Update 63 Preview 1: Named Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
Set items have expanded to fill everything by now*. These not being set items makes them much less desirable, at least not something I'd build around.

* Personally, I think it's become too much, but that ship has sailed a long time ago.

Scrag

I can't think of a single thing I slot that does not have a set bonus, except legendary goggles of dust for the crazy good +evoc bonuses!

Scrag

An idea. Why not give the rings Illithid set bonus like Elders? 2 slot only, got to wear two rings. That is pretty crippling because so many rings are _so good_. However, if the Illithid set bonus is unique and awesome like the Deck of Many Things... I would totally find a way to make it work with two of em.

I mean, cmon! Squidface gear! With Squidface set bonuses! I would even take some sort of penalty (-X to something) if the set bonus was righteous!

Contessor

The CHA ring is missing the Enchantment Resistance +11 that the WIS and INT rings have.

The Pearl of Telepathic Seeking is nothing short of amazing considering how difficult it is to slot quality seeker and deception.

The CHA and INT trinkets are yawn-worthy beyond the Quality +3 stat. Since you put Exceptional Lore on the ring, put Exceptional USP on the trinkets in place of the Immunity to Fear or False Life effects.

So the STR trinket gets a clicky, but none of the other trinkets do. Consistently inconsistent.
The psionic str clicky is nice, but should scale being legendary. This clicky is no different than the lvl 18 version from mindsunder, except with 2 more charges,. It should be 5 minutes duration in my opinon.

Last edited:

Nickodeamous

well the flayed mind really competes with the the iron trinket ... any chance of a different slot?
The flayed mind is kinda a replacement fot the cornerstone champ as well. However, by using the trinket slot, you technically free up the belt, but lose the GoMF craftable trinket and corresponding set bonuses. If it were a belt, this would cause less of an issue (at least that is what I am seeing).

HoopleHead

These look good... but until gear starts getting the flexibility of customizable set bonus additions, they won't get much use. People just spent an absolute TON of time & resources building the perfect gear load-out using Dread crafting, but some are still using their 5-6 piece LGS....
I know I just FINALLY finished farming all the gear I wanted for my load-out: 2-piece ToEE/3-Piece Lost/5-piece Forbidden... no chance any of these are candidates as replacements...

Argavyon

(pardon for the double posting, but I caught how the multi-quote worked way too late and know not how to delete posts)

Argavyon

new_items.jpg
Is it too much of an ask to get Vertigo added on the Str/Tactics ring? Thanks!

Scrag

These look good... but until gear starts getting the flexibility of customizable set bonus additions, they won't get much use. People just spent an absolute TON of time & resources building the perfect gear load-out using Dread crafting, but some are still using their 5-6 piece LGS....
I know I just FINALLY finished farming all the gear I wanted for my load-out: 2-piece ToEE/3-Piece Lost/5-piece Forbidden... no chance any of these are candidates as replacements...
I feel the Choose Your Own Adventure bonuses on lost purpose gear in vecna is _sweet_. It would be nice if it could be applied here as well.

Arkat

Founder & Super Hero
The new gear is gonna make doing the extreme challenge quests worthwhile.

new_items_1.jpg
This is really nice. Will have to try to fit it in to Arkat's gearset somehow.

Ever since I dropped Enhanced Ki by switching out my Duality handwraps for The Claws of the Balor, I've been missing all that "extra" Ki.

As Nick said above, if this were a belt, it would be perfect.

BuckGB

Just wanted to echo the sentiment that most of these would result in a net loss due to the lack of set bonuses, and will therefore just be sentient food for many builds. If the intention is to build extreme challenge quests that require more time and effort out of your players, there has to be an incentive.

Adding a 5th effect, debuting unique effects we've never seen before, increasing the numeric values, and/or introducing a way to slot any set bonus would likely provide the necessary carrot.

Qeistalan

Is this the whole of U63 Named Loot: Rings and Trinkets?

Also: Why are U31/32 named items still limited to max four abilities?
Since these items are (supposedly) "Legendary", why aren't we at the five-ability level for Legendary gear?

Also also: We're into Legendary levels now , so ... Where are the Ability tomes higher than +8? Where are the Skill tomes higher than +5?

Spook

As Nick said above, if this were a belt, it would be perfect.
I know making it a belt makes it an easy swap from cornerstone champion but it’s actually the worst slot for this item as we need more choices where SRF can be slotted. Having said that I’m not a fan of the trinket slot for this item unless it gains a set bonus as it blocks the most flexible slot in the game currently.

Qeistalan

I know making it a belt makes it an easy swap from cornerstone champion but it’s actually the worst slot for this item as we need more choices where SRF can be slotted. Having said that I’m not a fan of the trinket slot for this item unless it gains a set bonus as it blocks the most flexible slot in the game currently.
How about at Legendary levels, characters get a second Trinket slot that opens up?

Two rings, two trinkets. Think about it ... :unsure:

Aaabbbcccddd

Does "Greater Marksmanship" stack with deadly or accuracy? If it does it is not worded very well. And if it doesn't it's kinda useless.

FVSHasBeenEvenMoreGutted

a more interesting idea, steelstar. what if instead of 6 trinkets and 6 rings ALL the items are BOTH trinkets AND rings, like the 5 rings from slave lords? if this happens then the items would be SO much more flexible, and in this day and age, flexibility is important. would make a lot more gearsets possible

Nickodeamous

Yeah, right now, with my gear setup, I cant get rid of the Cornerstone Champion. I have asked about superior reinforced fists almost every update. Glad they added it, but for me, removing my GoMF with set bonus and craftable slots is a no go. I'd rather just get a different version of the cornerstone (like this trinket). :)

Nickodeamous

a more interesting idea, steelstar. what if instead of 6 trinkets and 6 rings ALL the items are BOTH trinkets AND rings, like the 5 rings from slave lords? if this happens then the items would be SO much more flexible, and in this day and age, flexibility is important. would make a lot more gearsets possible
sold!!! this is a fantastic idea!! if you make it a ring as well, that opens up so much more!

Status
Not open for further replies.