VIP +15% bonus days

Eme

After subbing for a month for the additional +15% VIP xp bonus, then cancelling right after so it was only a months worth that covered the bonus days. I came to the conclusion that: if that was the permanent VIP bonus, I would keep a sub running, and would level a heck of a lot more past lives. Without that bonus there is nothing that interestes me in VIP, and can not be bothered running past lives.
That bonus additional +15%, for me, at least, is what tips the balance between paying and playing across many levels, or just minimum spend and staying at cap.

Phoenicis

Savage's Husband
I thought +15% VIP bonus was standard?
10%, plus 1% per party member that's not you.

The Bonus weekend +15% is on top of the +10, so +25% VIP bonus that weekend.

I don't see the appeal of burning thru the levels so fast you only have to do a few quests of each level. Others find that enjoyable. *shrug* To each their own.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
A VIP gift every month would be great. A little something sent to you through the mailbox. Not random. Maybe a chest you open and pick out what you want.

Can include:

1.) 1, 10 hour Sovereign XP elixir.

2.) A mount.

3.) A pet.

4.) A special VIP buff. Categorized as "VIP bonus". I.E. +8 VIP bonus to strength.

5.) Early access to Expansions

6.) A end of 12-month VIP gift of 5,000 DDO points.

Eme

the thing is, none of those things would entice me to sub, or entice me to play through more lives across the lower levels, and by extension: spend more ££ on potions and suchlike.
The 10% of current VIP isn't enough for me to want to grind through all those early level quests that I have already done hundreds of times, it's too slow and too time consuming away from being capped with the time I do get to play that it puts me off doing so. The boost of the additional 15% was just enough for me to consider getting subbed and running some past lives, and it did. It made the difference for me. But as I say earlier, that's just how I felt about it.

Onyxia2016

There have been so many suggestions for VIP perks that would not have SSG giving away the farm, but to date nothing.
Good or bad I still hold a VIP account as does my wife. Our choice.

The Narc

Right now the big perk for vip is being able to open on elite versus free to pay not being aboe to, and SSG are content leaving that as a perk because they are still making money of free to players because of that. If you want to strike back, just make it a mission to find yourself a free to player and get them thru two TR’s so they can open elite. Thereby encouraging SSG to offer something better, and let SSG know you will continue to help free to play players not spend until they provide you with some tangible benefit to being a vip.

Mordenkainen

Please SSG, no more nerfs. Thank you!
I mean... to be brutally honest, giving away stuff on VIP isn't some technical hurdle or whatever which can only mean that SSG after years of considering is noticing that people continue to sub-up and really not incentivized to give away more stuff.

It's pretty much this.

Oliphant

Most of the VIP whining started when they give away the quests for free. Never go full Scrooge.

Dragavon

the thing is, none of those things would entice me to sub, or entice me to play through more lives across the lower levels, and by extension: spend more ££ on potions and suchlike.
The 10% of current VIP isn't enough for me to want to grind through all those early level quests that I have already done hundreds of times, it's too slow and too time consuming away from being capped with the time I do get to play that it puts me off doing so. The boost of the additional 15% was just enough for me to consider getting subbed and running some past lives, and it did. It made the difference for me. But as I say earlier, that's just how I felt about it.

You do forget some things here Eme. Things like Monster Manual deeds adds up to a lot of XP too.

The XP advantage on a VIP account is a lot more than 10& +1% per party member. I see that now that I run multiple accounts, some VIP and some not VIP.

The difference in XP is more than one rank per level, so more than 20% when there is no special VIP XP bonus. When we have bonus like now it is more than 2 ranks every level.

VIP does more than you think.

Reactions: Eme

Shear-buckler

10%, plus 1% per party member that's not you.

That is very misleading. The party member bonus is added to the same bucket of bonuses as first time bonus, conquest etc. Adding +1% to 300% is pretty much neglicable, a rounding error that ends up less than the xp you overshoot 20 and 30 with.

Oliphant

Override a raid timer once per week
That is very misleading. The party member bonus is added to the same bucket of bonuses as first time bonus, conquest etc. Adding +1% to 300% is pretty much neglicable, a rounding error that ends up less than the xp you overshoot 20 and 30 with.
Doesn't seem that way and does not seem to match what ddowiki says: https://ddowiki.com/page/Experience_point#XP_example
Voice, Ship Buffs, VIP, and XP Elixirs are applied to "subtotal", all the normal bonuses are applied to "base".

Shear-buckler

Doesn't seem that way and does not seem to match what ddowiki says: https://ddowiki.com/page/Experience_point#XP_example
Voice, Ship Buffs, VIP, and XP Elixirs are applied to "subtotal", all the normal bonuses are applied to "base".

Read it again. The grouping bonus is listed under the bonuses that are applied to "base" and not under the bonuses that are applied to "subtotal". (Not that it matters in which order the two bonus-buckets are applied.)

Dandonk

This is not the title you're looking for
It is exactly how Shear says. The VIP bonus is (normally) 10% which is additive with ship/voice/pots and that total is multiplied on the "subtotal" quest xp (which is kind of the xp you see in the quest window, except when the daily-run bonus is display-bugged and not showing). Those 10% is close to a 10% real bonus, since even with ship/voice and a 20% pot for instance, you'll go from a 40% bonus to a 50% with VIP (in this case, a 1/14th increase in XP awarded, or 7ish %)

The 1% per member, on the other hand, is added to the bucket where delving, ransack, conquest, traps, doors, no-deaths, no-reentry, tome of learning etc. Let's look at case B on the wiki:

First reaper 45%
Delving 150%
Conquest 25%
Ransack 15%
Flawless 10%
Persistence 10%
Greater tome 50%
Daily 25%

This is a total of 330%. The group bonus is actually mentioned under Case A, btw, in the section with these bonuses.
If a VIP has a full group, he'll get another 5% on top of that 330% bonus. So total (including base xp) would go from 430% (330+base 100) to 435%, an increase of 1.16%. Which is very meh.

I agree that the wiki could be a little confusing on this point, since it doesn't spell out too clearly that the 1% is on another channel than the regular VIP bonus. But it does actually say "small group bonus" to xp, and in Case A the group bonus is indeed added in this channel with delving and so on.

Last edited: