Update 60 Preview 1: Macrotechnic

Cashery

Bugfixes:
  • Hallowed items are now correctly Enhancement typed bonuses and not Sacred typed bonuses and also boost the correct stat.

Will the Sacred Effect found on Silver Flame items now also be enhancement bonuses as it states in the item description? Sacred effect is giving a sacred bonus currently and overrides the spell Seek Eternal Rest.

Grumpy

Is there an issue with the lamania server? I can't get past the "installing pre-reqs" phase. It just sits there, doesn't appear to be installing anything. I have tried leaving it just sit there for 10 minutes, no change, I have tried to close and reopen the client, same issue. Live is working fine, not Lamania. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the preview, still no change.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Is there an issue with the lamania server? I can't get past the "installing pre-reqs" phase. It just sits there, doesn't appear to be installing anything. I have tried leaving it just sit there for 10 minutes, no change, I have tried to close and reopen the client, same issue. Live is working fine, not Lamania. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the preview, still no change.
Same. People over on discord are giving mixed comments; some are logging in fine, others are hung that same screen. I'm personally hung on that too.

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Will the Sacred Effect found on Silver Flame items now also be enhancement bonuses as it states in the item description? Sacred effect is giving a sacred bonus currently and overrides the spell Seek Eternal Rest.
Indeed, this needs fixing too as far as we can tell (unless combat log is incorrect). More details quoted from another post:
Relevant recent thread from the old forums.

If a dev reads this thread and wants to look into the issue, the intended result of how each effect should be typed is this:
- Seek Eternal Rest should be granting a Sacred bonus to Effective Turning Level. (unsure if WAI)
- Both random-generated and named items should be granting Enhancement bonus to Effective Turning Level (Sacred) and Enhancement bonus to Max Hit Dice (Hallowed). (bugged, as is evident by this thread)
- Silver Flame (the actual effect, not the the combined Hallowed-Sacred prefix of the same name!) should be granting an Enhancement bonus to Total Hit Dice.
(likely WAI)
- Eternal Faith (an old non-scaling effect) should be granting an Enhancement bonus to all 3 attributes. (no idea if WAI or not currently)
- Insightful Faith should be granting an Insightful bonus to all 3 attributes. (likely WAI)

Cashery

Bugfixes:

Could this please be added to the bugfix....

Either make the tooltip correct for the Legendary Winter set (6 piece) to +3 Artifact Bonus to Constitution (which it currently gives) or Make the set bonus give the +4 Artifact Bonus as stated on the items.

I would prefer you make the Change to +4 Artifact bonus to Con as it would be easier than fixing all the winter items descriptions.

vryxnr

• The Storm Giant walking around Gianthold has remembered how to use his legs again and will no longer hop along his path at a jaunty angle.

you mean the stone giant? The bunny hopping happy-go-lucky just doing his own thing without a care in the world, iconic, stone giant?

Please don't lobotomize him. We love him. He's quirky and awesome. His bunny-hopping doesn't negatively impact gameplay, but it does add a fun, quirky, charming detail to the game.

This was brought up several years ago, and it got massive pushback from the players, so the "bug" was left in, and we were all happier for it. And now it's coming back. Why? We love him as he is.

Shadowalker

As long as you guys are at it and making all these adjustments to runearms and such, some tool tips or such (text in the combat log) so we could see what our runearm DC is at much like how casters can hover over a spell and see with their total DC for that spell is at would be nice.

Also, some info in the combat log to see what lvl our rune arm is shooting at. That kind of stuff.

And hey, while arti's are getting a lil love... their dogs could use a lil love too. They would really like it if the gear they wore worked again. Along with the augments in them.

They are good boys after all.

wolfdy

Can we please get Elite and Reaper giving the same exp?

Reaper should be an optional challenge for those who wanted it, giving xp bonus makes TRing players "forced" into r1, which is a big barrier for new players

We all know you "can" play on elite, but on MMOs everyone usualy just go for the better option, and thats r1 atm

Arcanaverse

Solver of Secrets
  • The Storm Giant walking around Gianthold has remembered how to use his legs again and will no longer hop along his path at a jaunty angle.
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!

Surely this is oversight. Massive nerf. Please unfix and make it a feature.

I love him. He's the best giant! It makes for a such a wonderful discovery moment.

A happy giant and the other npcs be jealous of his joy and whimsical nature.

For context, on semi rare occasion a giant making the rounds in the gianthold will just spontanous start hoping along his path instead of walking. Its just the best.

Graceana

Stealer of Souls
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Seriously, why would they want to take away my joy? And the giant's???

Misadventure

Killing everybody on Hardcore with pleasure.
I dont think casters need another aoe CC. I would like to see a tactics version of the aoe stun (most epic destiny melee/ranged CC is inadequate -GMoF excluded) and some strikethough to compliment battle engineer

Im not a fan of the mantle (SR value need to be much higher to be useful unless its stacking - impossible to say as its not currently working) I dont see that getting much use in the META but might see some use on hardcore and may see some use on a utility (non-dps) arti (ie bubble bot)

I would like the tree to open up some new build options eg centering with runearms or rune arms not breaking druidic oath high up in the tree/cores
The mantle also needs an auto repair function, repairs the surrounding which is the same as angel mantle except that its only repairs.

Lotoc

Vile Eruption now deals its correct damage through Earthquake.
Please reconsider the way this is being done.
Vile Eruption as written is horribly underwhelming and probably among the weakest level 18 cores in the game.
Vile Eruption as it works is absolutely too good but the issue isn't the damage value, it's how the effect is lasting far longer than it should.

Currently Vile Eruption is doing 2d6+1 per caster level (as apposed to flat 2d6+1) applying as a 30 second damage over time which persists from when the last tick of earthquake is taken by the target (leading to it lasting upto a full minute from a single cast of earthquake (granted no high reaper duration reduction is in effect)
You're leaving in the 30 second duration which pushes it currently from good to insane.
But you're gutting the damage from good to garbage.
At this point you may as well replace the core entirely.

Last edited:

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Please reconsider the way this is being done.
Vile Eruption as written is horribly underwhelming and probably among the weakest level 18 cores in the game.
Vile Eruption as it works is absolutely too good but the issue isn't the damage value.

Currently Vile Eruption is doing 2d6+1 per character level (as apposed to flat 2d6+1) applying as a 30 second damage over time which persists from when the last tick of earthquake is taken by the target (leading to it lasting upto a full minute from a single cast of earthquake (granted no high reaper duration reduction is in effect)
You're leaving in the 30 second duration which pushes it from good to insane.
But you're gutting the damage from good to garbage.
At this point you may as well replace the core entirely.
Agreed, I would much rather see the duration lowered and the damage not be this much gutted. No argument about it needing a severe nerf though. I just don't think this is the way to go.

Last edited:

parttimewarrior

Couldn't log in earlier due to some bug, so commenting just now.

You write about fixing Laughter and Mutilate from Ravager enhancement tree, but these aren't the only enhancements that weren't working there. Festering Wound and Dismember were also broken so how about you fix those as well?

The Blonde

Catalogues Bugs
Couldn't log in earlier due to some bug, so commenting just now.

You write about fixing Laughter and Mutilate from Ravager enhancement tree, but these aren't the only enhancements that weren't working there. Festering Wound and Dismember were also broken so how about you fix those as well?

They know:

I'm sorry to sour the mood, but I'm not seeing "90% of the fixes" in Lamannia. I'm only seeing 2 issues fixed (Metalline Bond was just a display issue), and 4 still bugged.

Fixed:
1) Laughter - Last time I tested this it wasn't only the Melee Power not applying properly - the enhancement wasn't granting ANY Fury stacks at all, regardless of whether Slaughter hit or critically hit. I'm assuming these portions of the enhancement are fixed too, otherwise it remains utterly broken.
2) Mutillate (hopefully the Bane damage scales as advertised)

Not Fixed:
1) Festering Wound (does absolutely nothing)
2) Dismember (does absolutely nothing)
3) Hate (doesn't generate extra Threat, taking OP's word for it, haven't personally tested this - I do see mention of "Threat" in the combat log, but it may very well be bugged indeed)
4) Knockout (Ear Smash's upgrade in Occult Slayer): It's supposed to be putting enemies to sleep for 6/12/18 seconds, but in reality they are only CC'd for 1-2 seconds. The "On Vorpal, enemies are stunned instead" portion of the ability functions correctly.

No idea if Slaughter's +[W] are actually fixed either. Tested Slaughter just now, its +[W] work fine.

Maybe we should put off celebrating until things are actually working?

Hopefully these fixes just haven't made it into the preview build yet. Various people worked on them so I don't know what got fixed when and the when determines if it made it into preview so maybe the 90% was more like 30%. I will double check :p

-T

There are the missing HP from the core too, Torc. Hopefully that gets fixed.

At only 30% fixed I'll want my panther Points back!

But I have faith! 😁👍

EinarMal

Please re-consider vile eruption, the damage as written is completely useless. I can understand an adjustment, but it should do some sort of scaling damage per caster level or you might as well just delete the damage.

Its a level 18 core, it should be at least something decent. On high reaper, earthquake duration makes the spell mostly useless for CC as it is.