U60 Lamannia Preview 2 - Machrotechnic

Status
Not open for further replies.

droid327

I'd say there's no room for any summon-based build as the game is now, given the state of summons AI and the state of AI in general.
It would be cool if it was doable, though.

Which is why static turret type summons would be (and are) far more viable than mobile minion summons

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
Which is why static turret type summons would be (and are) far more viable than mobile minion summons
whaat-huh.gif

Neain

There's room in this game for a "D3 Hydra Sorc" playstyle where you summon powerful, short-lived, immobile "turrets" that could do various things (DPS, aggro sponge, heal/buff aura, etc.). I think that implementation is more feasible than trying for a "D2 Necromancer" style summoner with an army of persistent minions.
I love this idea, could be a shaman or mechanic of some type, but would require a bunch of new art assets that we just dont have in the game. but if it was released as a new class or arty archtype? I would def buy it and play it

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I love this idea, could be a shaman or mechanic of some type, but would require a bunch of new art assets that we just dont have in the game. but if it was released as a new class or arty archtype? I would def buy it and play it
I actually suggested a tower defense artificer archetype in the discord lamannia stuff where it could have a bunch of different types of short duration turrets that it would drop. It's why I mentioned the repair turret over here, it just seemed like a cool theme. A repair turret also has the advantage over a self-repair aura in that it's an external heal and thus can overcome reaper self-healing penalities making it useful in harder content too.

droid327

I actually suggested a tower defense artificer archetype in the discord lamannia stuff where it could have a bunch of different types of short duration turrets that it would drop. It's why I mentioned the repair turret over here, it just seemed like a cool theme. A repair turret also has the advantage over a self-repair aura in that it's an external heal and thus can overcome reaper self-healing penalities making it useful in harder content too.

Technically, Death Aura is an external heal too - it creates an invisible entity that sticks to your position and gives off the heal, thats why you can snapshot it with your neg power/crit at cast. But that still obeys Reaper self heal penalties.

I really dont understand why its not possible to create summoning builds. The strange thing is, they keep releasing pets, summons, legendary feats... So its their intention to USE SUMMONS, otherwise why in hell would someone use Scion of Elysium?

Also, charming builds essentially can walk with an army of the summons and this don't break the game. This builds is no longer possible in Epic lvs due reduced time an Epic creature can be controlled. Would be nice some kind of future specialized build that could extend this limit btw.

Meanwhile, a better turret-type pet is totally doable, just paste and copy from Primal T5. Magus summons could be a bit improved as well, they are VERY outdated, tough the visuals are nice and dont need to redo.

VinoeWhines

The Summons Turrets could be summoned as an AOE 4 turrets at the 12/3/6/9 O' Clock positions with the form of a mechanical Sphynx head shaped, pulsing through it's mouth Repair/Rust clouds, misting the area. The higher the tier the more Repair/Rust concentration it can do, along with it's duration, also the little Orb that follows you could be boosted to pulse out Rust/Repair mists, would be nice it it could turn to a summons and you can control the little orb to float ahead and open doors/levers, tap mobs in the shoulder to distract their attention, then report back to you.

Ying

5000+ hours played
Blast Drive: Your Epic Strike now Stuns enemies struck, assuming they fail a save. If you are using the Shock strike, this also applies a supercharged buff to you that increases your movement speed for a short time
Does Blast Drive factor in Stunning bonuses for the save? If not, how is the save calculated?

karthunk

Dooooooom
Please just get rid of the whole charging rune arm mechanic. It makes thing overly complicated. Just a flat median damage.

droid327

I really dont understand why its not possible to create summoning builds.

The main issue, I think, is balance

The problem with summon builds is most builds progress fairly linearly, while summoner builds by nature progress geometrically, because you get bonuses to your summon stats, which get multiplied by your number of summons. A melee character, e.g., can only have 1 or 2 weapons that get your per-hit bonuses, but a summoner could have 6 or 7 summons that all benefit from all of your bonuses.

That makes it really tough to implement it in a way that keeps it balanced at all points. If its balanced at min-max endgame, then its going to suuuuuck to level it up. If its balanced while leveling, then its going to be crazy OP when min-maxed at endgame.

Then, separate issues, pathing calculations and AI stupidity

Thats why I think a turret summoner is a better approach. You can design it from the ground up to work with summons bonuses and a lower cap on max simultaneous summons, and it makes it more about how you use them and not just what you have. They're more like static aoe spells with a different mechanic, then, and not like NPCs that play the game for you.

Kalibano

Build Designer. Having fun since 2006!
  • Epic Moment: Maximum Overdrive: Shift into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE. This grants you a 100% boost to Runearm Charge Speed and a 50% reduction in Spell Cooldowns for 30 seconds.

A couple of ideas for the Epic Moment (either or, not both together):

Idea 1:
Your animated Aegis goes into overdrive. For the duration of this effect, you and your party benefit from the bonuses of your Destiny mantle: Animated Aegis as if they had been fully trained and upgraded. If you are already using this mantle, the enhancements you have trained for your mantle now grant double their bonuses to you.

Idea 2 (inspired by Shadowdancer's 'Paranoia):
Your rune arm goes into overdrive. For the duration of this effect, it's stable tier is always tier 5, and can be fired twice before going on a short x seconds cooldown. It also imbues your weapons and spells with its tier 5 damage fully maximised by metamagics (internal cooldown x seconds)

Hope these are helpful!

Edrein

So spitballing a crazy idea here; but for a T5 option to add some spiciness similar to Divine Crusader's Bring Down Wrath. How about:

Suppressing Fire: You are able to equip two runearms, doubling your runearm blast damage based on your offhand runearm slot. While dual wielding rune arms you are considered to be unarmed fighting for the purposes of feats, enhancements, and skills.

Whether this is coded as changing runearms to be main hand equipable, or merely a stance/toggle like Inquisitive is up for debate. But it'd be neat to see something weird and wacky like this, allowing people to follow that megaman/artillery cannon playstyle. Bonus points for the potential oddball build synergy this could have with Razorclaw Shifters, Monks, or Sacred Fists.

droid327

It also imbues your weapons and spells with its tier 5 damage fully maximised by metamagics (internal cooldown x seconds)

How about weapon strikes just trigger an additional Tier 5 RA blast, 1 sec CD? That way AOE RAs will proc AOEs too, and special RAs will have their special effects proc as well

Kentrain

Awww still nothing for our poor doggies?
I am convinced they don't like artificer pets. Look at the bonuses they gave to the new ranger alternative. They don't outright say they don't want pets to be a thing, but their absolute disregard for serious improvements on pets indicates they want pet classes to just go away.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
There's 2 EDs already that have various boosts to pets.
Magus:
Grand Summoner
: Your summons, pets, and hirelings gain +4 to all ability scores, increased health, 100% Fortification, and a 40% increase to movement speed. Stack with augment summoning and similar effects.
primal:
Natural Shielding: You gain 10 Hit Points and +2 Magical Resistance Rating. Your summons, pets and hirelings gain 60% of your Max Hit Points and 30 Magical Resistance Rating instead. Summoned minions also gain +4 Reflex Saves and Evasion.
Shared Mantle: While within your Primal Avatar Destiny Mantle you gain +3 Imbue dice. Your summons and hirelings now also benefit from your Primal Avatar Destiny Mantle, and they gain your current Spell Power Values.

Ying

5000+ hours played
DDO pets are made of paper. The entire pet system needs a revamp to make them viable. On hardcore my Dark Hunter wolf was constantly dead in R1 quests, which eliminated it's benefit for finding traps.

The only summons in DDO that has any sort of resilience is the LGS Ooze, and the Shield Guardian.

U60/61 is not the update to make summons viable. Putting a bandaid for Artificer dogs in the Machrotechnic tree is just that -- a bandaid.

Dreppo

Tier 5 (req level 30):
  • Armor of Legends:the Epic Mage Armor feat's bonus is now untyped and grants you +1 AC per character level. You also gain a bonus based on your installed drives:
    • Speed Drive: +5% Action boost bonus to Attack Speed
    • Efficiency Drive: +5% Action boost bonus to Movement Speed
    • Flash Drive: +10 Action boost bonus to PRR/MRR
    • Ruin Drive: +10 Action boost bonus to Spellpower
    • Blast Drive:+3 Action boost bonus to Saves
    • Dissonance Drive: +3 Action boost bonus to Tactics
    • Spark Drive: +10 Action boost bonus to Energy Resistance
    • Echo Drive: +1 Action Boost bonus to Imbue Dice
  • Epic Moment: Maximum Overdrive: Shift into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE. This grants you a 100% boost to Runearm Charge Speed and a 50% reduction in Spell Cooldowns for 30 seconds.

Add to Maximum Overdrive (when activated):
Armor of Legends grants you all of its possible bonuses.

SpardaX

If you don't believe me; when's the last time you genuinely saw someone running Fury's mantle? Despite it literally being a similar HoT.
This statement makes me really sad. I actually made a character that was using Fury, and I was fully invested in using Fury's mantle for the HoT. Then I found out that if the game thinks my HP is full, Fury's HoT stops. EA's doesn't. EA's ticks regardless. And it just so happened that the build I was using relied heavily on Temp HP. So I could be sitting on 25%~ health, near death. But have enough Temps that if you looked at my health bar, I would -appear- to be at 100% or over. And apparently this is enough for Fury to decide not to heal me. The whole point was "Get my HP healed while the temps sit there as a shield", so to have Fury just not, was a real kick in the fun parts.
I ended up swapping to EA because at least it did the thing I needed. Which was, to HEAL ME.

I know this is unrelated to anything but I just wanted to say it. When the destiny update came out I posted in the Fury forum to say it stopped healing you even if you were still damaged but it never got fixed / changed so /shrug.

Last edited:

Zvdegor

Melee Artificer Freak
Add to Maximum Overdrive (when activated):
Armor of Legends grants you all of its possible bonuses.
  • Speed Drive: +5% Action boost bonus to Attack Speed
  • Efficiency Drive: +5% Action boost bonus to Movement Speed
  • Flash Drive: +10 Action boost bonus to PRR/MRR
  • Ruin Drive: +10 Action boost bonus to Spellpower
  • Blast Drive:+3 Action boost bonus to Saves
  • Dissonance Drive: +3 Action boost bonus to Tactics
  • Spark Drive: +10 Action boost bonus to Energy Resistance
  • Echo Drive: +1 Action Boost bonus to Imbue Dice
These boosts generate no significant damage increase even if all of them are activated at the same time. Also give you none surviveability.
Especially Haste Boost and Running Boost neutralise these bonuses.
An Epic Moment should feel EPIC like Shadow Mastery, Time Stop, etc. And should produce something the tree cannot give you.

Status
Not open for further replies.