U67 Tomorrow?

The Narc

Is this the “spice of life adventure pack” that people have been talking about, because i cant find it in the ddo store.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
I honest to god hope there's a U66.2 coming. There's just so much U66 stuff left unfixed.
I assume more fixes will be in u67. It's not like the number scheme matters for that. They just use big numbers now to indicated new content (like the new adventure pack) or major other work vs dot numbers for smaller stuff.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
I assume more fixes will be in u67. It's not like the number scheme matters for that.
It absolutely does. What they're working on dictates the patch's number. Just by existing (read: their manager has approved it) U66.2 would ensure more bugfixes than going straight to U67 (regardless of its content).

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Any interesting items
There were zero items shown on lam. Steelstar has been making them since then but we never got a preview of them. So it'll be a surprise all around unless he pops on here and teases us with any of them.

Reactions: DBZ

Tonquin

of Lightning Hammer fame!
It absolutely does. What they're working on dictates the patch's number. Just by existing (read: their manager has approved it) U66.2 would ensure more bugfixes than going straight to U67 (regardless of its content).
This is not true :) Us designers and engineers work at the same speed regardless of how often the game updates. Renaming U67 to U66.2 wouldn't change its contents bug-wise in the slightest - and yes, there are tons of cool new things AND bug fixes in U67!

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
This is not true :) Us designers and engineers work at the same speed regardless of how often the game updates. Renaming U67 to U66.2 wouldn't change its contents bug-wise in the slightest - and yes, there are tons of cool new things AND bug fixes in U67!
Dear Tonquin,
Are you saying that if your U67 deadline was pushed back a month, and your manager said "I bought you a full month to fix whatever you want", you wouldn't end up having fixed more things than in the alternative scenario?
Because that's what I'm saying.
I'm not doubting the speed you work at. But by definition, speed's denominator is time. More time, more bugfixes.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
You're not taking into account that different SSG staff does different things. The people building quests aren't the same people that fix bugs. If they call it u67 or U66.5.3.3.5.1.2, it's the same difference. X amount of stuff was fixed by Y people while Z people built the new quests we're seeing tomorrow. The 67 vs 66 just indicated major content change; in this case new quests.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
You're not taking into account that different SSG staff does different things.
This point only stands as long as the people responsible for fixing bugs do nothing else except fix bugs (which we know is not the case). Otherwise opportunity cost rears its ugly head again.

But even if the people fixing bugs have absolutely nothing to do with building the new quests, I find it very hard to believe they would spend 0 time testing them or fixing bugs in them. Which is time that could have been spent fixing the already existing content, as long as the devs were given more time.

The Narc

I support you Tonquin, you are doing a great job and are a bright star in the night sky.

Edit: please fix the tooltip on the 3rd rank of impregnable mind in magus of the eclipse to read that it also includes not automatically failing on a will save when a 1 is rolled

Epicsoul

This point only stands as long as the people responsible for fixing bugs do nothing else except fix bugs (which we know is not the case). Otherwise opportunity cost rears its ugly head again.

But even if the people fixing bugs have absolutely nothing to do with building the new quests, I find it very hard to believe they would spend 0 time testing them or fixing bugs in them. Which is time that could have been spent fixing the already existing content, as long as the devs were given more time.
I heard SSG employs a Bug Whisperer instead. They just sit in a dark room, communing with the bugs, trying to reason with them. I also heard the Bug Whisperer employees and the Bug Creator employees have a dysfunctional relationship. I don't understand why, as they both justify each other's existence.

Dude

I heard SSG employs a Bug Whisperer instead. They just sit in a dark room, communing with the bugs, trying to reason with them. I also heard the Bug Whisperer employees and the Bug Creator employees have a dysfunctional relationship. I don't understand why, as they both justify each other's existence.
dc7662e414ee534ecf0485cf3ab41423--starship-troopers-paul-verhoeven.jpg