Value of Drow Weapons in 2024?

Purr

I have a drow khopesh sitting in the bank.

Is there any point holding on to these anymore, or is, for example, oathblade a universally better option for this?

Follow up: are any of the drow weps still best in slot or "very good in slot for a flavor build"?

Scrag

Depends. I use the drow scimitars, warhammers, other things. Definitely have value, especially if you get one with like +10 stunning and some additional benefit.

l_remmie

They are all still really good. And best in slot for that build that uses warhammers or scimitars etc.

If you don't plan on ever using them throw them in the ah. You can make someone happy.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
There is only SoS or it's bigger brother eSoS or the fabled 3-part LSoS found deep in the bowels of Myth Drannor's Labrythine and deadly dungeons.

Nothing more.

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
I've used drow weapons for levelling on some builds, they're decent enough in certain cases.

Sarlona Raiding

They are the best non-raid weapons available at level 21, the problem has always been the limited selection of weapons available. If they ever open that pack for any reason I really hope they make more types of weapons available there.

Dunspartacus

Drow weapons are just really solid epic leveling options, so if you plan to do TRing/alts they can definitely be worth holding onto. That said it is a khopesh.

Remember khopeshes? I don't think SSG does.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Solid Epic leveling but their key value is if you add the sentient jewel before equipping it. Then it becomes BtA instead of BtC. Oathblades are BtC whereas the Drow Longsword can be made BtA. This is if you Alts but even if not, it is one more item that can be given to a bank mule.

I wish there was a Kukri and other weapons in the mix from that quest.

droid327

Yeah a lot of them are made obsolete by equal-or-better ML20 options, that are often easier to obtain too (Oath, eXuum, etc.). Especially since they lost the advantage of bigger base W die and are just on the standard curve now.

A few of them still have value for builds that are locked into specific weapon types and cant use Longsword KT or Falchion. Bsword, Daxe, Dagger for VKF, Maul for SIlvanus, Qstaff for Centered, Scim for Dex Tempest would be the ones I can think of

Khopesh would only be useful for a War Domain Cleric. But no one really plays that. Everyone else that might consider it would be using Longswords with KT instead.

Fisto Mk I

Solid Epic leveling but their key value is if you add the sentient jewel before equipping it. Then it becomes BtA instead of BtC. Oathblades are BtC whereas the Drow Longsword can be made BtA. This is if you Alts but even if not, it is one more item that can be given to a bank mule.

I wish there was a Kukri and other weapons in the mix from that quest.
...and after becomes BtA and remove jewel, they still BtA and can be traded via ASAH! 8)

Serasam

Stout Oak Walking Stick from Commendation: Villagers of Eveningstar vendor is my preferred Epic Quarterstaff with a 19-20 x3 base crit profile. I have a Drow Great Axe with Blood Feast fili set for raging lives.

Mickeymouse

There is only SoS or it's bigger brother eSoS or the fabled 3-part LSoS found deep in the bowels of Myth Drannor's Labrythine and deadly dungeons.

Nothing more.
EH NO. stone guards everywhere. also tons of mobs with resistance to slash dmg. if you ever play more then r1, you will feel it.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
I have a drow khopesh sitting in the bank.

Is there any point holding on to these anymore, or is, for example, oathblade a universally better option for this?

Follow up: are any of the drow weps still best in slot or "very good in slot for a flavor build"?
They dropped a bit in value when all weapons were given +3w at level 20 but they still have improved critical profiles. But they were never best in slot for anything

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
They are the best non-raid weapons available at level 21, the problem has always been the limited selection of weapons available. If they ever open that pack for any reason I really hope they make more types of weapons available there.
Hard disagree. Antique, sting, oathblade, stout walking stick, cutthroat's, none of these are raid weapons and with the w changes are way better than drow weapons. Possibly the maul for silvanus builds but that's about it.

saekee

long live ROGUE
Hard disagree. Antique, sting, oathblade, stout walking stick, cutthroat's, none of these are raid weapons and with the w changes are way better than drow weapons. Possibly the maul for silvanus builds but that's about it.
the drow dagger with knife spec or swashing hit 13-20 crit range, very nice.

Am using kukris now so miss this although the paralyzing on an EMG has some effectiveness here and there

FuzzyDuck81

The dwarven axe & the bastard sword are both very solid options. Maul for Silvanus followers is a beast. Longsword is still decent & no alignment restriction plus being able to make it BtoA can give it an advantage vs. the Oathblade in some situations.

AbyssalMage

They dropped a bit in value when all weapons were given +3w at level 20 but they still have improved critical profiles. But they were never best in slot for anything
I haven't looked since that nerf but they were definitely BiS before that (if you didn't have an eSoS). You had to upgrade the CitW weapons to tier 2 (or 3) before they became better which had many players upset at the time too. TF (tier 3) were better at 26 but you were near "end game" by then.

kmoustakas

Scourge of Xaos
I haven't looked since that nerf but they were definitely BiS before that (if you didn't have an eSoS). You had to upgrade the CitW weapons to tier 2 (or 3) before they became better which had many players upset at the time too. TF (tier 3) were better at 26 but you were near "end game" by then.
Other than maul and silvanus, which drow weapon was BiS? You don't have to upgrade mornh to be better than drow hammer, you don't have to upgrade agony to be better than drow dagger, stout walking stick was already better than drow quarterstaff (let alone sireth), crystal cove shortsword was better than drow shortsword, CC scimitar wasn't but was soon after as they added vorpal to it (and now it's 3w!), chaosblade was always better than drow khopesh, antique was always better than drow greataxe even before the 3w upgrade, oathblade was always better than drow longsword and chimera's fang was better for tanks back then (only tanks really used bastard swords). An arguement could be made that even today there isn't a good maul or dwarven axe around (or light mace, lol) for levels 21-25.

Drow weapons were good and easy to get, but they were NEVER best in slot. You couldn't be bothered to farm really hard to get (in the past) actually good epic weapons, yes. Better? No. And now with all the old item changes and how easy it is to make them epic, the only real value of drow weapons is you can sell them in the asah.

All things considered, even borderlands weapons compare to drow weapons. They lose 1 critical threat but are even easier to get and gain a slot and material bypass.