While you have "The Best Defense" or "Glass Cannon" equipped, you gain a chance to ignore physical damage equal to your %hp scaling bonus. The penalties last for 10 seconds after the buffs wears off.

Hurt Me Plenty - For 20 seconds: Your damage, attack, tactical bonuses, melee power, ranged power, SR, spellcrit chance, and spellcrit multiplier and set to 0. Spellpower except for positive, negative, and repair spellpower is also set to 0, and spellpower substitution does not work while you have the debuff. Gain a circumstance bonus to AC equal to the attack bonus you had before triggering "Hurt Me Plenty". Gain a circumstance bonus to PRR equal to the damage you had before triggering "Hurt Me Plenty". Gain a circumstance bonus to MRR equal to the SR you had before triggering "Hurt Me Plenty. Gain a circumstance bonus to saves equal to half the highest spellcrit chance. Gain a circumstance bonus to each amplification equal to half the melee power or ranged power you had before triggering "Hurt Me Plenty", whichever is higher. Gain a circumstance bonus to absorption to each damage type except positive, negative, repair, rust, physical, and untyped equal to half the highest spellcrit multiplier. While you have "Focal Point", "Bastion", or "Stonewall" equipped, you gain Aggro Magnet. Aggro Magnet: Every 2 seconds, if a creature is aggro'd on a party member, they instead place you at the top of the threat list, regardless of distance. The penalties last for 10 seconds after the buffs wears off.

Last edited:

Bjond

tree is good mostly for flavor builds who wanna run r1-4. For High reaper this tree will fall. It wont be a main tree on any build in high reaper not even a 2nd or 3rd

This is why I'd give it draw-in: single @ T1, AE @ T3 or T4. That still won't make it a main tree, but it's enough to make it a very nice supporting tree for either tanking or AE'ing (which is soon to become absolutely essential for any XP build).

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Maximum Overdrive: For 20 seconds, your runearm fires automatically at the closest enemy within range once per second. It starts at Tier 1 and upgrades to the next tier every 3 seconds. You can still manually fire your runearm independently of this Epic Moment and your Stable Charge tier becomes 5 for the duration. Firing your runearm manually also triggers your selected Discharge Epic Strike and any modifiers to it without putting it on cooldown.

Think of it as the lantern archon auto-firing at close enemies on steroids. It would ramp up in output over time so you essentially get 3 shots of each tier until you hit tier 5 shooting out 8 shots at the end (3-3-3-3-8).

Alternate

Maximum Overdrive: For 30 seconds, you gain a protective forcefield that lowers all incoming damage by 50% and you automatically trigger your Discharge Epic Strike choice every 2 seconds which does not put it on cooldown. During this time, all allies in the dungeon that cannot normally be repaired are granted 50% base healing from repair spells and they are granted a forcefield that reduces incoming damage by 10% and are effected by the Ablative Armor spell as if you had cast it. If you have chosen Lightning or Thunder Hammer, that ability fires automatically at the closet enemy in range every 3 seconds. Finally, triple the bonuses from Armor of Legends while this Epic Moment is active.

I like the idea of your Maximum Overdrive just auto-firing off all manner of the abilities that you chose in the tree, I think it would really give a feeling of going into "Maximum Overdrive!" to just go nuts releasing abilities.
I like some of the idea you wrote but If you in a "MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE" state which is some kind of "Artificer Rage" you gonna focus on attack and not on healing others. Only exeption I can accept here is if the healing is automatic by an aura or drone/lantern etc.
The trippled bonuses from Armor of Legends is a very good idea but it fail in some of the bonuses cause it is an Action Boost type bonus and it wont stack. For example u will have +15% Attack Speed but your +30% Haste Boost will override it.
Something like the Epic Moment activates all of the possible Armor of Legends bonuses on a max level, at the same time, even if you did not take those, would be more appropriate. Similar to LD's Action Hero.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
This is why I'd give it draw-in: single @ T1, AE @ T3 or T4. That still won't make it a main tree, but it's enough to make it a very nice supporting tree for either tanking or AE'ing (which is soon to become absolutely essential for any XP build).
I dont like the way this tree is designed.
Steelstar wrote on discord that first they squeezed in many things in this tree but they realised it wants to do too much so they restrict it down but imo that was the worst thing they could do.
For me it is very contradictive that the tree now is a defense support tree, but in that case why it offers extra imbue dice or doubleshot/doublestrike or Epic Strikes with PBAoE damage ??????????????? Even the Epic Moment's name presume it will be a very very very very very offensive one.
This makes this tree non defensive, non offensive and will be good for nothing.
The nature of Artificers is to be able to adapt to any playstyle as a pure class or a multi-class and the ED tree should reflect that.
The only way it can be done is multiselectors in the tree for the 3 different playstyle (melee/caster/ranged) and/or for defensive/offensive playstyle.
The Tree should offer possibilities and players should decide which way to go with their artificer.

I already wrote my opinion about this here: https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?th...rotechnic-epic-destiny.1494/page-9#post-15734

Status
Not open for further replies.