Update 66 Preview 1 - Epic Destiny Refresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

J1NG

I can do things others can't...
Just tried the Exalted Angel change to the Flaming Blade Barrier that follows you after very fire/light/positive damage/healing is done.

And I'm not a fan of this particular change.

This change does absolutely nothing for solo or group play. In most cases you'll be lucky to get one "tick" of anything AND THATS IT.

So tests on how it works in Lam now, once active and triggered and kept up (say with an Archon), what do you get? The first initial tick of damage or healing to yourself or allies if you do not move.

Lets say we're solo'ing, so we stay mobile. We ONLY get the damage portion IF enemies are moving in and out of our barrier (either from them moving in, which is just the first time, or if we move out of the way to get them out of the way, but that will be harder to do easily due to speed differences). We only get the initial tick of healing when the barrier goes up. We ourselves, get nothing more as we can't move out of the barrier ourselves (as mentioned by a poster above this one).

If we're in a group and trigger this, we risk damaging enemies we don't want to and gaining aggro (again, mentioned by others) and of course, we only ever gain the first initial tick of healing whilst it is up. And if we're healing constantly, this Barrier does nothing of worth unlike how the Aura works right now on Live.

I would propose that the Mantle has two version, one a toggle for the Barrier that deals damage (which really needs more work on it really). And one for the healing "whatever", with my preference being a return to the old existing Live healing Aura; so that once triggered, it ticks every few seconds to heal everyone in the Aura AOE. This way you don't have it always on as in Live right now, but also won't make it super situational for use either.

J1NG

Lazuli

Correct me if I am wrong but is dragonbreath going from 1d6+10 x2 to only 1d6+7 ??? That's a huge nerf why nerf it into the ground ? Why not meet in the middle? Please think this through
It is a nuclear nuke in the purest SSG style, its habit is to make the object of its nerf absolutely useless instead of retouching appropriately.

Anyway. They never learn.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Maybe use the coding from Chain Lightning for it? That seems to work decently well.
It might already. Players don't move the same way mobs do. We side strafe and jump and tumble and all sorts of stuff. If a person stands still then chain heal lands, but any time a heal cast goes off with zero effect it's a problem (same issue I have with alch healing when vials spin off any never land but that's best left for a whole other thread).

Lazuli

Feedback: Holy Fireball has a MCL of 20. Please remove the MCL from an epic spell so it will scale with epic levels.

Same goes for the casting epic strikes, please let them not be kneecapped by MCL.
This. All epic strikes need to remove the max CL.

And please don't make dragon breath useless. That nerf is too much. And tonquin, keep in mind that now the one that dominates is the melee dps. With difference.

mikarddo

That's correct. Right now, all 3 Epic Strike upgrades double the damage of Dragon Breath. Two of them (Energy Vortex and Energy Burst) also change the spell's form into one with different usability. However, if you wanted the damage upgrade without changing to the other two shapes, Gaping Maw grants you the increased damage without changing the spell otherwise. The only part of this that's changing with this pass is the amount of damage gained by taking any of the three enhancements.

Is the nerf to those really intended to go from 2d6+20 (27 avg) down to 1d6+7 (10.5 avg)? Even factoring in the lower cooldown its still a 51% nerf!

Mind, in R10 thats on top of the 33% nerf we got recently to caster damage - for a combined 66% nerf. Ouch.

Jack Jarvis Esquire

Yes, I do. In that case you are just trolling as your statement is obviously contrary to the facts as seen in all R10 groups or R raids assuming well build characters.
Is everyone who disagrees with you a troll? Assume what you like. I've no reason to troll anyone on here whatsoever. Melee should have better DPS than ranged or casters and the balance in that regard is pretty much fine. Plenty still play all types in high R, and I've done so myself.

My statement is not contrary to the facts, just contrary to your opinion. They're not the same thing.

Bleating over additional unnecessary nerfs to melee is unhelpful. I get you don't like that or agree with that, which is fine but dressing up your opinion as fact does nothing to help your point, whatever that's supposed to be, other than nerf melee because you want to be top DPS as well as staying out of mob range. I think that's nonsense.

Lazuli

Is everyone who disagrees with you a troll? Assume what you like. I've no reason to troll anyone on here whatsoever. Melee should have better DPS than ranged or casters and the balance in that regard is pretty much fine. Plenty still play all types in high R, and I've done so myself.

My statement is not contrary to the facts, just contrary to your opinion. They're not the same thing.

Bleating over additional unnecessary nerfs to melee is unhelpful. I get you don't like that or agree with that, which is fine but dressing up your opinion as fact does nothing to help your point, whatever that's supposed to be, other than nerf melee because you want to be top DPS as well as staying out of mob range. I think that's nonsense.
I am not asking for any nerf to the melee, but it is indisputable that now the melee dps dominates. The nerf to magic in high reaper was excessive and indiscriminate (there were many classes that should have received a buff, not a nerf, not all are sorc/druid cold casters), and melees have always dominated raids, now also quests .

Currently the dps caster does NOT deserve a nerf. And dragon breath has received too big a nerf. If they want to nerf it, do it sparingly and add the lost damage somewhere else, because magic damage right now is nothing exceptional to nerf.

mikarddo

I should not have used the T work, I am sorry about that and went back to edit it out. My apologies for using that work.

As for the rest I definitely do see it as facts but obviously you are entitled to a different opinion. I also see others post the same in this thread and in many prior threads - melee dominate as the difficulty goes up. Most noteable when LD posted about pushing R10 raids but certainly also in lesser settings. Sure, anyone can do most quests on R10 as the game has gotten easier but martial dps wins big time when you get to the mobs that matter (hint - its not the trash or the kill count).

Selvera

Shadowdancer​

Another tree to get a slightly more in-depth overhaul, focused on beefing up the Mantle a bit and boosting the Epic Strike.
  • Mantle t5 upgrade's shadowy floating vfx and feather fall moves to the T2 Mantle upgrade, Depths of Darkness
Can you please stop trying to force featherfall on melees. I don't play with featherfall and I don't want to; but the extra defense of that T2 is very useful on a melee. Now I need to chose between slow reaction times to maybe get hit for thousands of damage or just a severe nerf to my ability to tank when I need to.

Mindos

CHAOTIC EVIL
For the duration of this ability, Raise Dead and Resurrection also raise your target to full HP like True Resurrection does.
What does the target see? Tonquin has cast Raise Dead on you, do you accept? Or will it read Tonquin has cast True Resurrection?
And what happens if the target is tardy in clicking accept and the 20 seconds Ascendance moment has passed before they accept the raise/true resurrection?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.