Update 63 Preview 1: Named Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelStar

Senior Systems Designer
Hello everyone!

There are twelve new named items in U63! These drop from the four new quests, and can be found in the Test Dojo.

Feel free to discuss them here!

rabidfox

The People's Champion
The new gear is gonna make doing the extreme challenge quests worthwhile.
new_items_2.jpg

new_items_1.jpg

new_items_3.jpg

image.png

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

• it would be cool if the +12 non stacking bonus to 1 save would instead by +3 profane to that save
  • also the trinket with dodge would be much better if it was insightful or quality dodge since its not an augment
  • i also think the items with +5 exceptional lore should have excepitonal spellpower to go with it
  • also the ring with INS tactics isnt the best, i think it should have profane and quality combat mastery to make it useful to more characters
  • i also think the fear immunity on some of the items isnt the best, would be slightly cooler if it was like fear immunity+poison immunity, or fear+petrify immunity, or fear+slow immunity, or fear+exhaust immunty or something

Nickodeamous

is that...a...monk...specific item. Ok, what's the catch... jk. that's sweet!

Edit: I tried to shoehorn this in...not gonna happen :( I tried reconfiguring all my dinobone stuff with set bonuses, but couldnt fit it in. Also, the loss of craftable GoMF made this new trinket unusable (swap item at best to juice up the ki). At least the GoMF can be crafted to fit in some missing attributes etc.

If this was a Belt, it would be perfect...

Last edited:

Fhrek

One Badge of Honor achieved
  1. Trinkets should have 3 slots (1 Green, 1 Blue and 1 Yellow) to match some the minor artifacts that will replace in some builds
  2. All rings should have at least 4 affixes, the Ring of the Transformed voice has just three
  3. For level 32 itens, kind of weak or meh compared with some 29 set bonus piece and minor artifacts that can have filigrees

Smokewolf

Hard to imagine what roles these new items will have at lvl 32. Especially when most players have one or more gear set bonuses that would be lost from using them.

Edit: As is, most of thes drops would be used to feed my Sentient gems. Hope something interesting is added that would make it worth losing a set bonus for.

Last edited:

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
Really at this point all gear should have a "set" slot and we should be allowed to "slot in" whatever set we want it to be a part of. Then we could concentrate more on gear with fun and unique effects rather than I'm going to wear this item solely because it's part of X set.

CBDunk

The +5% exceptional universal spell lore bonus is currently limited to a few set bonuses and a handful of items. Thus, I expect those rings will find a place in some gear tetris configurations.
Likewise, some of these will likely be used for the quality stat bonuses if those are missing from a particular gear configuration.
The Titan's grip clicky makes sense for almost everyone... just for extra damage and/or passing strength checks.

If 'extreme challenge' is less difficult than 'raid' then characters who don't do a lot of raiding will likely find additional uses for these... especially since they are BtA rather than BtC. So, not the new meta, but likely to make some people happy.

Reactions: MSC

Nickodeamous

Hard to imagine what roles these new items will have at lvl 32. Especially when most players have one or more gear set bonuses that would be lost from using them.

Edit: As is, most of thes drops would be used to feed my Sentient gems. Hope something interesting is added that would make it worth losing a set bonus for.
I just tried fitting in the monk trinket...and well...you are 100% correct. too much to lose from existing set bonuses.

Bowserkoopa

King of the Koopa's
Would be nice if we could descontructed named gear and garner set bonus fragments to assemble as slottable augments.
Yes this is exactly the kind of system that should exist currently it would do so much for making various fun and unique gear actually usable rather than adding to the giant pile of useless or near useless gear.

Theo

is that...a...monk...specific item. Ok, what's the catch... jk. that's sweet!

Edit: I tried to shoehorn this in...not gonna happen :( I tried reconfiguring all my dinobone stuff with set bonuses, but couldnt fit it in. Also, the loss of craftable GoMF made this new trinket unusable (swap item at best to juice up the ki). At least the GoMF can be crafted to fit in some missing attributes etc.

If this was a Belt, it would be perfect...
well the flayed mind really competes with the the iron trinket ... any chance of a different slot?

Love

Looks like great filler items, nice to see quality stats on rings and trinkets.
  1. Trinkets should have 3 slots (1 Green, 1 Blue and 1 Yellow) to match some the minor artifacts that will replace in some builds
  2. All rings should have at least 4 affixes, the Ring of the Transformed voice has just three
  3. For level 32 itens, kind of weak or meh compared with some 29 set bonus piece and minor artifacts that can have filigrees
No, the trinkets are not minor artifacts. They're not gonna replace any artifacts, you're just going to have a minor artifact in another slot.

Ying

5000+ hours played
The CHA ring is missing the Enchantment Resistance +11 that the WIS and INT rings have.

The Pearl of Telepathic Seeking is nothing short of amazing considering how difficult it is to slot quality seeker and deception.

The CHA and INT trinkets are yawn-worthy beyond the Quality +3 stat. Since you put Exceptional Lore on the ring, put Exceptional USP on the trinkets in place of the Immunity to Fear or False Life effects.

So the STR trinket gets a clicky, but none of the other trinkets do. Consistently inconsistent.

Last edited:

Spook

Some of these pieces are amazingly well itemised but sadly I cant see them getting much use as they are not part of a set or interfere with other sets (GoMF)

Status
Not open for further replies.