Vecna Unleashed Mini Expansion.

Deathromancer

So this is a mini expansion, no explorer area, no heroic enhancement tree, no new race or class, yet still had a Regular expansion price, I picked it up and am a bit disappointed that it was not a full expansion, considering what we had to pay for it. If it had been listed as a mini expansion I wouldn't have picked it up.

And another than a few augments and the 30% spell crit stuff and rune arms, not much else in the expansion worth farming or making me want to run out and get it.

I'm still hoping there's more new named loot that's not posted, as unless your a caster, or don't already have some good rune arms and play arties alot theres not much other than a few of the augments worth getting, and a few augments are not even close to worth the cost of the Collectors Edition.

Keep this in mind when you roll out the next new expansion.

badmofo

i got caught out too not reading thinking it was a full expansion and bought top tier.. pretty disappointed that its the same price as i paid for isle of dread?

Vendetta

Yea I saw a lot of that stuff was missing compared to previous Expansions, so I'm not getting this one until it goes on sale. They should have listed it as a micro expansion and had a lower price so players didn't get the new expansion and buy top tier without realizing it wasn't the usual full package.

Good Luck hope theres more to it than whats been posted already!

Crazybolt

Thats why I never buy that stuff right out of the gate, I don't want to end up with buyers remorse. I figure it will be on sale eventually and if better than current sale I might try it then. Not a big arty fan or warforged player as I don't like to multiclass them but don't like not having evasion unless i get it with epic destiny or a non warforged race.

Let us know if its better than advertised on the loot after you play it next week.

Last edited:

Covidicus

I checked it out on Lammania, thats the best way to see if a new ones worth buying. and I have to say this missing stuff, you would normally get in a new expansion that where not in Vecna, but it still having a big price made it easy for me to decide not to buy it.

MissEdit

i got caught out too not reading thinking it was a full expansion and bought top tier.. pretty disappointed that its the same price as i paid for isle of dread?
Same here, oops. Did you have issues with collecting the character inv expansion? it gave me the bank expansion, but no additional Inv slots

misterski

The weird thing is that Saltmarsh was the first "mini" expansion and yet it had a very large explorer zone.

Cheeps

Tired Member
Maybe they will do an expansion for this expansion that includes an explorer area, heroic enhancement tree, a new race or a new class...

This is the first expansion without an explorer area?

Doesn't feel right, not getting credit card out.

rabidfox

The People's Champion
Saltmarsh had the explore zone but no raid. Vecna has no explore but has a raid. That's a tradeoff I'll live with; I get way more use out of raids.

Kyrr

Saltmarsh had the explore zone but no raid. Vecna has no explore but has a raid. That's a tradeoff I'll live with; I get way more use out of raids.
That's assuming that the raid isn't a Hunt 2.0, it isn't being crafted by the same developer-but nothing is stopping them from creating a small room with an aggressive spawn rate that lag locks the dungeon..

Xezon

I'm the opposite. I get zero benefit from Raids and this will be the first expansion since MotU that I will not be purchasing.

Also, on a related but sorta not note. I very VERY VERY highly dislike the precedent being set on the new Epic Destiny being gated behind an expansion paywall. Granted, eventually, it too will be sold seperately for DDO points, but I'm looking at this with a skeptical eye for the potential slippery slope this sets up.

I'd urge a great deal of caution on using this method going forward.

House Elf

I bought the basic version for the epic destiny and the monster manual. I don't really know how much use I'll get out of more level 18 content but will check out the quests next time I pass through 18-20 for something different. It would have been nice to see some new 11-14 content.

Kyrr

I bought the basic version for the epic destiny and the monster manual. I don't really know how much use I'll get out of more level 18 content but will check out the quests next time I pass through 18-20 for something different. It would have been nice to see some new 11-14 content.
Don't quote me on this. But I believe these quests will be able to played at level 20 in Reaper, so you can open your epic leveling experience with those quests, and that saga will count in terms of Epic (big XP).. I'm like 99% certain that is what was said on Fridays at Four.

Seppi Pearlsmith

So this is a mini expansion, no explorer area, no heroic enhancement tree, no new race or class, yet still had a Regular expansion price, I picked it up and am a bit disappointed that it was not a full expansion, considering what we had to pay for it. If it had been listed as a mini expansion I wouldn't have picked it up.

And another than a few augments and the 30% spell crit stuff and rune arms, not much else in the expansion worth farming or making me want to run out and get it.

I'm still hoping there's more new named loot that's not posted, as unless your a caster, or don't already have some good rune arms and play arties alot theres not much other than a few of the augments worth getting, and a few augments are not even close to worth the cost of the Collectors Edition.

Keep this in mind when you roll out the next new expansion.
So it is an adventure pack. An expensive one. :(

Steeme

So it is an adventure pack. An expensive one. :(

13 quests + Saga reward is a bit more than an adventure pack

New ED gives you +1 DP right out of the gates (huge), +1 DP for the 3xEPL (also huge)

Top tier pack gives you +1 Universal Tome per character + Lvl 30 Rogue Hireling that can do traps and secret doors at cap

MM9 extra XP while levelling

Lack of explorer area is actually a bonus because you don't have to waste time trudging through it to do questing

atJCOM_TO

Guild Ghallanda TAXES, am the guild leader
I've bought it. Enjoy the cosmetics, tomes n goodies. Did not go to Lamania just craving more new content, exciting stuffs, now the god of secrets!?!?!?!?!?! Wooot peaked inspiration, I've had one DM (dungeon master you newb) let me play Vecna on paper in approx 1993-4.it was grand. Highlights I had made it rich with mining in D&D, and created regular character but encountering the Vecna relic....