U60 Preview 3: Updated DDO Store Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordovan

Community Manager
The new Store should be generally familiar to you as it is intended to be mostly similar to the existing Store, with few new features or additions. However, if you encounter any issues or confusion when previewing the Store, please let us know here! Please note that for this preview, both Points purchasing and VIP Subscription management is not available.

The Store is accessed by pressing Control+S when logged into the game.

Browsing the Store

On the left side of the Store you will see a list of Categories where you can browse for things to purchase. There is also a Search bar if you are looking for something specific.

Favorites

If you see an item you like and might want to purchase again, you can create your own Favorites list by clicking on the star in the upper right of any item in the Store! You can then access your Favorites through the Star button at the top of the Store page.

Recent Items

Another way to quickly find things you have already purchased is to use the Recent Items button at the top of the Store page. It looks like a clock. Click it see to see the items that you've visited and purchased. You can sort by price or date, and by low to high, high to low, oldest first, or newest first, by clicking the drop-down arrow in the upper right of the page.

← and →

At the very upper left of the Store page you will see arrows to go Back and Forward through your Store session if you wish.

My Account

The My Account section of the DDO Store is where you manage your account in the DDO Store. There are three tabs:
  • General: This is where you can find your points balance, change the Store's font size, and see a list of characters associated with your account. You can also choose to enable or disable the confirmation screen that appears whenever you make a purchase.
  • Subscriptions: This is where you will get information about your VIP Subscription, and where you can change your subscription status.
  • Active Coupons: Some types of coupons can offer you a choice. Applying a coupon to your account, you can visit this tab to see details of that coupon.
Transaction History

You can find your Transaction History through the drop-down options located in the upper left of the DDO Store. If you ever want to check what something cost or how many points you spent on a thing, this is the place! Looking for something specific? You can filter by the Transaction Type by clicking the arrow next to “Transaction Type” to choose the category for a more refined list.

Please let us know what issues you encounter!

NOTE: A test coupon has been created for players to try called DDO15 that gets you 15% off any regularly-priced item in the Lamannia store, valid up to 10 times. Since this is a new type of coupon, we'd love to see you try it and let us know how things go.

Last edited:

Cordovan

Community Manager
We are also intending to try to give the updated DDO Store a volume test starting at 1pm Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, July 20th, so if you get the opportunity to log in and mess around in the updated Store then that would be great!

kentos9

At the moment you cannot see augments that are for a different level than the current character's level.
I assume "Show unsuitable items" was meant to show such items, but it does not work.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
It still shows me monster manual 1, MotU, and Shadowfell despite owning them. Would be nice if it didn't. Upside, it's no longer trying to sell me Tabaxi which I own and the store on live keeps showing me.

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
How about zooming or increasing the font?

1y8dui.jpg

axan22

Couldn't find hireling folders anywhere? and after buying supreme tome +8 and using it still showed me +5 etc as wasn't level capped, but in general way better it being in game and useable by me is awesome.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
NOTE: A test coupon has been created for players to try called DDO15 that gets you 15% off any regularly-priced item in the Lamannia store, valid up to 10 times. Since this is a new type of coupon, we'd love to see you try it and let us know how things go.
Worked nicely when I tried it. I found it amusing I could increase the price of things marked on sale by toggle it on and thus reducing the discount (I know "regularly-priced item", but just amusing none the less).

Cordovan

Community Manager
will the new store include the option to test view cosmetic armors??
No, preview functionality is not part of the updated Store. We have increased the size of icons to assist in the ability to see what you are purchasing, but this store update is more about preserving functionality versus adding features.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
preserving functionality versus adding features.
Isn't it losing functionality then as the store preview works on the current store as long as a person runs the 32-bit client? Or does the old preview method still work with the new store?

edit: just checked, we lose the use preview in the 32-bit client compared the existing store.

Last edited:

MysticDragon___Littlemama

Since 2007 "We're supposed to know stuff??"
ok,
I played with the new store for a while, all seems to be working, tried the special discount code, it worked fine. Got the upgrade things I purchased working for shared bank and stuff. Just could not get the font or view size a tad smaller as have to open it super wide to view the larger graphics, takes up so much screen space. Found that a bit overwhelming.
Was able to buy low level stuff on my high level character. Did not have time to test the opposite.

Last edited:

Met

Subscriptions: This is where you will get information about your VIP Subscription, and where you can change your subscription status.
I would appreciate any updates to the store to display the date with a MMM format. I understand that there might be only one country in the world to some, but what ever order you want for day month year (even if you are wrong), having the month as say "JAN" will remove any ambiguity.

cocopufff

The store happily let me buy the same expansion pack 4 times in a row without ever showing me that I owned it. That's not great.

I honestly worry that the new store makes it way too easily to accidentally buy something. All it takes is two clicks in a spot, and especially if the game is lagging, I can really see that being an issue. Is there some sort of "I accidentally bought this, undo transaction that happened in the last 10 minutes" option? I really worry this will be hugely frustrating for people if they accidentally buy something.

Ooblagato

Hiding in plain sight
I'll test to see if it's been resolved if I get a chance, but the store has always assumed my language settings based on region and made me unable to search for things (probably because the Japanese translations for many things is a null value/unset) . It would be nice to just be able to set things to English.

Status
Not open for further replies.