U61 Enhancement Tree & Class Tweaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kritikal

Thank you for these balance items.

The only thing I suggest is making ALL ranks in ALL Enhancement trees 1ap each, except Ability Score increases. They should remain at 2ap.

Elves United

My main concern would be that archmage needs a lot more than this. But would it be possible to at least but arcane bolt and arcane blast up to par with other spells? At least bring it up to feydark's shadowblade.

And I'll add to the chorus that the quivering palm update is a hard nerf. Players shouldn't be expected to have to do both tactics and assassinate DC on the same character. Monk characters that use Quivering palm are currently built around tactics DC. This will simply stop them from using the ability at all.

Purr

Please consider also changing the Ninja Spy +1 critical multi to level 12 or a put it on the tier 5. You cannot get a crit multi on weaponized monks unless they are pure20 and spend 30 in ninja or heavily invest into fighter. This kills build diversity for longsword monks.
All competence bonuses except swash should be standardized to level 12 either as t5s or as core 4. This includes paladin, who should get holy sword as SLA or regular comp bonus to favored weps

Zaszgul

Oh, I've got a quick QOL request: please remove the level 4 requirement from the Inspired Quarter gate. The Cannith Teleporter on the other side is super useful, and it's super annoying that you can't use it at the levels you most use the harbor.

Malex

Yes to more of this balances.
Only thing I dont understand is why quivering palm uses assasinate (which monks dont have) instead of stunning as ALL other monk abilities

By the way, ninj spy has a bunch of abilities that dont take bonuses and they probably should

jmervyn

Adding my agreement to the overwhelmingly positive general opinion about "Kaizen" (small, continuous improvements) rather than sweeping changes. I would like to see Archmage have even better capability when using staves.

There's been a bit of a bad taste in the mouth from the incessant nerfing over the years. Some worthwhile builds have been destroyed due to them, rather than just eliminating the extra advantage from a certain set of capabilities... For example, nerfing Monkcher + 1KStars pretty much caused the death of Monkcher types, which was a pity, particularly when crossbow + Inquisitor can be almost as "bad".

It would be nice if there were also bug fixes but I know that's generally thankless work which doesn't reap as much benefit as efforts on purchased aspects like modules.

Dergex

I really love the initiative that you're putting forward on this Torc, these are indeed some amazing changes to see!

While you're working on quick tweaks and fixes, there are a few more I'd really love to see for Rogue.

Venomed Blades: Change this to a single Rank costing 2AP for 1d8 poison damage.

Stealthy: Currently, the speed increase is bugged. It's not providing as much as it should be and there are issues with it breaking when you jump.

Killer: Would be nice if this buffed Melee/Ranged power instead of doublestrike and doubleshot.

Poison Selector: It would be amazing if you had all three poisons, that the poison immunity removal worked on all targets and not just specific ones based on the poison.

Lacerating Shots: Preferably this should scale with Ranged Power and not Melee Power.

There are a number of other changes I'd love to suggest, but these are the quick and dirty ones that can be done super easily.

Varthalos

Yes! This kind of thing is great! Do more of it please. There are so many places that small tweaks in the numbers can be a low time investment way of making big changes to gameplay. Great job!

Thulsadoom

I haven't made a Warchanter in forever because I do not like the familiar following me around in game play. Now I think I'll be doing one :D

Jummby

u litteraly used the 106-110 dc in the "how to buff Monk" post.... (unless u wanna tell me u calculated the values with Monkey archers example :) *blink blink* ) 2. what in the do u mean by "do I balance for other things" the 121 dc is Litteraly at the cost of 5 MP thats it (well 2d6 sneak because gold fang/silver fang but its 2dc to tactical too so w/ever) so unless u talking about running 4 Mystuls (lol) and other shenanigans the dc isnt at the cost of Balancing for other things....

3. dudes pretending Like Dcs are simmilar to *insert bug Im not allowed to talk about cuz devs ban me rather than fixing it* and he has to Hide it Lmao Like Im aware most ddo devs arent your average r10 fella but they too (should) be aware of an estimated ballpark regarding numbers especially since dcs are openly talked about on the official inofficial discord... and even if by accident they will come across numbers.... People having 170 dcs on tactical is anything but a secret

4.1 Im german and maybe we are just more forward/rude than american euphemisation this isnt a personal attack its more of a "if 5 people are standing in front of a fence and One tries to use it as a restroom Im gonna scream at the guy with the pants down..... and Its Not Like I knew you are "pretending" To ..... at the fence (giving fake bad values) and it doesnt really matter because see 3.) u had no reason to pretend

4.2 (this might be considered as a personal attack) : While I personally dont know you. I have a mate or two on Khyber who speak anything but highly of you despite playing a Monk for ages (this is the gentle version), also im definetly not a fan of of u presenting fake values as an attempt to poison a general discussion about balancing....
4.3 u reap what u sow ... If I make up Numbers and say that my wizard cant land his stuff because 110 dc doesnt work and Its clearly that the game needs to buff wizard dcs I gotta prepare to get dunked on by people who have proper dcs and dont tolerate me Bsing

Item 4.2 Spounds like some sort of personal attack to me. You even partially admit it is. No reason for that. Surprised the mods missed it.

Reilia

Warchanter changes = great
Monk QP changes = great
Archmage changes = great
Vistani adding kukris = really great

Harper = still no incentive to invest in this tree other than trance. The cores should be double the bonus to not just evil at least on Core 6 and 18 and maybe tame the 20 down to +4 and make it for all as well. Also there should be some more fluff on the tier 4/5. Maybe +2/4/6 assasinate in tier 4 and maybe a mass hold SLA in tier 5 based on CL? This tree needs some love all around tbh.

The other changes look OK.

Overall I like this sweeping buff strategy.
I wouldn't mind seeing some prr/mrr in this tree too. I also think the +1 to universal sp/melee power/ and ranged power are a little weak especially since I don't think anyone ever uses all three and some effects scale of the higher of these stats.

Reilia

I like a lot of these changes. Arcane bolt and blast should be looked at also. Harper changes are positive but that tree is still will mostly only be used for int to damage for those builds. Harper was the first universal tree and it shows. The later universal trees all have more use than Harper. One thing I also haven't seen mentioned is the SLA in the tree has no scaling with any kind of spell/melee/ranged power rendering it not worth taking.

Bjond

LOVE this pass. IMHO, taking a day or two every month to review and potentially tune something would be a great thing. Many games do this weekly, but I think that's overkill for DDO due to lack of PVP and lower population. A few specific comments below.

[*]Swashbuckler
  • Battering Barrage cost reduced from 2/rank to 1/rank
  • Thread the Needle now gives +5% to-hit (percentage bonus based on precision) while precision is toggled on

T4 & T5 changes aren't really important to Swash. Nice, but not what's needed. The big ones I'd make would be:
  • Different Tack: include to-hit as well as to-damage (Bard is feat & AP-starved .. demanding universal, multiclass, or feat for to-hit is painful)
  • En Pointe: 5s CD, shared with G.Cleave, SP cost removed, AP cost 1/ea
  • Blow By: +1 imbue + no-fail diplomacy effect (existing dmg & threat reduce are so tiny as to be meaningless)

[*]Warchanter
  • Spinning Ice, Frozen Fury, and Skaldic Scream now use the highest of dex, cha, or str for their DCs
  • Their DCs are now (0x bard level / 1/2 bard level / 1x bard level) and (10/12/14) (Skaldic Scream is 1x bard level and 14)
  • Spinning Ice is now a 3/4/5W cleave
  • Northwind cost reduced from 2/rank to 1/rank

Right direction, but needs a bit more. Spinning Ice in particular DOES NOT WORK on PDK versus tiny things like wolves. It just wooshes right over them. And, the DC's are *still* too low, still requiring PDK or multiclass. If this skill is supposed to work, the DCs have to be in the 100'ish range without overbuilding it.

NB! Northwind is buggy and should be removed completely. It resets the duration of already frozen targets (eg. from 18s to 2s) and thus kills off using any freeze past Frozen Fury; ie. as soon as you buy Northwind, it negates Frozen Fury. Suggestions below:

• Ice DCs are now (1/2x bard level / 1x bard level / 2x bard level) and (10/12/14)
  • Spinning Ice is now uses the SDK chain animation, damage, effects, and AE size (@ 123 AP successive improvements -- make it a key signature ability worthy of T5)
  • Frozen Fury: it's a cleave & shares same 5s CD as Cleave (alleviate bard feat-starvation)
  • Northwind: +1/2/3 imbue dice (removes northwind bug, probably v.easy to code/test, & more useful)

[*]Assassin
  • All of the active poison attacks up the line are now +3W, use full rogue level for their DCs instead of half, and now make certain enemies that would be immune to poison, weak to poison.

Immunity strip is definitely the right direction; it makes assassin imbue actually useful. BUT, the reason I never ever use Assassin poisons is lack of button space. This doesn't fix that. Make each immunity strip apply passively via the Assassin imbue and I'd absolutely spend AP on them, but I'd still never use them as actives -- would prefer them as chance-of effects on hit.

[*]Archmage

Great changes! It badly needs it's SLAs updated, but suspect you already know that and are saving those for another time.

[*]Vanguard

Hard to comment on Vanguard until some of it's basics are fixed enough to bother playing one; ie. there are 2~3 barriers to playing it that need to be addressed first (it's that bad):
  • Attack rate bonuses tied to cores means L20 or play something else (maybe tiers instead of cores?)
  • 1s CD on bash ruins potential bash gains (perhaps update Shield Mastery feat line for bash-chances similar to TWF?)
  • (alternatively, increasing attribute bonus to be SWF-like works, too, but that just makes it a heavy swashbuckler)
  • Feats & Attribute bonuses often don't apply to shields (i/o.crit, int/etc to-hit/dam)

KylerrTheMajty

Paladin
Change Blessed purpose to gain stack on hiting every evil creature and not only an undead or evil outsider

Divine Crusader
Beckon Divinity - make it multiselector and make it a dps version paladin can go THF too you know (atm ONLY good ed is Fury)
Bring down the Wrath - same thing make it some dps version (atm its shield crap and ther is like 0,1% shield users)

Ranger
Longstrinder speed bonus should stack with striding
give tempest some imbue dice

Fury or LD
choose 1 and add there some more support to TWF bc luck of it hurts
for example no1 use quick cutter
and Dire charge is weak as epic strike

IMO the worst thing is Adrenaline is so much overtakes all other epic strikes its just ussless to take anything else ( exepction is drifting lotus but you need to have monk's lvl for it)

atm if you want to be a good dps you just have to take adrenaline and that bad imo it locks builds

KylerrTheMajty

Rogue
would be awsome if you would add shortsword to Assasins tree
Assassinate - change that its for example lvl1 core but it upgrades with tiers and cores and make it more ussable atm its good only for endgame and needs much of gear and skill to use it ( and still caster blast everthing before you even get to mob)
add more speed to sneaking

Vistani
change capstone or update all other's melee capstone bc this1 is just too op to miss

Last edited:

Monkey_Archer

Fury or LD
choose 1 and add there some more support to TWF bc luck of it hurts
for example no1 use quick cutter
and Dire charge is weak as epic strike

IMO the worst thing is Adrenaline is so much overtakes all other epic strikes its just ussless to take anything else ( exepction is drifting lotus but you need to have monk's lvl for it)

atm if you want to be a good dps you just have to take adrenaline and that bad imo it locks builds
100% agree.

The reason nobody uses quick cutter is because of the quick part. Dealing 0 damage for 6 seconds causes the break even point with adrenaline to be somewhere around 30+ seconds, which only ever happens in raids. Remove quick and have it stack the damage on all attacks and it might see some use.

I'd also like to see some offhand strike chance in LD, SD or even primal. As it stands, most TWF are forced to take 26 points in fury if they don't have monk or ranger levels.

Dergex

Kinda wish they'd add Assassinate to general tactics buffs or at the very least onto Battle Trances. That way people can stop complaining about the Quivering Palm change. Honestly, Quivering Palm makes complete sense to use the Assassinate DC instead of Stunning DC. Since it's killing, not stunning them.

Status
Not open for further replies.