Update 64+ Preview 1 Feedback: Cat'Astrophe Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hara

There is no reason when creating a named set augment that the augment should not become restricted to the type of item it can be inserted into based on the type of item used to create it. So if you sacrifice the Part of the Family armour to create an augment then that augment would only be usable on another piece of armour, and you would always need Part of the Family on armour to get the set bonus. Its less of an issue with sets such as Feywild where all but goggles have items for each of the sets but would probably make sense to keep it consistent as well as preventing the use of goggles for Feywild named sets.

Part of The Family Armour plus Augment ---> Part of The Family Armour Augment
Part of The Family Necklace plus Augment ---> Part of The Family Necklace Augment
Part of The Family Gloves plus Augment ---> Part of The Family Gloves Augment

I had been thinking for some time that there needed to be a way to transfer named item bonuses to items which did not have them, and every time a new update came out with shinny new gear without named set bonuses on the thought came again. There is a lot of nice gear in this game that just sits in my bank because it is not part of a set and the set bonuses are just too nice to miss out on. I should not be using level15 armour at level 20-28 but I do because the set bonus is just too nice and most of the gear in epics is old and out of date.

Onyxia2016

I should not be using level15 armour at level 20-28 but I do because the set bonus is just too nice and most of the gear in epics is old and out of date.

This is so true. See a lot of nice gear in epics that when compared at the item slot level is better but it breaks the level 15 set so you feed it or sell it. I think the bigger issue is due to the lack of epic level expansion that offer gear sets. We have heroic/legendary version but epic has been largely forgotten in recent years.

Aelonwy

This is so true. See a lot of nice gear in epics that when compared at the item slot level is better but it breaks the level 15 set so you feed it or sell it. I think the bigger issue is due to the lack of epic level expansion that offer gear sets. We have heroic/legendary version but epic has been largely forgotten in recent years.
When Saltmarsh came out they did a huge revamp of old Scroll/Seal/Shard epic items and mostly did a pretty good job with them too so if you are looking for epic gear with set bonuses you could choose between Sands of Menchtarun gear/Vault of Night/Red Fens/Chronoscope/Saltmarsh. You can even get more than one set bonus because not all the sets require armor like the expansion sets. It would have been nice when they were revamping Phiarlan Carnival to have given its items a set bonus. No set bonuses in Lords of Dust revamped items either.

Its too bad they didn't make level 20 versions of some of the other expansion gear like Feywild or Ravenloft but I suppose that Update was already very full. They could have used Ferrocrystals and Talismans for the crafting ingredients the way they used the Hay from Saltmarsh

Also they still seriously need to update MotU gear (which desperately needs augment slots let alone set bonuses) and ALL gear that still drops different versions on different difficulties GH/Wheloon/Stormhorns/Druid's Deep/High Road. If they want ideas for funding those updates I posted some in this thread : https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/smaller-more-affordable-support-packs-please.1492/
Page 2, post #31.

Last edited:

Onyxia2016

I think the release of Sharn 3 piece sets far exceeded the stats for other gear of the same level and well into epics. Saltmarsh explorer is a fine set but it is five pieces. This makes filling in with others like Ravenloft Mist set all but impossible.

Having said that, I have not looked into filling non-Explorer slots with decent non-set pieces. Looks like I need to play a few rounds of gear tetris. ;)

gljosh

I agree with some sets just being to "nice" to want to lose an interesting bonus. I run a Feywild set, with a few swaps, until level 15, then it is a Sharn and Feywild blend till mid/late Epics.

Status
Not open for further replies.