U60 Lamannia Preview 1 - Machrotechnic Epic Destiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoodooMike

While I'd love to agree with this, none of the Epic Destinies provide any bonuses against trapping, including Shadowdancer. If anything, I'd love to see more trapping support in the Artificer Enhancement Trees more than the Epic Destiny. Would also love to see a lot more support for the Iron Defender, maybe even gaining an imbue attack similar to the Dark Hunter's hunting dog. Machrotechnic's Imbue Dice bonus would help a lot more if Artificers gained something like that!

I also think that both Mechanic Rogue and probably the Battle Engineer Artificer gained an auto-search feature. Mechanic gaining it in their core abilities or as a rank 3 bonus for their spot/search skill and Artificer gaining it through their Iron Defender similar to how Dark Hunter gains theirs.

Shadowdancer gives the most, and earliest, bonuses to trapping related skills, with the Technician node (+6 to all 4 trapping-related skills) and +9 worth of Reflex saves in the first two tiers. It also gives Evasion in tier 3, and an immunity to pressure plates in its mantle in tier5. While it doesn't give automatic trap sensing (which I suppose you can get from tier3 shiradi... but that's not a great tree for melee, and in most cases is poor for casters) its still the most straight-up bonuses.

Artificers get NO trap damage mitigation at all, and warforged can easily lock themselves out of Evasion with Adamantine plating. While I'd certainly like to see some form of trap damage mitigation baked right into artificer, there is a real place for it in non-trapping builds as well, which is where Epic Destinies can shine. The construct/mechanical-facing destiny, which is what this one theoretically is, is a good place to put a lot of trapping-related features, but almost none are present.

The focus seems almost entirely placed on Rune Arms, and the Rune Arm updates seem almost entirely about damage curves... the biggest issue with Rune Arms that I've found is that their projectiles just... vanish... against invisible obstacles in the terrain. Nothing ruins the "damage curve" of a rune arm like projectiles deciding to evaporate after you manage to charge it to tier 5. Not a lot of word on updating that.

Dark Hunter pet trapping is... extremely inconsistent. Some quests it decides to do it, many it decides it won't. While I like the idea of it, and agree that a consistently working version of it would be great on the Homonculus, I'd rather see regular auto-searching be applied to both, or be more readily available in epic destinies than requiring Shiradi t3.

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Well Shardstorm gives 25% of your hp which is roughly 1k on a non-tank character, so use that as a starting point. Would need some balancing one way or the other depending on proc rate and how important the ability is meant to be for the tree but that's a good starting point.

Or better yet, have it be roughly the same dice as Exalted Angel's healing but scaling with repair spellpower.
The thing is the gods above seldom are so generous.

Thus bare minimum we need auto repair mantle.

Neuromancyr

Hello everyone! In this preview, we're excited to bring you the first all-new Epic Destiny in our new system: The Machrotechnic!

The Machrotechnic Epic Destiny revolves around the following themes:
  • Defense (but not necessarily tanking)
  • Rune Arms
  • Electric, Sonic, and Repair/Rust Spellcasting

That may sound like it fits very well for Artificers - And it does! But it's definitely not only good for them, especially as the tree opens up Rune Arm use to non-Artificers! Overall, we've aimed to make this tree stand well on its own while also having strong available low-hanging options for a wide variety of character archetypes.

We strongly encourage giving this new tree a spin on Lamannia, which you can do by talking to Edmund in the Arcane area of the Junction of the Spheres, then setting the Machrotechnic tree in one of your Epic Destiny tree slots.

Cores:

• Core 1 (level 20): Maker's Touch: You gain the Magical Training feat. Each core of this tree grants +25 Maximum Spell points, +25 Maximum Hit Points, +5 Electric, Sonic, Rust, and Repair Spell Power, +5 Universal Spell Power, +5 Melee Power, and +4 Ranged Power. Each core also grants a +1 Epic bonus to all Spell DCs. This Epic bonus is a non-stacking bonus type.
  • Core 2 (level 23): Metamagic Capacitors: +15% Fortification and +3 to each Healing Amp. Your Rune Arms now benefit from the Maximize, Empower, and Intensify Spell Metamagics if you own those feats. This does not cost Spell Points, and you do not need the Feats toggled on to gain their effects on Rune Arms.
  • Core 3 (level 26): Warding Inscriptions: +15% Fortification and +3 to each Healing Amp. Your Ablative Armor spell now blocks 20 points of damage per caster level with no cap.
  • Core 4 (level 32): Armored Augmentation: +15% Fortification and +3 to each Healing Amp. +15% Exceptional Bonus to Armor Class. Your Rune Arm caster levels now factor in bonuses from your Epic and Legendary Knowledge feats.

Tier 1 (req level 20):
  • Sprockets: +5/10/15 Repair Amp. If you have the construct exemplar feat, you gain +10 PRR
  • Solid Footing: +2/4/6 AC and PRR.
  • Skills: +1/2/3 Spellcraft and Use Magic Device. Your Rune Arms charge 5/10/15% faster.
  • Multiselector: Discharge (Epic Strike)
    • Galvanic Blast: Deals 1d6+10 Electric damage per Character level to enemies around you (PBAoE). Cooldown 25/20/15 seconds, Costs 20 Spell Points.
    • Sonic Boom: Deals 1d6+10 Sonic damage per Character level to enemies around you (PBAoE). Cooldown 25/20/15 seconds, Costs 20 Spell Points.
    • Mending Burst: You and allies around you (PBAoE) are repaired for 3d6+6 Hit Points, plus an additional 1 per Caster Level (Max Caster Level: 35). This counts as a Repair Damage spell. Cooldown 12/8/6 seconds, costs 20 Spell Points.
  • Blast Shields: +2/4/6 Reflex saves, rank 3 no longer fail reflex saves on a 1.
Tier 2 (req level 20):
  • Fluidity: Your Armor and/or Body type no longer contributes to Arcane Spell Failure.
  • Radiant Prison: Target non-boss foe is sealed away for 8 seconds in an Unbreakable Forcefield with no save. In this Forcefield, they cannot act, but take 95% less damage and healing from all sources (except Untyped). 20 second cooldown.
  • Rune Arm Use: You gain the Rune Arm Use feat. Your Caster Level with Rune Arms is the higher of half your Character Level versus your Artificer Level. If you already had the Rune Arm Use feat, +1 Stable Charge Tier.
  • Multiselector: Hammer
    • Lightning Hammer: This is chaos hammer but electric. AOE.
    • Thunder Hammer: This is chaos hammer but sonic. AOE.
  • Destiny Mantle: Animated Aegis: You create a small animated object that floats with you. While this Mantle is active, you gain +15 Repair Amplification, and you absorb 10% of all Force, Piercing, Bludgeoning, Slashing, Electric, Sonic, and Rust damage you take. This is increased to 15% if you are wearing a Rune Arm.
Tier 3 (req level 23):
  • Machrotech Spell Focus: Multiselector: +1/2/3 Evocation, Transmutation, Conjuration, or Abjuration DCs
  • Technique Drive: Multiselector:
    • Speed Drive: +2/4/6% Doubleshot
    • Efficiency Drive: +3/6/10% Spell Cost Reduction
    • Flash Drive: +150/300/450% Threat Generation
  • Storm Core: +1/2/3 Rune Arm DCs. Rank 3: +5 Electric, Sonic, Rust, Repair, and Universal Spell Power
  • Strike Drive: Multiselector:
    • Ruin Drive: Your Epic Strike now disassembles enemy constructs, dealing Rust damage in a large AOE. If you are using the Repair Strike, this also applies a supercharged buff to you that decreases your metamagic costs for a short time
    • Blast Drive: Your Epic Strike now Stuns enemies struck, assuming they fail a save. If you are using the Shock strike, this also applies a supercharged buff to you that increases your movement speed for a short time
    • Dissonance Drive: Your Epic Strike now confuses enemies, assuming they fail a save. If you are using the Sonic strike, this also applies vulnerability to enemies
  • Destiny Mantle Improvement: While you have Animated Aegis active, you gain +5 Physical and Magical Resistance Rating. If you are wearing a Rune Arm, gain +10 instead.
Tier 4 (req level 26):
  • Galvanic Attunement: +10 Electric, Sonic, Rust, and Repair Spell Power. +10 Universal Spell Power.
  • Arcane Imbuement: +1/2/3 Imbue Dice
  • Boost Drive: Multiselector:
    • Spark Drive: Once per second, an enemy hit by your Rune Arm spells take an additional 1d4 bonus Electric damage per caster level. This scales with Spell Power.
    • Echo Drive: Once per second, an enemy hit by your Rune Arm spells take an additional 1d4 bonus Sonic damage per caster level. This scales with Spell Power.
  • Epic Improved Metamagic: Multiselector:
    • Maximize
    • Empower
    • Intensify
  • Destiny Mantle Improvement: Magical Recoil: +5 Electric, Sonic, Rust, Repair, and Universal Spell Power. While you have your Destiny Mantle active, firing a Rune Arm grants you Spell Resistance equal to your character level for 10 seconds.
Tier 5 (req level 30):
  • Enhanced Machrotech Spell Focus: +1/2/3 to all Spell DCs.
  • Critical Connection: +1 Critical Multiplier on a roll of 19-20 with weapons while wearing a Rune Arm.
  • Armor of Legends: the Epic Mage Armor feat's bonus is now untyped and grants you +1 AC per character level. You also gain a bonus based on your installed drives:
    • Speed Drive: +5% Action boost bonus to Attack Speed
    • Efficiency Drive: +5% Action boost bonus to Movement Speed
    • Flash Drive: +10 Action boost bonus to PRR/MRR
    • Ruin Drive: +10 Action boost bonus to Spell Power
    • Blast Drive:+3 Action boost bonus to Saves
    • Dissonance Drive: +3 Action boost bonus to Tactics
    • Spark Drive: +10 Action boost bonus to Energy Resistance
    • Echo Drive: +1 Action Boost bonus to Imbue Dice
  • Epic Moment: Maximum Overdrive: Shift into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE. This ability is not implemented and we welcome all suggestions for how this ability is structured, as long as the name is Maximum Overdrive! 5 minute cooldown.
  • Destiny Mantle Improvement: Forcefield Generator: With your Animated Aegis Epic Destiny Mantle active, you gain +10% Insight bonus to Maximum HP. While you have a Rune Arm equipped, increase this bonus to 20%.

We have also added a new Epic Past Life in this Preview:
  • Trap Damage Absorption: Martial Past Life Stance: +3% Trap Damage Absorption per stack of this Past Life feat. Passive Bonus: For each stack of this Past Life feat you gain +2 AC and +1 additional AC per ten character levels.

Overall, we're definitely looking for feedback! There are certain conventions and rules common to all Epic Destinies, but beyond that we are open to adjusting what's here. And as usual with feedback, please remember saying "these abilities are trash" will almost never result in meaningful change, but giving clear descriptions of what you specifically don't like, and clear thoughts on what you would specifically like to see instead is way more likely to result in real feedback adjustments.
In regards to the Epic moment, I think something similar to the epic strike of that tree (in damage types chosen at least) or similar to the warlock enlightened spirit T5 sprit blast with pulses of increasing exponential damage based on the charge level centered on you as it charges up to max, then a max damage T5 charged rune arm blast at the end to finish the moment off.

Edrein

Tier 2 (req level 20):
  • Rune Arm Use: You gain the Rune Arm Use feat. Your Caster Level with Rune Arms is the higher of half your Character Level versus your Artificer Level. If you already had the Rune Arm Use feat, +1 Stable Charge Tier.
So I keep thinking about this and I think this is going to prevent people from really getting good use out of the runearms due to the half a character level caster level.

Could we change it to be full caster level if you don't have runearms, so that everyone can genuinely get use out of the runearms. And then add half your artificer levels to rune arm caster levels if you've already got the rune arm proficiency feat.

IE: Artificers and Artificer multiclass builds get better bonuses out of this in general.

Alternatively a bonus for artificers could be to give them the +1 Stable Charge Tier and raise their default charge tier by one. As in they automatically start charging from level 2 after firing.

EvilDragon

• Epic Moment: Maximum Overdrive: Shift into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE. This ability is not implemented and we welcome all suggestions for how this ability is structured, as long as the name is Maximum Overdrive! 5 minute cooldown.

• When you shoot a rune arm, it no longer needs a cooling time. It will immediately start to charge from zero level.
  • Rune arm charging speed is fixated to x%, and you no longer get rune arm instability penalty (when you move).
  • Ignores all rune arm's maximum charge tier.
  • Rune arm imbue damage is doubled. (not shooting one)

Wildtype

For a brief time, you can tune both the energy reserves of your runearm and the elemental energy from your environment to devestating effect.
For 20s, you gain 20% action boost bonus to attack and movement speed and your runearm stays at maximum charge after firing. In addition, you gain a 2d6 force weapon imbue, scaling with the higher of 100% spell power or 200% melee or ranged power, a 25% reduction to physical damage, and 50% fire, electric, acid, cold, sonic, and force absorption. Everytime you are hit with fire, electric, acid, cold, sonic, or force damage, you gain 1 imbue dice for 6 seconds, stacking up to 10 times.

Tarrith

MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE:
Dual Runarm with a charge that doesn't go down past the highest Runarm charge!

"I'm a Double-Runarm Kobold! I'm a Kobold on the Edge!"

Tarrith

One thing I've always wondered is why do Rune Arms break the Druidic Oath considering the materials most of them are made of is Glass, Gem, Force, Wood & Bone.
Shouldn't the only Runarms that break the Druidic Oath be made of metal? (Gold, Rust)
I feel that this ED will be somewhat wasted if this discrepancy isn't addressed.

Last edited:

RobShow

A wand-focused tree would be more useful to more people and builds.

This tree is only of use to Rune Arm.

Will there be other Epic Destiny useful to just one weapon?

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
I summarised the Epic Moment's ideas and made a list what the players suggested.

First of all lets make it clear what the hell is MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE

Definition
A state of intense activity, productivity or concentration beyond the individual's limit.

Duration: 20-40 sec
Cooldown: 5 mins

Effected segments of the Epic Moment

1. The Character
  • Increased USP/Melee Power/Ranged Power/Imbue Dice/Sneak Attack Dice
  • Autogranted Unbreakable Forcefield or boosted Radiant Forcefield for the duration of Epic Moment
  • Free Metamagics (all possible Metamagics) effect for the duration of Epic Moment
  • Turn into a Warforged Titan
  • Cool visual effects (Lightning Strikes/Shockwave,Electric Sheet/etc)
  • Quad damage
  • Gain the benefit of all Drives at once of the ED tree
  • Increased HP/Fortification/DR
  • Titan Shield
  • Some kind of AOE aura damage (lightning) and reapire healing
  • Boosted Move Speed
  • AOE debuff effects
2. The Runearm
  • Dual wielding Runearms
  • Megacharge aka KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOM shot (like a boosted Tactical Detonation)
  • Stable charge tier
  • Increased Runearm recharge rate
  • Vorpal effect
  • Increased Spell Crit and Runearm DC
  • Endless Fusilade effect
  • Caster lvl is equal to Character level for the duration
  • Double Imbue damage on the Runearm
3. Drone
  • a supportive/offensive drone

Of course the above listed effects/boosts are just a list and not the Epic Moment itself. Hope it will help the devs to create a cool Epic Moment.
IMO the Epic Moment have to be something what equally gives benefit to all kind of players (melee/caster/ranged) also to artificers and non-Artificers as well.
As I see most of the palyers want to have a Super Runearm with super damage which makes sense.
Increased USP/Melee Power/Ranged Power/Imbue Dice/Sneak Attack Dice for all playstyle also makes sense.
Free Metamagics (Maximise/Empover/Intensify + Spell DC ones) effects for the duration of Epic Moment also makes sense.
AOE debuffs (PRR/MRR/Spell Rez/Vulnerability to damage and or Electric damage + immunity strip)
Vorpal effect
and at last but not least very very cool visual effects

I see now high movement speed, boosted toon with a big bubble and electricity around him, producing a salvo fire with a Fusilade Runearm, spamming PBAoE Tactical Detonation every 5 seconds, followed by a drone which debuffs enemies around and heals party members. Lots of Lightning strikes and Shockwave effects around. :)

Last edited:

LurkingVeteran

If the epic moment is going to focus on rune arms, it might be good if it granted full levels to everybody for its duration. I am not sure if it is currently worth even using a half-level rune arm (as in equipping and gearing for it might be a straight DPS loss for most), but then at least it would be useful some of the time. I am generally in favor of having options at least be useful some of the time but limited by CDs.

Zuldar

If the epic moment is going to focus on rune arms, it might be good if it granted full levels to everybody for its duration. I am not sure if it is currently worth even using a half-level rune arm (as in equipping and gearing for it might be a straight DPS loss for most), but then at least it would be useful some of the time. I am generally in favor of having options at least be useful some of the time but limited by CDs.
That would be good but also it says half character level which might be 16 as it's written, so not that far off of 20 for a full artificer.

Rhinoceross

Another idea of improvement:

From a melee arti pov: if runearms can benefit from metamagics passivly if you take them thats cool, but
1. Melee arti barely take metamagics with spell pen boost or spell power boost. Maximum Extend for selfbuffs + Tenser's and/or Quicken for selfheals
IMO this way only ranged and caster type arties can benefit from this and melees again are put on the shelf
2. Metamagics should be add to Cores 1 by 1 affecting only runearms so all kind of arti could benefit from it.
I haven’t read further to see what other people said about this, but putting a free meta in t4, like in fatesinger, would be amazing. I totally agree with u on giving this option to melee/ranged builds

Wisefreelancer

So I keep thinking about this and I think this is going to prevent people from really getting good use out of the runearms due to the half a character level caster level.

Could we change it to be full caster level if you don't have runearms, so that everyone can genuinely get use out of the runearms. And then add half your artificer levels to rune arm caster levels if you've already got the rune arm proficiency feat.
I assume (but didn't test) that half character level means all character levels, i.e. 16 at cap for a non-artificer. If that's the case, its barely behind a true Arti?

LurkingVeteran

That would be good but also it says half character level which might be 16 as it's written, so not that far off of 20 for a full artificer.
I always assumed generic +MCL from epic progression affected rune arms as well. Seems somewhat questionable if rune arms are even worth using currently? I guess it's good for other classes using this destiny though.

eartheyes

i play on khyber
i love the dual weilding rune arm idea....im a simple man so when i was thinking of it i dont go as deep into it as some others on the particulars but id love dual rune arms at max charge auto firing for at least 20 seconds....could be fun if you couldnt move but could spin, maybe turning yourself into a turret? maybe could give you a super stone skin as well and/or big buff on the resistances you get in the tree?

...also, unrelated but still on the arti tip, why dont arti's have a degrease spell or a way to add degreaser to their boots(something so they are immune to slipping in grease specific or all slippery surfaces?) in one of the arti cores?...wouldnt be game breaking but would be a fun thing to add to a class that is far from top tier in anyway?...just a thought

love my gnome arti and will be happy to try maximum overdrive what ever you guys decide on :)

Lotoc

I always assumed generic +MCL from epic progression affected rune arms as well. Seems somewhat questionable if rune arms are even worth using currently? I guess it's good for other classes using this destiny though.
They will do with the level 32 core in this tree, Runearms have had this issue for a while much like warlock blasts until they got their epic feats.

Actually as an aside... at level 40 using this tree runearm shots for a 20 wizard will do the same damage as a 20 arti, (20 arti +5 each of epic/legendary knowledge vs 1/2 character level +5 each of epic/legendary knowledge) bit awkward really longterm.

Sarlona Raiding

I like this tree. Artificers are going to be soloing beasts - tanky, great self-healing, good aoe from destinies at higher levels, satisfactory single-target damage. I look forward to U60! Maybe bladeforged artificer 17, paladin 3. Thanks for this and I hope to see a warlock-focused tree at some point as well.

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
I like this tree. Artificers are going to be soloing beasts - tanky, great self-healing, good aoe from destinies at higher levels, satisfactory single-target damage. I look forward to U60! Maybe bladeforged artificer 17, paladin 3. Thanks for this and I hope to see a warlock-focused tree at some point as well.
Ye my Vistani ROBOT also very exited. Hope this tree will have a decent Epic Moment. I really want to use this tree as main tree and not just as a 2nd/3rd .

Pally split is good idea but I think if you go 15 Arti/3Pally/2 Ftr you can have more feats beside the Pally stance and saves. You also can go as an Imbue build with Pally splash.

Status
Not open for further replies.